The U.S. is number 28 in gun homicides with 2.97 per 100,000

Not every firearm-related death is a homicide.

So, it looks like you're wrong.

So, the answer to that is to sort the list by "Homicide" rate.

The US still comes in 13th, not "28th".

The one word you over looked as what Ravi and company also did was GUN homicide.

No, I didn't overlook that. The list only lists GUN homicides.

It's a moot point, anyway. The US is significantly farther down the list in terms of overall homicide rate than it is for GUN homicide.

The one word you over looked as what Ravi and company also did was GUN homicide.

It's a moot point, anyway. The US is significantly farther down the list in terms of overall homicide rate than it is for GUN homicide.
I think it was pointed out that suicide was also included in the homicide rate.

No. The list includes all gun deaths, and then breaks it down into Homicide, Suicide, Accidental and Unknown.

In terms of gun suicides, the US ranks second.

It's unclear how up to date the data is, though.

Another interesting piece of information.

You're 133% more of being a victim in great britain than in the United States
In the U.S. people feel safer walking in the dark than in Great Britain
And for the ladies you're 125% more chances of being a rape victim in Great Britain than in the U.S.

NationMaster - Crime stats: United Kingdom vs United States

No. The list includes all gun deaths, and then breaks it down into Homicide, Suicide, Accidental and Unknown.

In terms of gun suicides, the US ranks second.

It's unclear how up to date the data is, though.
All gun deaths? would suicide with a gun be a gun death?

You, bigrebnc, are not the law, you don't determine what the law is, and you will follow the law or accept the consequences.

obama-youth-brigade-1.jpg

daveman's fascination and approval of all thing Hitler becomes more apparent daily.
Approval? Only a retard would believe I approve of Hitler tactics.

However, you Brown Shirt-wannabes on the left seem to endorse them.

Then register and regulate all gun owners and all auto owners. Confiscate guns and autos of those who don't want to follow the law.

Listen to what you're saying. Take, take, take. Infringe, infringe, infringe. Maybe you need to stop worrying so much about other people and worry a little more about yourself.

Listen to what you are saying, inthemiddle: I am a member of the American society but I don't want to play by the rules. Leave then.
No. We don't want to play by YOUR rules, you little fascist.

bripat: a nazicon wack who posts literature both from the Cuban fascists and the communist WHO.

Those are the rules of society, guys, passed by our legislatures, signed by our executives, and opined by our courts.

You have a moral as well as legal obligation to obey the law.

If you revolt against our government, that is treason not patriotism.

You would have sided with King George, and informed on and denounced the revolutionaries.

Guaranteed.

We are a constitutional republic governed by the Rule of Law.

The ultra radical cons and libertarians will not take away our freedoms and liberties as an American people
That's funny, coming from someone who insists people should be subservient to government.

And it's still not first, as the left so breathlessly claims.

How many civilized, non third world western countries are ahead of the United States? In other words, countries with similar cultures.

And for the ladies you're 125% more chances of being a rape victim in Great Britain than in the U.S.

I don't know of anyone who has claimed that the US has the highest rate of gun homicide in the world. Link?
Make that gun violence:

John Rosenthal: US Gun Violence by the Numbers

Hence the United States is the gun violence capital of the world and here are the just a few of the startling numbers.​

All of the arguments put forth in this thread, from both sides, are examples of why statistics can be misleading.

Neither the gun murder rates of the US, nor the rape rates of the UK are enough to actually mean anything.

How many civilized, non third world western countries are ahead of the United States? In other words, countries with similar cultures.

So, the answer is one.

If you'd like to move the goalposts in that direction, you can no longer compare the US with Japan.

Or is that different? Somehow?

Forum List

Back