The U.S. Is Pumping Oil Faster Than Ever

Drill, baby, drill!

The U.S. is pumping oil faster than ever. Republicans don’t care.

The GOP narrative has a major hole: U.S. oil production — already the highest in the world — is on track to set a new record this year, and will probably rise even more in 2024. But the ever-increasing flow of U.S. crude has failed to keep a lid on gasoline prices, showing once again that a global market drives the fuel prices that shape presidents’ political futures.

And that means events far beyond the nation’s borders will play a sizable role in voters’ verdict on “Bidenomics” — as global oil prices rise and fall in response to banking conditions in Europe, China’s slumping real estate market, Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine and the latest maneuvers by Saudi Arabia.

[snip]

U.S. oil production is forecast to average an all-time high of 12.8 million barrels a day this year and keep growing to 13.1 million in 2024, the federal Energy Information Administration said in its latest forecast.

This reality has not stopped dishonest Republicans from lying:

In one campaign ad, former Vice President Mike Pence pretends to fill his pickup truck and blames Biden’s energy policy for “causing real hardship” for Americans, while ex-South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has vowed to bring oil production back to the United States.

And Sen. Tim Scott (R.-S.C.) railed last month on the Biden administration, which he asserted “has shut down energy production in America.”

“Why won’t this President tap into our abundant energy resources here at home and bring down prices at the pump?” he asked.

In fact, though, oil production from federal lands and waters has risen on Biden’s watch, reaching past 3 million barrels per day last year. The high mark during President Donald Trump’s term was 2.75 million barrels a day.
We have to drill more and more to keep Xi happy. And to Brandon, that’s job one.

We are producing more oil than ever before and somehow that makes Republicans sad?

Newsflash...we don't control the price of oil world wide

Doesn't make me sad. I'm enjoying watching you fellate Big Oil because your cult is ordering you to.

But, just a word of advice, stop whining about "manmade" global warming while you're sucking off Big Oil. It makes you look stupid.

lol

So if companies can charge whatever they want, then why don't they do that now? Why don't all the other companies do that too?
I didn't contend that companies can charge whatever they want, but rather they could charge whatever the market will bear.

Yes, Marxism is stupid. Also stupid is to over-emphasis the government's role in capitalistic matters.

As far as oil goes, a few years back OPEC decided to quit chasing profits through increased oil production. They've sought a better way by limiting production. So now we have our oil companies making money hand over fist, buying back stock and increasing their market value. That is the way of capitalism, where profit isn't a dirty word.

I didn't contend that companies can charge whatever they want, but rather they could charge whatever the market will bear.

Yes, Marxism is stupid. Also stupid is to over-emphasis the government's role in capitalistic matters.

As far as oil goes, a few years back OPEC decided to quit chasing profits through increased oil production. They've sought a better way by limiting production. So now we have our oil companies making money hand over fist, buying back stock and increasing their market value. That is the way of capitalism, where profit isn't a dirty word.

So there are oil companies around the world. If they overcharge then others will come in and undercut them and lower the price. That's why OPEC controls supply. But that keeps getting harder for them as more oil is found around the world.

The US restricting oil production directly increases prices. The US is keeping prices higher as we continue to USE oil freely while restricting supply. You need an ECON 101 class. Literally, this is what ECON 101 is about

So you agree that good ol'Joe Biden didn't sell it all like the poster I was responding to stated?

1983 is my guess.
Yeah, about that level of oil in our Strategic Oil Reserve.

2023-08-29%20Strategic%20Oil%20Reserve-XL.jpg

Lol 😂😂😂 we have never been energy independent. That was just another Trump lie. We use 20 million bpd and produce 12 million bpd .

We import 7-9 million barrels per day.

Yeah and we export like 9 million bbl per day.

The fact is, the US CAN be energy independent if they would allow more drilling on federal lands.

We are producing more oil than ever before and somehow that makes Republicans sad?

Newsflash...we don't control the price of oil world wide
The question is, why does it make you happy? I thought dems hated oil drilling?

He sold some off to add oil to the market and lower prices.

Are you stupid?

You need that explained to you?
So what other countries dramatically reduced their oil reserves to lower prices? Since oil prices are controlled globally, surely the U.S. isn’t the only country who drained their SOR

Trump had nothing to do with oil production. Production doubled during the Obama administration... Not because of Obama, but because the PPB was very high and that drives investment in increased capacity.

Trump's Executive Order 13783 directed federal agencies to ease regulations slowing down the oil and gas leasing process and his Executive Order 13795 instructed DOI to limit offshore energy regulation. When the Biden administration entered office in January 2021, it prioritized limiting offshore and onshore drilling.

Biden has not even matched Trump's production....

1693353626271.png

[Source Link]

So you Leftards lied by saying a President has no impact upon oil prices and we’re drilling a record amount.
I don’t get your right tars logic.

Biden has released oil from the Strategic Reserve and sold oil leases

I have no idea what lies you refer to

So what other countries dramatically reduced their oil reserves to lower prices? Since oil prices are controlled globally, surely the U.S. isn’t the only country who drained their SOR
I’m not aware of any either having or releasing reserves.

What is your point?

I’m not aware of any either having or releasing reserves.

What is your point?
Let me clear it up for ya, Simp.

Tater drained or EMERGENCY OIL RESERVES because his gas prices were out of control going into the midterms.

Can you link us up to “CYA” being listed in the very few reasons to release oil from the reserves?

Forum List

Back