The Unprecedented Law Giving Gun Makers And Dealers Immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other manufacturers get held liable when thier products malfunction, which gun owners would be held as well. If someone made a gun that had a propensity of blowing up in your hand after 20 shots, the manufacturer can be sued.

What you want is to hold a manufactuer liable for when their product functions as desgined, which is quite silly.

Exactly. And no manufacturer can control how people will use their product. Lots of people have been killed by fireplace pokers. Haven't seen anyone going after them. And what about the rope manufacturers? How many people have been strangled with rope or hung themselves, yet anyone can walk into a hardware store and buy it. Hell, you can also buy knives everywhere and no one even IDs you. And that is the number one murder weapon.

Of course, the government and criminals fear people with guns because they are a force to be reckoned with in the event of an attack.
Lets go after the X-acto Knife manufacturers now.

After all, it never ends with these friggin' lunatics like Lakhota.....They're fuckin' NUTS!:cuckoo:

X-acto knife manufacturers don't make tools specifically designed to kill. Guns are designed for only one purpose - to kill.

Exactly. And no manufacturer can control how people will use their product. Lots of people have been killed by fireplace pokers. Haven't seen anyone going after them. And what about the rope manufacturers? How many people have been strangled with rope or hung themselves, yet anyone can walk into a hardware store and buy it. Hell, you can also buy knives everywhere and no one even IDs you. And that is the number one murder weapon.

Of course, the government and criminals fear people with guns because they are a force to be reckoned with in the event of an attack.

After all, it never ends with these friggin' lunatics like Lakhota.....They're fuckin' NUTS!:cuckoo:

X-acto knife manufacturers don't make tools specifically designed to kill. Guns are designed for only one purpose - to kill.

You are really that uninformed aren't you? Box cutters aren't designed to kill either, but they were used on 9-11-01 to do just that.

You are really that uninformed aren't you? Box cutters aren't designed to kill either, but they were used on 9-11-01 to do just that.

Duh, that was my point. They could have also scissors...or razor blades...or hammers...

Guns have only one purpose - to kill.

Lakhota,
If guns are only made to kill then tell me why they save over two million lives every year in the hands of ordinary citizens protecting themselves from criminals and the majority of the time there is not one shot fired?

None of my guns have ever killed a human being - most of my guns have never killed anything. They were designed to propell a projectile out of the barrel to what the user aims at. Most of my guns shoot paper or metal targets. My hunting rifles help to feed my family because we can't afford to buy steaks at the grocery store. Guns save 1000s more lives each year than they take. guns are designed as a tool - a small minority choose to use them to kill but not me. Don't punish me for anothers crime and don't try to take my rights - any of them away from me because I will always have the right to defend myself and I am capable of doing so.

Nooooo, guns are designed to fire a projectile.....It's people who decide what to fire that projectile at......Therefore, as usual, you're full o' shit.

Nooooo, guns are designed to fire a projectile.....It's people who decide what to fire that projectile at......Therefore, as usual, you're full o' shit.

Come on, Chef, as least pretend you have a brain. Most sane folks know what guns are designed to do.

Sooooo, X-Acto knives are designut to cut, and it's people who decide what to cut with them....And, as we saw yesterday, a people decided to cut other people, and two of them just may die.....In fact, one lost so much blood from having his/her jugular ripped open, if they end up surviving, he/she may be seriously brain damaged for life, due to massive blood loss.

So, what is the difference between an X-acto knife and gun?.....Seeing as though both were designed for a specific purpose, yet can't kill without a human controlling either.

Come on, Chef, as least pretend you have a brain. Most sane folks know what guns are designed to do.

This is a prime example of what happens with discussing an issue with a person who has no idea what they are talking about.

They are designed to fire a projectile......My Chefs knives are designed to cut......Neither can kill without human control, period.....If that nutjob yesterday had used a 10 inch, Chef sharp Chefs knife, there no doubt would have been dead people........Does the knife manufacturer then deserve to be sued?

Here's the entire cruxt of the situation......It is PEOPLE who kill, not guns, not knives, not any weapons......People are the problem, not guns, and that is where the focus should be.

Enough with the bullshit already.

The "focus" should be on guns - which is where it currently is.

Here ya' go, Lakhota, a prime example of both gun and knife.....You don't have to watch the entire thing, the incident starts 29 seconds in, and is over with in about 15-20 seconds....It fully makes the case for gun rights, as well as shows that BOTH entities can be used to kill......And no, it's not gruesomely graphic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6gcFPjdwiI

Last edited:
IF guns aren't designed to kill - what was the point of the 2nd Amendment?

The 2nd Amendment does not address knives and baseball bats.

To ensure that citizens could put up a fight in the case of a rogue government turning its arms on its citizens.

But that is not the point.....The point is, it takes human control for those guns to kill, PERIOD!.....Humans are the problem, NOT GUNS!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6gcFPjdwiI]Store Owner Shoots Knife Attacker (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Duh, that was my point. They could have also scissors...or razor blades...or hammers...

Guns have only one purpose - to kill.

Guns have multiple purposes, you are just so stupid you can't think of more than one.

Tampa Bay Young Republicans want to recruit maker of high-capacity gun magazines to Hillsborough

Times Staff
Monday, April 8, 2013

Last month, Magpul Industries, based on Boulder, Colo., announced on its Facebook page that it would move its manufacturing operations out of Colorado because of Gov. John Hickenlooper’s support for a bill to ban magazines that can hold more than 15 rounds as of July 1. The company makes a half-dozen 20- or 30-round magazines.

Tampa Bay Young Republicans want to recruit maker of high-capacity gun magazines to Hillsborough | Tampa Bay Times

I can't decide if the problem is that you're ignorant of the Constitution, or ignorant of the English language. Probably both.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Arm - a : a means (as a weapon) of offense or defense; especially : firearm

Clearly, the Second Amendment DOES address knives and baseball bats, as well as other weapons. The fact that firearms are a widely-preferred weapon, given their range and effectiveness, in no way makes them the only "arm" there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back