🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Two State Option Is Dying

That post has nothhing to do with proving you wrong. I'm just stating how I feel when I converse with you.

Indeed, I feel like I am trying to explain music to someone who has been deaf from birth.

Except, you haven't explained anything yet ??

I play guitar and drums. What about you ?

Interesting. I used to design commercial sound systems and I designed and built custom speakers for bands and clubs.

Gee, we almost have something in common.

OMG, I didn't know that. "Israel occupies Palestine." So the land was "Palestine" when the Israelites built Solomon's Temple. Right Tinmore?

How Did the Land of Israel Become "Palestine"?

Israel occupies Palestine.

Nobody is allowed to mention that.

Jerusalem was never called Israel until 1948. There was no nation of Israel until 1948. I will never forget Uri Avnerys reaction at hearing what the name of the new Jewish nation would be, he was a soldier ethnically cleansing a Palestinian village when he heard the news. How surreal all of that is! (This is an article about Uri Avnery. http://mondoweiss.net/2011/08/in-19...rroboration-of-the-palestinian-narrative.html)

Last edited:
"WHERE IS the negation of the Palestinian state leading to? Logically, it can only lead to an apartheid state in the entire country between the Mediterranean and the Jordan. In the long run, that would be untenable, leading to an Arab-majority “bi-national” state, which would be totally unacceptable to almost all Israeli Jews. So what is left? The only conceivable solution would be transfer of all the Arabs to the other side of the Jordan. In some ultra-right circles, this is openly talked about. The Jordanian monarch is deadly afraid of it.Population transfer already happened in 1948. It is still a point of debate whether this was done deliberately. In the first part of the war, it was clearly a military necessity (and practiced by both sides). Later on, it became more deliberate. But the main point is that the refugees were not allowed back when the hostilities were over. On the contrary, some villages were emptied and destroyed even later. Everybody acted under the invisible directive of the Main Effort, a direction so deeply ingrained in the collective consciousness, that it did not need any specific order.But 1948 is long gone. The world has changed." This is from an article by Uri Avnery. http://zope.gush-shalom.org/home/en/channels/avnery/1337954298/

Last edited:
"Hulda, on Friday, May 14, 1948. In the coming night my company was to attack al-Qubab, an Arab village on the road to Jerusalem, east of Ramle. We were busy with preparations. I was cleaning my Czech-made rifle, when somebody came and told us that Ben-Gurion was just making a speech about the founding of the state. Frankly, none of us was very interested in speeches by politicians in Tel Aviv. The city seemed so far away. The state, we knew, was here with us. If the Arabs were to win, there would be no state and no us. If we won, there would be a state. We were young and self-confident, and did not doubt for a moment that we would win.But there was one detail that I was really curious about: what was the new state to be called? Judea? Zion? The Jewish State? So I hastened to the dining hall. Ben-Gurion's unmistakable voice was blaring from the radio. When he reached the words "…namely the State of Israel" I had had enough and left.Outside I came across Issar. He was in another company,*..." http://www.avnery-news.co.il/english/ Namely The State Of Israel 5/3/08; http://m.topix.com/forum/il/tel-aviv/T3O3G9NL970P5QRSH

Last edited:
OMG, I didn't know that. "Israel occupies Palestine." So the land was "Palestine" when the Israelites built Solomon's Temple. Right Tinmore?

Israel occupies Palestine.

Nobody is allowed to mention that.

Jerusalem was never called Israel until 1948. There was no nation of Israel until 1948. I will never forget Uri Avnerys reaction at hearing what the name of the new Jewish nation would be, he was a soldier ethnically cleansing a Palestinian village when he heard the news. How surreal all of that is! (This is an article about Uri Avnery. In 1950, Avnery offered first Israeli corroboration of ?the Palestinian narrative? | Mondoweiss)

Are you saying that there was no nation of Israel in ancient times?

The two-state option is not dying.

The two-state option is dead.

It died at the end of the 1967 Six-Day War.

It's just that the Arab side hasn't figured that out yet.

I do not recall (perhaps I was not paying attention in my childhood)
something called the TWO - STATE option-----before 1967
I recall the UAR the united arab republic-----and interviews just
prior to the war with representatives thereof and of various islamic
countries in which the statement "WE WILL NOT TOLERATE A
ZIONIST ENTITY IN OUR MIDST"-----was repeatedly eructated
from the mouths of greasy looking fat characters with rags
on their heads (well, I was young---that's how I remember it)
No one seemed to mention anything like "a state for us and
a zionist entity for you" My impression is that the "two state
solution" was never actually alive-------it was simply a stillborn
in 1967. Most stillborns are the result of BLIGHTED OVUM--
that is there was something wrong with the zygote (ie the sperm
and egg combo) from the very beginning

does anyone remember when "two state solution" became part
of the lexicon? was it before or after some arab muslims suddenly
became "palestinians"??

became "palestinians"??

