The truth on being saved.

I have "The Creeds of Christiandom" and the Church's first creeds were the Bible. The Catholic church refused to let the common man read the Bible and the monks were destroying the Bible.

Virtually none of the common man could read all those centuries. And there were no hand written Bibles to hand out until the 1400s and the printing press. But let us leave that aside for the moment.

I do not know what your book “The Creeds of Christiandom” is claiming, but if they are implying that nothing could be known or dogmatic until the Bible was codified, they are flat out wrong. If they are saying the Church somehow lost its credibility when Constantine made it the Church for Romans, again, that is baloney. What teachings changed at that moment, by the way, since Protestants embrace the early Church but are quick to assemble this dividing line?

As many have said, and it is true, the Bible is the book of the Church, more so than the Church is the church of the Bible. Jesus established His Church with Peter as the first head of the Church. Jesus made it clear that it would be the authority to rule on earth – - “…whatsoever you hold bound on earth shall be held bound in heaven.” “I give thee the keys of the kingdom.” “Whose sins you do not forgive, shall not be forgiven in heaven.” These words do not carry any significance for you?

I could go on and on with Scripture verses making your “immediate entry into heaven upon death” highly problematic for most believers. Suffice it to say, protestant theology has so many unanswered and troubling questions it makes God look like a legalist following every single letter of the law. How cruel! God’s mercy is extened to all men. The Catholic Church is very clear on this. Vatican II: “Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.”

Scripture is clear enough on this as well: Romans 2:14-15 “For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them.” [and] Acts 10:34-35 “Opening his mouth, Peter said: "I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him.” [and] John 9:39-41 "I came into this world," said Jesus, "to judge men, that those who do not see may see, and that those who do see may become blind." These words were heard by those of the Pharisees who were present, and they asked Him, "Are we also blind?" "If you were blind," answered Jesus, "you would have no sin; but as a matter of fact you boast that you see. So your sin remains!"

God speaks to this in other passages, in other ways. As for purgatory, how can it be any other way? Here is a question for you Protestants --- those who say the only ones allowed into heaven are those who confess with their lips that Jesus is they Lord and Savior; and also perhaps those who have not reached the age of accountability ---- Does an 11 year old Hindu boy get to go to heaven if he dies? How about a 12 year old? 13? If at some point this Hindu boy has become “accountable” as you say, then I suppose it can be isolated down to the very day he crosses over, correct? You get my point? It is total baloney. God is merciful to all, he surely does not send people to hell for not having heard the gospel, just as surely as he does not allow Bob Boaster into heaven just because he believed, yet sinned gratuitously. None of that lines up with the mercy and justice of God.

There are scores of verses in Scripture that are referring primarily to purgatory. I will make note of only a couple here. And if you are to ask me why would God not make it more clear I would answer so so-called “believers and Christians” do not get lazy with their faith and obedience and settle for the bare minimum to escape hell and still have fun on earth. Not unlike why God does not make it clear when Jesus will return --- again, so fools do not have fun and dalliances and then stop just a month before Jesus return to get right with God. People do try to shortcut their obligations wherever and as often as they can.

Matthew 5:23-26
"Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering. Reconcile with your opponent at law while you are with him on the way, so that your opponent may not hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. Truly I say to you, you will not be released until you have paid up the last penny.”

[Jesus is assuring us (“truly I say to you”) that we will pay (be imprisoned) for a portion our transgressions until we have paid the last penny if we do not forgive others or obey. The key word is until. It is clear that once we have paid for our sins, then we will be released from our prison. That is not Hell because Hell is eternal. This is not an earthly reference as many who are to be saved have died without fulfilling all the requirements this passage implies. This is referring to purgatory where you will be eventually released.]

Luke 12:45-48
But if that slave says in his heart, 'My master will be a long time in coming,' and begins to beat the slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk: the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers. And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.

[The one slave who was not as guilty because he was somewhat ignorant of the gravity of his sins will receive less lashes. Note, he will still be punished, but not as severely. This is clearly not talking about hell, it is about some punishment that is less than eternal. It is purgatory once again. Different degrees of punishment which is how many have described it. Also, to whom more has been given (i.e. knowledge, riches, revelation, opportunity, etc.) more will be required; otherwise something consequential results. ]

1 Corinthians 3:12-15
Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

[Saved, but still will suffer loss as yet through fire. Protestants can argue this is some earthly punishment, not an afterlife matter, but I, and the Catholic Church, say not so. This is so much better explained as a purgatory sentence. Purgatory is a cleansing fire.]

