The Unprecedented Law Giving Gun Makers And Dealers Immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem here is that nothing is so simple as the assumption all things are either or. You are either responsible or not responsible. Are we creations of our self. Does possibility ever enter the picture. I am for the moment a mildly psychopathic teenager, I have access to various weapons, I go out into the street and I kill lots because of the weapon. I am for the moment a mildly psychopathic teenager, I have no access to weapons I go out into street and I scream obscenities at the moon and other more animate objects who smile and wave. So then responsibility lies solely with the person regardless of the situation, or the background of the person, or the possibilities of violence? Why don't we arm small children and tell them be careful and if we did do we have any culpability in what happens? But little children don't know how to handle these weapons. Hm..but then we assume everyone else does. And thus everyone else can be armed because now we assume responsibility regardless of anything at all. Society grants to the person a responsibility they would not personally grant to the same known person. Thus the gun death rate in America.

Banning AR-15 s Doesn t Make Sense To Me US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum ---- and ---- Fuck You Guns US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Is the N.R.A. Un-American? - NYTimes.com

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]1F0rZeiC9bc[/MEDIA] Word N.R.A.-vana The Colbert Report May 1, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Sounds like a good reason to ensure that no one graduates high school without going through an NRA approved gun safety course.

I support gun dealers. We need more of them and more people need to own firearms

An armed society is a peaceful society

-Geaux

I support gun dealers. We need more of them and more people need to own firearms

-Geaux

Is that why Chicago is such a peaceful city. All those people with guns make for a much more polite society eh?

Are you sure about your comment? Some armed societies go to war with each other. How's that happen?

-Geaux

Is that why Chicago is such a peaceful city. All those people with guns make for a much more polite society eh?

Are you sure about your comment? Some armed societies go to war with each other. How's that happen?

The lawful gun owners in Chicago are peaceful.

It is completely retarded to blame the gun, but then libtards are retarded.

I'm curious as to how this lawsuit can get around Bush's 2005 law protecting gun manufacturers and dealers. The following quote is from the OP:
In 2005, former President George W. Bush signed into law the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act - the "No. 1 legislative priority of the National Rifle Association" - which immunized gun makers and dealers from civil lawsuits for the crimes committed with the products they sell, a significant barrier to a comprehensive gun violence prevention strategy.

-Geaux

Chicago isn't an armed society. It's an unarmed society, at the mercy of vicious thugs living outside of society.

There are only two instances where I believe a dealer or manufactuer should be held liable. 1) If their product malfuctions. If you buy a hand gun that explodes in your hand when fired, that's tortable.

The second would be if the dealer or manufacturer sold the gun to people that aren't legally allowed to have them, or through gross negligence, allowed them to be sold in such a fashion.

But if you sell a gun that operates the way it is supposed to operate to a person who is legally allowed to own it......there's no valid basis of tort. As any harm caused isn't caused by the manufacturer or dealer. But by the individual who bought it.

Gun makers and dealers don't deserve immunity.

Your definition of immunity is incorrect and applied foolishly

Immunity- special protection from what is required for most people by law

You fail to make a point other than you will be the type who wind up under the boots of people like me

Dig?

-Geaux

Will the left move to sue alcohol manufacturers? After all alcohol abuse results in thousands of deaths, injuries, kids get killed and maimed, spousal abuse, compared to guns its not even a contest so where is the left's outrage?

-Geaux

Lets arm everyone up, tally up the metric from the dead, then I'll respond. Bet you wont like the answer

-Geaux

n-COPSHOOTSFINGER-large300.jpg

Cop Who Shot Off Finger With Loaded Weapon Sues Gun Store (VIDEO)

A former Kentucky police officer is suing a gun store after he was handed a loaded weapon and shot off his own finger.

Darrell Smith was with the Glasgow Police Department before the accident left him unable to return to work. During the incident, which occurred in March of last year at Barren Outdoors, Smith was handed a .380 caliber gun by a store clerk, according to WBKO.

Video surveillance captured the incident, which shows the officer fiddling with the weapon, then cocking it. Seconds later, Smith shoots a finger off his left hand.

More: Cop Who Shot Off Finger With Loaded Weapon Sues Gun Store VIDEO

Can this idiot former cop legally sue the store after he cocked and pulled the trigger on this pistol before checking to make sure it was unloaded (which it wasn't)? I was taught to always assume a gun is loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back