The U.S. Is Pumping Oil Faster Than Ever

Yeah and we export like 9 million bbl per day.

The fact is, the US CAN be energy independent if they would allow more drilling on federal lands.
We are more energy independent right now than we have ever been.

Why are your propagandists keeping this from you? Why do you trust MAGA outlets which keep the truth from you and lie to you?

Why are your propagandists keeping this from you? Why do you trust MAGA outlets which keep the truth from you and lie to you?
How many barrels of oil are we pumping in Tater approved leases?

ZERO sound about right?

Let me clear it up for ya, Simp.

Tater drained or EMERGENCY OIL RESERVES because his gas prices were out of control going into the midterms.

Can you link us up to “CYA” being listed in the very few reasons to release oil from the reserves?
He released about a QUARTER of the reserves.

Hardly “draining”

So you LIKE paying more for gas?

That is not the result of the world market
Yes, it is. You can keep parroting your lying propagandists' talking point, but repetition won't make it true.

It's funny how supposed free market conservatives have no clue how energy markets work.

What’s the inflation in Japan? 🤷‍♂️
3.3 percent.

Russia's inflation is 4.3 percent. Their interest rate is over 12 percent.

The EU's inflation rate is 5.5 percent.

The UK's inflation rate is 6.8 percent.

I’m not aware of any either having or releasing reserves.

What is your point?

If oil prices are controlled globally…and the US depletes half of its SOR to help ease oil prices, and nobody else does, you don’t question that? Why put our stock pile at risk? Yeah, gas prices lowered for a little while but then went right back up. On top of that, Biden said they would refill the reserves when oil got to $70, but despite the fact that it got to $60, they didn’t act.

What used to be 700 million barrels is down to under 350 million barrels.

Typical distraction from the far left.

Earth to g5000, Earth to g5000. We derive energy from a number of sources. Plus, we may be producing more oil, but that oil is costing us more to mine.

So, how did we lose energy independence?​

Soon after Biden took office, the Energy Information Agency reported that the United States would begin importing more oil than it would export for 2021 and 2022. On January 27 of this year, Biden drafted an executive order largely affected the oil and gas industry. The order included the following guidelines:
  • Halted new oil and gas leases on federal onshore lands such as national parks and offshore waters (however, this did not affect tribal lands)
  • Directed the Secretary of the Interior to consider adjusting coal, oil and gas royalties to “account for corresponding climate costs” (i.e., the industry expected increased royalties)
  • Suspended new leases, contracts, or drilling permits for at least 60 days
  • Withdrew the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline
While the existing leases for companies to explore and/or drill for oil are still in existence, no new leases or permits will be given. The effect of this measure means that there are limited effects on existing lands where exploration and drilling takes place. It is expected that Americans won’t see the effects of this part of the executive order for up to ten years.

Because Biden directed the Secretary of the Interior to provide a comprehensive review of the climate impact of future oil and gas activity on public lands, companies are expecting new regulations, which are often costly to companies.

Earth to Markle. See post 283.

You are posting obsolete news.

Try to catch up.

If oil prices are controlled globally…and the US depletes half of its SOR to help ease oil prices, and nobody else does, you don’t question that? Why put our stock pile at risk? Yeah, gas prices lowered for a little while but then went right back up. On top of that, Biden said they would refill the reserves when oil got to $70, but despite the fact that it got to $60, they didn’t act.

What used to be 700 million barrels is down to under 350 million barrels.
There’s part of your problem.

We didn’t deplete half. More like a quarter.

We still have plenty for emergencies

If oil prices are controlled globally…and the US depletes half of its SOR to help ease oil prices, and nobody else does, you don’t question that?
False assumption. 30 countries joined the US in releasing oil reserves.

Why be “more energy independent” when you can be totally independent?

I never understood why we have to live in the global market when we have the ability to be self sustaining. Build a few more refineries, open up more federal drilling, and stop letting “the global market” cause us to have to pay over $4.00 per gallon in some areas. I mean, if we had increased refining capacity, we wouldn’t be nearly as dependent on oil imports, and could produce more of our own oil, and not be subject to whether or not opec wants to cut production.

IF my staunch President Biden supporters are right about their claims about Biden and energy production, WHY ARE PRICES FOR ALL ENERGY CONTINUING TO SKYROCKET?

Why are we no longer producing more energy than we consume?
Wrong again. See post 283.

And read the link in the OP. It answers all your questions.

Why be “more energy independent” when you can be totally independent?

I never understood why we have to live in the global market when we have the ability to be self sustaining. Build a few more refineries, open up more federal drilling, and stop letting “the global market” cause us to have to pay over $4.00 per gallon in some areas. I mean, if we had increased refining capacity, we wouldn’t be nearly as dependent on oil imports, and could produce more of our own oil, and not be subject to whether or not opec wants to cut production.
And I am again amused how so-called free enterprise conservatives have no clue how energy markets work.

What do you want? The US government to go all commie on you and ban exports of oil?

Also, see post 283. We are totally energy independent. The most in 70 years.

Forum List

Back