This is the exact point where the Mormons miss it, Avatar. Jesus Christ is identified as the second Adam because you were indeed born into this world with the sin of Adam upon your soul. All mankind was born into this world with Adams sin. It was inherited just as you inherited things from your own parents . . . You were born spiritually "dead".. which is why Jesus said, Ye must be born again.

Once you are born again you are to come out from among them and be ye separated which for you will mean coming out from the false teachers & the Mormon Church. I will return later - God willing - I have some things to do..
FALSE, I DID NOT INHERIT MY FATHER OR MOTHERS "SINS" OR MISTAKES..
IF by your belief adam & eve had not "sinned" we would not exist ..that whole concept is nonsense..

Yes, you did. Do you know what a generational curse is, Daws? It comes from the generations before you. How did you get here?

Next you say that I am stating if Adam and Eve had not sinned we would not exist. That is not true either. What did God desire for Adam and Eve to do? Be fruitful and multiply. You'd still be here alright. So would I.

So your third claim - "that the whole concept is nonsense" isn't true either. Next?
from your delusional pov..your declaratives have to be true...in reality none are.
generational curses! what fucking century do you live in..?
the creation myth is just that, a myth...the human species DID NOT spring from a single breeding pair..even if you do include incest....

:lol:
I would prefer daws101 stay, Avatar. The Love of Christ compels me to say that because truly these are the ones Christ came for. I will tell you another thing I have noticed about some people who have been the most difficult cases - they make the most glorious saints. I think about Paul. I think about Augustine who had a son out of wedlock with a woman he was living with before he gave his life to Christ and had a true conversion of his soul. The list is endless and the worse they are the more I feel the love of God compelling me towards them. I didn't always feel that way. Now I do.
THE DIFFERENCE IS i NOT ONE OF THOSE CHARACTERS.....A LEAST YOUR DELUSION IS A GENTLE ONE....
I expect if god existed he would accept me for who I am, if for no other reasons than I gained a wisdom in life that conformists like yourselves could never hope to gain..and to shake up your religious complacency by questioning it..

You are correct in that you are not Augustine, Daws. You are a unique individual, fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God. As you say you expect God would accept you for who you are I have very good news for you. He does.

Daws, I can also assure you when it comes to my faith in God I am not complacent in the least about it. Now tell me about this wisdom of life you have gained and I will tell you about a King who was given more wealth, more land, by God than any other King who has ever lived - even to this very day and all because he asked God for wisdom in how to lead such a vast kingdom which he had inherited from his father, King David. 1 Kings 3: 9 - Jeri
you can't write this stuff ..oh you already did...you should apply from a writing gig at the TBN network bahahahahahahahahahahah!

Yes, you did. Do you know what a generational curse is, Daws? It comes from the generations before you. How did you get here?

Next you say that I am stating if Adam and Eve had not sinned we would not exist. That is not true either. What did God desire for Adam and Eve to do? Be fruitful and multiply. You'd still be here alright. So would I.

So your third claim - "that the whole concept is nonsense" isn't true either. Next?

Generational curses only affect non-christians. I don't want this to become a gotcha moment but I have already proved generational curses wrong.

It is more correctly called inherited sin.

No baby is born saved, Chuck. Therein generational curses do factor in and with that I was giving him an example of things "inherited" of which our inheriting Adams sin would be another. I hope that clarifies what I am doing concerning my reply to Daws.

- Jeri
again it's nonsense based on the fairy tale of original sin..what a steaming pile of pretentious shit!

THE DIFFERENCE IS i NOT ONE OF THOSE CHARACTERS.....A LEAST YOUR DELUSION IS A GENTLE ONE....
I expect if god existed he would accept me for who I am, if for no other reasons than I gained a wisdom in life that conformists like yourselves could never hope to gain..and to shake up your religious complacency by questioning it..

You are correct in that you are not Augustine, Daws. You are a unique individual, fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God. As you say you expect God would accept you for who you are I have very good news for you. He does.

Daws, I can also assure you when it comes to my faith in God I am not complacent in the least about it. Now tell me about this wisdom of life you have gained and I will tell you about a King who was given more wealth, more land, by God than any other King who has ever lived - even to this very day and all because he asked God for wisdom in how to lead such a vast kingdom which he had inherited from his father, King David. 1 Kings 3: 9 - Jeri
you can't write this stuff ..oh you already did...you should apply from a writing gig at the TBN network bahahahahahahahahahahah!

