The Ugly Downside of "Democracy"

who is this someone and where do they get that power??
Supposedly the VP has this power according to Trump. Supposedly state legislatures have this power according to Trump. Supposedly courts have this power according to Trump. Supposedly state secretaries have this power according to Trump.

All routes Trump took to affect the outcome of the election after everyone had voted.

Supposedly the VP has this power according to Trump. Supposedly state legislatures have this power according to Trump. Supposedly courts have this power according to Trump. Supposedly state secretaries have this power according to Trump.

All routes Trump took to affect the outcome of the election after everyone had voted.
sorry I wont entertain your TDS rants,,

You chose to ignore reality. Hard to have a democratic form of government when someone like yourself ignores the attempts to tear it down.
you mean like biden ruling by EO's??

neither changes what we are,, so since youre deflecting to trump I can only assume you know I'm right and just dont want to admit it to yourself,,

you mean like biden ruling by EO's??

neither changes what we are,, so since youre deflecting to trump I can only assume you know I'm right and just dont want to admit it to yourself,,
Biden was elected. EOs are part of having a constitutional republic.

We haven’t ever voted on EOs.

not when they violate the constitution,,

I see you now know we are a constitutional republic,,
There’s a thorough remedy for violations of the constitution which has nothing to do with the votes of the citizens.

You whining has nothing to do with the topic about democratic backsliding.

There’s a thorough remedy for violations of the constitution which has nothing to do with the votes of the citizens.

You whining has nothing to do with the topic about democratic backsliding.
I wasnt talking about democratic backslide,, that was you spinning the topic because you lost the discussion,,

America is a Representative Republic, not a democracy.
Yep, and it depends on moral and thoughtful politicians and citizenry to work. It isn't working. Decrepit career politicians and ignorant voters. Bad mix. We had a good run. History will probably come up with a new name of whatever the fuck is going on in the US right now. Pre-neocommunist corporatocracy or some shit.

Another example of Leftist vacuity is their belief that people vote exclusively in self interest. This is because Leftists DO vote entirely based on self-interest. Who will give me food, housing subsidies and "stuff"? Who will forgive my student loans? Who will give me free medical care (paid for by others).

But not everyone is like that. I vote against a candidate who says that he will only raise taxes on people making more than $400k per year, not because it helps me, but because it is fundamentally unfair - and by the way it's a blatant and obvious lie.

To those who say "Republicans can't win elections anymore," please continue to believe that.

Seriously.

Ignore the polls. They mean nothing.

Another example of Leftist vacuity is their belief that people vote exclusively in self interest. This is because Leftists DO vote entirely based on self-interest. Who will give me food, housing subsidies and "stuff"? Who will forgive my student loans? Who will give me free medical care (paid for by others).

But not everyone is like that. I vote against a candidate who says that he will only raise taxes on people making more than $400k per year, not because it helps me, but because it is fundamentally unfair - and by the way it's a blatant and obvious lie.

To those who say "Republicans can't win elections anymore," please continue to believe that.

Seriously.

Ignore the polls. They mean nothing.
Everybody gets something
Republicans run up more debt than anyone

still a constitutional republic and not a democracy,,

I know its complicated for the simple minded,, but do try and understand the difference,,
It's not complicated. Our governing body is a democratic constitutional republic, which is a form of democracy. It's not an either/or.

We, the USA have the goal of spreading democracy, all over the world.....not the goal of spreading a constitutional republic all over the world.... There are several different types of governing bodies that all fall under being a democracy.... As example, Canada is a parliamentary governing body, as their form of being a democracy...

We are not a direct Monarchy, nor Authoritarian, Totalitarian, Communist, we don't have a Dictatorship, etc....

we pick our leaders and representatives through our vote, one man/person, one vote....as with all forms of democracy.

Last edited:
The "misfits" are voting Republican having been brainwashed by FOX News, Breitbart and others. They voted for Donald Trump in droves. They felt a kinship to this poor man who the press hates. The misfits voted for Trump because they recognized he's a loser just like them.

You're Canadian. We don't care what you think

Speak for yourself.

shockedcanadian :crybaby:

He seems like a decent human being with reasonable thoughts. Sadly, his nation has gone off the rails. I wrote them off entirely when they became egotistical nasty nags over Trump. I no longer care what happens to their nation. People say, oh those Canadians are really suffering they can't travel if not vaccinated etc. Me: Shrug. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Or in their case. Put up with stupid policies, get stupid outcomes

Forum List

Back