My own take on this - rightly or wrongly - is that a two-state solution is what the United Nations had in mind, when they originally authorized an Independent State of Israel and a partitioning of the former British Mandate Palestine in the late 1940s.

The Arab-Muslim neighbor-countries of the Palestinians ruled various pieces of the crazy patchwork of Arab-Palestinian lands and never collaborated to fashion a viable Arab-Palestinian state - retarding the forward progress of their Arab-Palestinian brethren.

Many Arab-Palestinians of the era wanted to return to their old homes (in those cases where the land still lay abandoned and had not yet been swept-up for re-titling and re-tasking) but the Arab-Palestinians lacked the governing structures to advocate for them.

These were the years (1948-1967) of repeated invitations to the peace-table on the part of the Israelis and of repeated rejections by the Arab-Palestinians' neighbor-rulers, and even of the more radical fringe of the Arab-Palestinian population itself, who continued to gullibly buy into the old 1948 Arab-neighbor promises to redeem all of Palestine for them.

And then came the 1967 Six Day War and that most remarkable long-odds win by the Israelis - the Golan was captured as a buttress against future assault by Syria, and, most importantly of all, Jerusalem was taken.

That was a game-changer, and the attitudes of the Israelis towards both the Palestinians and their Arab neighbors changed forever.

Until that point in time, the Israelis had been far more agreeable to supporting a two-state solution and sharing the regional resources in peace.

But, of course, once you've taken Jerusalem - after waiting for 1900 years since getting kicked out of it the last time - you're not likely to give it back again.

Jerusalem changed everything.

Last edited:

became "palestinians"??

My own take on this - rightly or wrongly - is that a two-state solution is what the United Nations had in mind, when they originally authorized an Independent State of Israel and a partitioning of the former British Mandate Palestine in the late 1940s.

The Arab-Muslim neighbor-countries of the Palestinians ruled various pieces of the crazy patchwork of Arab-Palestinian lands and never collaborated to fashion a viable Arab-Palestinian state - retarding the forward progress of their Arab-Palestinian brethren.

Many Arab-Palestinians of the era wanted to return to their old homes (in those cases where the land still lay abandoned and had not yet been swept-up for re-titling and re-tasking) but the Arab-Palestinians lacked the governing structures to advocate for them.

These were the years (1948-1967) of repeated invitations to the peace-table on the part of the Israelis and of repeated rejections by the Arab-Palestinians' neighbor-rulers, and even of the more radical fringe of the Arab-Palestinian population itself, who continued to gullibly buy into the old 1948 Arab-neighbor promises to redeem all of Palestine for them.

And then came the 1967 Six Day War and that most remarkable long-odds win by the Israelis - the Golan was captured as a buttress against future assault by Syria, and, most importantly of all, Jerusalem was taken.

That was a game-changer, and the attitudes of the Israelis towards both the Palestinians and their Arab neighbors changed forever.

Until that point in time, the Israelis had been far more agreeable to supporting a two-state solution and sharing the regional resources in peace.

But, of course, once you've taken Jerusalem - after waiting for 1900 years since getting kicked out of it the last time - you're not likely to give it back again.

Jerusalem changed everything.

Excellent post my friend :clap2:

Jerusalem was never called Israel until 1948. There was no nation of Israel until 1948. I will never forget Uri Avnerys reaction at hearing what the name of the new Jewish nation would be, he was a soldier ethnically cleansing a Palestinian village when he heard the news. How surreal all of that is! (This is an article about Uri Avnery. In 1950, Avnery offered first Israeli corroboration of ?the Palestinian narrative? | Mondoweiss)

That is right!

Well, apparently Israel has not figured it out either as they keep wanting talks to discuss it.

His continuous denial makes him look like a 13 year old

Now that proves me wrong.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

That post has nothhing to do with proving you wrong. I'm just stating how I feel when I converse with you.

You are the child, I think 13 is your age. You certainly post like it is, as I keep telling you homeschooling is not working well for you. You are always stealing others words and ideas, as if you have none of your own. Here is a challenge, let us see if you can take a position on the thread topic, whether the two state option is dead, take a position and use your own words to defend the position you take.

Jerusalem was not in Israel.

Were Israelites Jews or Pagans?

Was anyone else living there?

Forum List

Back