I have no interest in writing for TBN. Let's get back to you, Daws. You say that you have gained this wisdom of life that conformists such as myself would never hope to gain, yet I have told you that King Solomon gained far more wealth, palaces, lands, gold and silver by his wisdom than any man who ever lived and this is verifiable, Daws. So tell me how your wisdom could possibly be greater than King Solomon's.

Take your time. I'll wait as I have to go answer a response I left off earlier. I'll look forward to your reply because according to your claims your wisdom would have to be greater than Solomon's. If that is true then I cannot fathom your not being able to provide a logical answer to my question. Thank you in advance for the explanation you'll provide us with. - Jeri

p.s. After Augustine gave his life to Christ it was said he was one of the five most brilliant minds to have ever lived. According to his writings. Godly wisdom does great things for men humble enough to receive it. Consider that while contemplating your answer, Daws.

Last edited:
Jeri you and I are in agreement about so much, I hope that our differences don't complicate that.
If Turz has to live holy from now on, what of His past? And what of the future not so holy moments to come?
The holiness we are able to see God because of, is Christ's holiness. Not ours.

The door to Heaven opens in 3,2,1. Everybody who has lived a Holy life please step forward............
For all the rest,There is a gift for you. His name is Christ the Lord.

Here is how you acquired sin:
"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12)
And by one man we are cleansed of it. One only.

And here is our part in it:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Even our good works, which we should do, for the sake of the Holy One are the result of the Father and not our own.
The ability to do good works is from the Father. It is a blessing.

2Cor. 9:8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Last edited:
is it possible for any of you to answer questions without proselytizing?

if you don't want to hear proselytizing, then i would recommend not being in the religion section of the forum.
so the answer is you're incapable of forming original ideas on the subject matter...

I am awaiting whether or not you are capable of explaining how your wisdom is greater than that of King Solomons and if you cannot than you must digress in admitting that the wisdom of God is greater than the wisdom of your finite mind. It is well known that King Solomon got his wisdom from God. He said so himself. I'll look forward to hearing about this wisdom you have obtained from some other source and I trust you'll also provide evidence of what it has done for you, Daws. As of this writing, I see no evidence of it at all.

- Jeri

I have no interest in writing for TBN. Let's get back to you, Daws. You say that you have gained this wisdom of life that conformists such as myself would never hope to gain, yet I have told you that King Solomon gained far more wealth, palaces, lands, gold and silver by his wisdom than any man who ever lived and this is verifiable, Daws. So tell me how your wisdom could possibly be greater than King Solomon's.

Take your time. I'll wait as I have to go answer a response I left off earlier. I'll look forward to your reply because according to your claims your wisdom would have to be greater than Solomon's. If that is true then I cannot fathom your not being able to provide a logical answer to my question. Thank you in advance for the explanation you'll provide us with. - Jeri
MY REPLY IS SIMPLE
1. KING SOLOMON was not the richest king ever
that honor goes to the first emperor of china...so again your response is based on a false premise..
2.I never claimed or inferred or hinted that MY wisdom was greater than king solomon's is reputed to be.you did... (there is no quantifiable evidence that his "wisdom was any greater than any other wisemen of that time ,again based on a false premise.)

as to this: " I gained a wisdom in life that conformists like yourselves could never hope to gain"- daws
it's self explanatory ....
if IT NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED TO YOU THEN YOU LACK THE WISDOM TO UNDERSTAND IT.

Last edited:
if you don't want to hear proselytizing, then i would recommend not being in the religion section of the forum.
so the answer is you're incapable of forming original ideas on the subject matter...

i am awaiting whether or not you are capable of explaining how your wisdom is greater than that of king solomons and if you cannot than you must digress in admitting that the wisdom of god is greater than the wisdom of your finite mind. It is well known that king solomon got his wisdom from god. He said so himself. I'll look forward to hearing about this wisdom you have obtained from some other source and i trust you'll also provide evidence of what it has done for you, daws. As of this writing, i see no evidence of it at all.

- jeri
you would not as any evidence is outside your blinders on experience.

I have "The Creeds of Christiandom" and the Church's first creeds were the Bible. The Catholic church refused to let the common man read the Bible and the monks were destroying the Bible.

