The Unprecedented Law Giving Gun Makers And Dealers Immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
n-COPSHOOTSFINGER-large300.jpg

Cop Who Shot Off Finger With Loaded Weapon Sues Gun Store (VIDEO)

A former Kentucky police officer is suing a gun store after he was handed a loaded weapon and shot off his own finger.

Darrell Smith was with the Glasgow Police Department before the accident left him unable to return to work. During the incident, which occurred in March of last year at Barren Outdoors, Smith was handed a .380 caliber gun by a store clerk, according to WBKO.

Video surveillance captured the incident, which shows the officer fiddling with the weapon, then cocking it. Seconds later, Smith shoots a finger off his left hand.

More: Cop Who Shot Off Finger With Loaded Weapon Sues Gun Store VIDEO

Can this idiot former cop legally sue the store after he cocked and pulled the trigger on this pistol before checking to make sure it was unloaded (which it wasn't)? I was taught to always assume a gun is loaded.
Another good reason to buy guns online.

n-COPSHOOTSFINGER-large300.jpg

Cop Who Shot Off Finger With Loaded Weapon Sues Gun Store (VIDEO)

A former Kentucky police officer is suing a gun store after he was handed a loaded weapon and shot off his own finger.

Darrell Smith was with the Glasgow Police Department before the accident left him unable to return to work. During the incident, which occurred in March of last year at Barren Outdoors, Smith was handed a .380 caliber gun by a store clerk, according to WBKO.

Video surveillance captured the incident, which shows the officer fiddling with the weapon, then cocking it. Seconds later, Smith shoots a finger off his left hand.

More: Cop Who Shot Off Finger With Loaded Weapon Sues Gun Store VIDEO

Can this idiot former cop legally sue the store after he cocked and pulled the trigger on this pistol before checking to make sure it was unloaded (which it wasn't)? I was taught to always assume a gun is loaded.

Does Bush's "Gun Protection Act" law shield the store from liability - or not? Read the OP.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't gun makers be held liable like other manufacturers?

No manufacturer is held liable for someone else's actions. Knife makers aren't held liable for murders committed with their knives. Baseball bat makers aren't held liable for crimes committed with their bats. Hog farmers aren't held liable for football concussions. Automobile manufacturers aren't held liable for drunken driving deaths.

No manufacturer is held liable for someone else's actions. Knife makers aren't held liable for murders committed with their knives. Baseball bat makers aren't held liable for crimes committed with their bats. Hog farmers aren't held liable for football concussions. Automobile manufacturers aren't held liable for drunken driving deaths.

Can you just address my question?

I just did.

I just did.

Duh, no you didn't. Refer to my post #740.

I just did.

Then I suggest you learn how to read the English language effectively before you bother with anything else.

I just did.

Yes he did.
He quoted your # 2 post and answered it.

I just did.

Then I suggest you learn how to read the English language effectively before you bother with anything else.

Sorry I confused you. My question is obviously over your head. Thanks for playing...

I just did.

Yes he did.
He quoted your # 2 post and answered it.

He didn't answer my post #740.

Gun makers and dealers don't deserve immunity.

Typical leftist. "I don't like this person, so he/she doesn't deserve to be protected by the law the way others are."

Yep, by their logic if I kill someone by smacking them over the head with a Krupp Toaster, Krupp would be open for litigation.

Which is why I always type it "logic", since the only resemblance it bears to real logic is the word.

Dealers and gun makers should have full immunity.

Gun makers have every right to manufacture legal weapons. The only reason dealers should ever be held liable is if they break the law and knowingly sell to criminals or insane people. No one can know what people are going to do with any product they legally purchase. Steaks knives are readily available and are used in more murders than guns. How do I know that the lady who bought my kid's old baseball bat at my garage sale isn't going to murder her husband with it? Should I be charged if she does?

Speaking of giving guns to criminals, when are we going to charge the Obama administration for selling guns to drug cartels and giving weapons of all kinds to radical Muslim jihadists?

Gun makers and dealers should not have immunity.
Why not? Building a product that does exactly what it is designed to do is not negligent. While my handgun will kill you, it won't do a damned thing unless someone picks it up and pulls the trigger.
There WOULD be grounds to hold a gun manufacturer liable if the gun DOESN'T go bang when I pull the trigger.
The dealer can't be responsible for a gun going "BANG" either. The person who purchased it from him expected it would.
You may have an argument IF a gun dealer sold a gun without performing the mandated back ground check and it was proven that he sold a weapon to someone prohibited from owning one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back