Virtually none of the common man could read all those centuries. And there were no hand written Bibles to hand out until the 1400s and the printing press. But let us leave that aside for the moment.

I do not know what your book “The Creeds of Christiandom” is claiming, but if they are implying that nothing could be known or dogmatic until the Bible was codified, they are flat out wrong. If they are saying the Church somehow lost its credibility when Constantine made it the Church for Romans, again, that is baloney. What teachings changed at that moment, by the way, since Protestants embrace the early Church but are quick to assemble this dividing line?

turzovka,

Can we have our own private discussion in the Bull Ring or in email? There are too many posters in this forum that would make the discussion go off topic and off track.

"The Creeds of Christiandom" is a set of three books compiled by Church historian Phillip Schaff:

Philip Schaff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The books are available online for free or you can buy them.

Some of the earliest church creeds are right in the Bible here:

http://www.ntslibrary.com/PDF Books/BIBLE CREEDS.pdf

I went through Phillip Schaff's "The Creeds of Christiandom" and started making my own list but they are basically scripture. The creeds are the basis of faith so if you do away with scripture like the Catholic church has done then you are silencing the basis of faith which is the Bible.

Creeds Of Christendom by the Church Fathers by Phillip Schaff
put into messageboard format by Chuckt
(These are quotations.)

this first one is a letter and not a creed but it looks like the gospel:

Be deaf, therefore, when any would speak to you apart from (at variance with ) Jesus Christ [the Son of God], who descended from the family of David, born of Mary, who truly was born [both of God and of the Virgin...

truly took a body; for the Word became flesh and dwelt among us without sin...], ate and drank [truly], truly suffered persecution under Pontius Pilate, was truly [and not in appearance] crucified and died...

who was also truly raised from the dead [ and rose after three days], his Father raising him up...

[and after having spent forty days with the Apostles, was received up to the Father, and sits on his right hand, waiting till his enemies are put under his feet].

-Ignatius of Antiioch. A.D. 107

Justification by Faith:
"The Rule of Faith is altogether one, sole, immovable, and irreformable-namely, to believe IN ONE GOD ALMIGHTY, the Maker of the world;.."-Tertullian, A.D. 200, De Virginibus Velandis

"I believe in GOD THE FATHER, in his Son Christ, in the Holy Ghost. I believe the forgivenss of sins, and eternal life..."-Cyprian, Of Carthage, A.D. 250.

"The rule of truth demands that, first of all, we believe in GOD THE FATHER and Almighty Lord, that is, the most perfect Maker of all things...."-Novatian of Rome, A.D. 250

"The same rule of truth teaches us to believe, after the Father, also in the SON OF GOD, CHRIST JESUS, our Lord God, but the Son of God..."-Novatian, of Rome, A.D. 250

"..in due consideration of the words and Scriptures of the LORD, admonishes us, after this, to believe also in the Holy Ghost."-Novatian, Of Rome, A.D. 250.

There is one God:

"IN ONE GOD, THE FATHER ALMIGHTY"-Irenaeus, Contra Haeresies, Lib. I

"..believing IN ONE GOD, Maker of heaven and earth, and all that in them is.."-Irenaeus, A.D. 180, ADV. Haer, Lib.III

"The Rule of Faith is altogether one, sole, immovable, and irreformable-namely, to believe IN ONE GOD ALMIGHTY, the Maker of the world;.."-Tertullian, A.D. 200, De Virginibus Velandis

"But we believe always, and now more, being instructed by the Paraclete, the Leader into all truth, ONE GOD:"-Tertullian, A.D. 200, ADV, PRAXEAM

"First, that there is ONE GOD, who created and framed every thing, and who, when nothing was, brought all things into being,.."-Origen, A.D. 230

There is a judgment:
"the Saviour of those who are saved, and the Judge of those who are judged; and sending into eternal fire the perverters of the truth and the despisers of his Father and his advent."-Irenaeus, A.D. 180, ADV. Haer, Lib.III

"...sitting now at the right hand of the Father coming to judge the quick and the dead,.."Tertullian A.D. 200, De Virginibus Velandis, cap. 1

Sola Scriptura:
"IF the Apostles had not left to us the Scriptures, would it not be necessary to follow the order of tradition, which those to whom they committed the churches handed down?"-Irenaeus, A.D. 180, Adv. Haer. Lib III.

"..in due consideration of the words and Scriptures of the LORD, admonishes us, after this, to believe also in the Holy Ghost."-Novatian, Of Rome, A.D. 250.

Jesus is God:
p.23,"The Creeds of Christendom" by Philip Schaff...i don't know if I can explain and quote Origen in 250 letters or less on Jesus being God.

Jesus Rose From The Dead
"(Jesus)...who was truly riased from the dead [and rose after three days], his Father raising him up...",Irenaeus, A.D. 107, Epistola Ad Trallianos, cap. 9

"..and the resurrection from the dead, and the bodily assumption into heaven of the beloved Christ Jesus, our Lord, and his appearing from heaven in the glory of the Father,.."-Irenaeus, A.D. 180, Contra Haereses, Lib. I. cap 10

-The Creeds of Christiandom by Phillip Schaff

As many have said, and it is true, the Bible is the book of the Church, more so than the Church is the church of the Bible. Jesus established His Church with Peter as the first head of the Church. Jesus made it clear that it would be the authority to rule on earth – - “…whatsoever you hold bound on earth shall be held bound in heaven.” “I give thee the keys of the kingdom.” “Whose sins you do not forgive, shall not be forgiven in heaven.” These words do not carry any significance for you?

These verses are significant but not in the same sense that they are significant to Catholics. While we share many things, I have a different take on these verses.

"All this verse is saying is that the apostles were given the power to grant or deny access into the kingdom of God based on how people respond to the gospel message."-p.109, Reasoning from the Scriptures with Catholics by Ron Rhodes

"....Christians can announce the prohobition or allowance of certain things on earth because heaven has already made an accouncement on these matters."-p.109, Reasoning from the Scriptures with Catholics by Ron Rhodes

That includes me as well as many other Christians.

I hereby invite turzovka to discuss the matter here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-b...catholicism-vs-protestantism.html#post8070177

All others debating there without invitation should read the rules because the rules state that unless you are invited, you can be removed and you will no longer be able to view the forum as it is *read only*.

I think if we discuss it here, we can be more organized and have less interference.

Jeri you and I are in agreement about so much, I hope that our differences don't complicate that.
If Turz has to live holy from now on, what of His past? And what of the future not so holy moments to come?
The holiness we are able to see God because of, is Christ's holiness. Not ours.

The door to Heaven opens in 3,2,1. Everybody who has lived a Holy life please step forward............
For all the rest,There is a gift for you. His name is Christ the Lord.

Here is how you acquired sin:
"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12)
And by one man we are cleansed of it. One only.

And here is our part in it:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Even our good works, which we should do, for the sake of the Holy One are the result of the Father and not our own.
The ability to do good works is from the Father. It is a blessing.

2Cor. 9:8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Turzovka is a Catholic so he understands what holiness is perhaps on a greater level than you or Chuck. You are both mistaken in thinking that there are not Catholics who soared to the spiritual heights because of their prayer lives, their sufferings, their holiness in living for Christ and Christ alone. There are some ( as with every faith although I find the Catholics exceptional in this matter ) who did indeed accept Christ as their Lord and Savior were born again of the spirit albeit not at a southern baptist altar but again God is not interested in the "wheres" so much as the "whys" and the "hows' and the "whats" such as why we preach and "what we preach" concerning the gospel - some do it for fame, some for filthy lucre - greedy for gain - others do it out of the realization that without the gospel souls will perish and so this is why they preach the gospel before men and before God and pray to God to save the souls of lost men. ( and women )

As to these Catholic Saints of old who travailed for souls - only God knows - only God knows and He does.. they knew what it was to share in the fellowship of Christs suffering perhaps more than you and I and that is all I have to say on the matter of Turzovka... let him speak of his own salvation.. he can share his own heart of what it is to be holy... it isn't my place..

As to what I think, Irish, what does it matter? It truly doesn't. What matters is what Jesus thinks! What does he think? Well, as I am reading Divine Revelation of Hell by Mary K. Baxter yet again ( I continue to read books on hell - to remind myself of the seriousness of what I am doing here ) this is what she said Jesus told her ( found on page 203, 204 ) Divine Revelation of Hell:

Jesus says, Charge them that are in the world that they be not haughty or trust in uncertain riches but to put their trust in the living God, who gives us all things freely to enjoy. Walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Be not decieved, God is not mocked. For whatever a man sows that will he also reap. Sow to the flesh, and you will reap corruption. Sow to the Spirit, and you will reap life everlasting. The works of the flesh are adultery, fornication, uncleanness, idolatry, witchcraft,wrath, envying, drunkeness, reveling and such like. Those who do these things will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

The fruit of the Spirit are these: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control. They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its lusts.

When the Word of God is fulfilled, then the end will come. No man knows the day nor the hour when the Son of God will return to the earth. Not even the Son knows, for that is known only by the Father. The Word is quickly being fulfilled.

Come as a little child, and let Me cleanse you from the works of the flesh. Say to Me, "Lord Jesus, come into my heart and forgive me of my sins. I know that I am a sinner, and I repent of my sins. Wash me in your blood, and make me clean. I have sinned against heaven and before You and am not worthy to be called a son. I receive you by faith as my Savior.

I will give you pastors after My own heart and I will be your shepherd. You will be My people, and I will be your God. Read the Word, and forsake not the assembling of yourselves. Give your whole life to Me and I will keep you. I will never leave you nor forsake you. - Jesus

People, by one Spirit, we have access to the Father. I pray that all of you willl come and give your hearts to the Lord.

Last edited:
With all the nonsense Christians think and speak how do you mofo's decide who is crazy?

Or does just any bullshit go? Is ANY hallucination too wack for you people to buy into?

A day does not go by that I don't thank my lucky stars that I don't think like you idiots.

Why are there any laws against fraud at all?

If such believers hadn't fucked up the lives of billions of people for thousands of years it would be kind of funny.

The people who claim to have such great faith as to believe that God diddled a virgin to father himself so he could be born without a human father to save mankind by being scorned ridiculed and crucified before he floated up into the sky find it too hard to believe that they might be wrong...

I believe it is you who has too hard a time believing it might be yourself that is wrong, Daws.

:lol::lol:

MY REPLY IS SIMPLE
1. KING SOLOMON was not the richest king ever
that honor goes to the first emperor of china...so again your response is based on a false premise..
2.I never claimed or inferred or hinted that MY wisdom was greater than king solomon's is reputed to be.you did... (there is no quantifiable evidence that his "wisdom was any greater than any other wisemen of that time ,again based on a false premise.)

as to this: " I gained a wisdom in life that conformists like yourselves could never hope to gain"- daws
it's self explanatory ....
if IT NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED TO YOU THEN YOU LACK THE WISDOM TO UNDERSTAND IT.

Excuse me but you are wrong. King Solomon was richer than the first emperor of China. Had you read the scriptures and studied the history of Solomon you would know that, Daws.

Furthermore, Daws, you said that you gained a wisdom in life that "Conformists" meaning one conformed to Christ as this is about my Christianity you were referring to - is a wisdom I could never hope to gain which therein implies your wisdom gained without God ( as you are a self professed atheist ) is greater than wisdom that comes from those who believe in God and are conformists to God and His ways.

I told you that King Solomon openly writes in 1 Kings 3: 8 that he asked for wisdom from God and received it. You claim your wisdom without God - as an atheist - is greater. Therein you are implying your wisdom is greater than that of Solomon's.
PROVE IT. - Jeri

As to what I think, Irish, what does it matter? It truly doesn't. What matters is what Jesus thinks! What does he think? Well, as I am reading Divine Revelation of Hell by Mary K. Baxter yet again ( I continue to read books on hell - to remind myself of the seriousness of what I am doing here ) this is what she said Jesus told her ( found on page 203, 204 ) Divine Revelation of Hell:

Divine Revelation of HELL
The Heavenly Hash of Mary K. Baxter
Mary Baxter - "A Divine Revelation of Hell" Debunked
Mary K Baxter Divine Revelation of Hell

You do realize that Kenneth Copeland had his own visions of hell, also Kenneth Hagin was taken there in near death experience, as well as John Bunyan the author of the Classic Pilgrims Progress and the title of his tour of hell was called, Divine Revelation of Hell. ( also )

Then there is St. Theresa of Avila who was given a vision of hell, perhaps that was mentioned in her book, Interior Castles, not sure, there are many more that is a small sampling but for a more recent account it would be Mary K. Baxter who you have just accused with these ridiculous links and then there is also the more recent book by Bill Wiese called 23 minutes in hell and would you like to accuse him also? Do you even know who the accuser of the Brethren is, Chuck? May God have mercy upon you for trying to malign Mary K. Baxter's name this. She is a holy spirit filled woman who spent her life in prayer and intercession for the lost. I question your motive for challenging Turzovka to a debate. I do not believe your heart is right within you on the matter and believe you should think again before using a mans soul for board entertainment.

See this video of St. Theresa of Avila's vision of hell - even her spirit as it entered hell and see what she saw and felt the torments and tortures of hell in her own body - notice that her testimony is quite precise and in alignment with the visions of Mary K. Baxter who also went there during prayer - in the spirit and then do yourself a favor and look up John Bunyans book, Divine Revelation of Hell and read it and you shall see all of these people - yes, even Bill Weise - speak of the same experiences - the very same experiences - how is that possible, Chuck? How is that possible when Avila lives centuries ago! She has been in heaven for centuries now! Watch the video, turn up the speakers and read her words..

Theresa of Avila's testimony on her vision Hell:

[ame=http://youtu.be/lT8JTpVrH2c]Saint Teresa of Avila had a vision of hell: - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
As

You do realize that Kenneth Copeland had his own visions of hell, also Kenneth Hagin was taken there in near death experience, as well as John Bunyan the author of the Classic Pilgrims Progress and the title of his tour of hell was called, Divine Revelation of Hell. ( also )

Then there is St. Theresa of Avila who was given a vision of hell, perhaps that was mentioned in her book, Interior Castles, not sure, there are many more that is a small sampling but for a more recent account it would be Mary K. Baxter who you have just accused with these ridiculous links and then there is also the more recent book by Bill Wiese called 23 minutes in hell and would you like to accuse him also? Do you even know who the accuser of the Brethren is, Chuck? May God have mercy upon you for trying to malign Mary K. Baxter's name this. She is a holy spirit filled woman who spent her life in prayer and intercession for the lost. I question your motive for challenging Turzovka to a debate. I do not believe your heart is right within you on the matter and believe you should think again before using a mans soul for board entertainment.

Kenneth Hagin is a plagiarist who copied another man's work word for word right out of the mind science cults (aka E.W. Kenyon) and Kenneth Copeland and all the other word of faith teachers copy from Kenneth Hagin. Kenneth Copeland has some controversy:

In February 2007 Copeland was accused of using his ministry's Citation X for personal vacations and friends.[19] The Copelands' financial records are not publicly available, and a list of the board of directors is not accessible as these details are protected but known confidentially by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).[20] Responding to media questions, Copeland pointed to what he asserted was an accounting firm's declaration that all jet travel complies with federal tax laws.[20] In December 2008, KCM's Citation Bravo was denied tax exemption after KCM refused to submit a standardized Texas Comptroller form that some county appraisal districts use to make determinations, which would have required making public the salary of all ministry staff.[21][22] KCM subsequently filed suit with the Tarrant Appraisal District in January 2009 and its petition to have the aircraft's tax-exempt status restored was granted in March 2010.[22][23][24]

I think the best books I can advise you on is "A Different Gospel" by D.R. McConnell:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/A-Different-Gospel-Updated-Edition/dp/1565631323]A Different Gospel: Updated Edition: Dan R. McConnell, D. R. McConnell, Hank Hanegraaff: 9781565631328: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Another book I have is "Christianity In Crisis" by Hank Hanegraaff:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Christianity-Crisis-Hank-Hanegraaff/dp/0890819769/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383104458&sr=1-3&keywords=christianity+in+crisis]Christianity in Crisis: Hank Hanegraaff: 9780890819760: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

CRI use to sell the audio portion. My "charismatic" friends in college said that Hank took them out of context so I loaned out the audio portion that proves otherwise and the pastor who borrowed it promised to give it back and never did so people who dispute things are not always honest and people dispute things not to find truth but to be in charge even if it means distorting Christianity or damaging Christians as long as they are in charge.

Another book is:

Moriarty, Michael, G., "The New Charismatics", A Concerned Voice Responds to Dangerous New Trends

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/New-Charismatics-Concerned-Responds-Dangerous/dp/0310534313/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383104766&sr=1-1&keywords=the+new+charismatics]The New Charismatics: A Concerned Voice Responds to Dangerous New Trends: Michael G. Moriarty: 9780310534310: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

As far as I am concerned, most of the names you mentioned are false teachers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back