The US could Save $5.6B a year if it Switched from Coal to Solar – study

According to you it's waste heat. But that's your rabbit hole. Incrementally there is no change in waste heat from replacing fossil fuels with solar. Electricity usage and what waste heat there is stays the same regardless of the generating source. But solar radiation absorbed by the surface of the planet is different depending upon the generating source.

The decreased albedo led to photons being converted into electricity not more heat being radiated by PV cells. That's why they measured cooler temperatures above six solar farms.

The decreased albedo led to photons being converted into electricity not more heat being radiated by PV cells. That's why they measured cooler temperatures above six solar farms.

I know, just like moving heat from the inside of my fridge to the coils in back makes the inside of my fridge cooler.

The decreased albedo led to photons heating the Earth instead of escaping to space.

I know, just like moving heat from the inside of my fridge to the coils in back makes the inside of my fridge cooler.
Incorrect. Again... incrementally there is no change in waste heat from replacing fossil fuels with solar. Electricity usage and what waste heat there is stays the same regardless of the generating source. But solar radiation absorbed by the surface of the planet is different depending upon the generating source.

The decreased albedo led to photons heating the Earth instead of escaping to space.
There is less heat radiated from solar panels because photons which would have otherwise struck the surface of the planet and caused the planet to warm were converted into electricity and that is why they measured cooler temperatures above six solar farms.

Incorrect. Again... incrementally there is no change in waste heat from replacing fossil fuels with solar. Electricity usage and what waste heat there is stays the same regardless of the generating source. But solar radiation absorbed by the surface of the planet is different depending upon the generating source.

Moving heat from the inside of my fridge doesn't cool the planet?

Moving heat from the inside of my fridge doesn't cool the planet?
Nope. Again... incrementally there is no change in waste heat from replacing fossil fuels with solar. Electricity usage and what waste heat there is stays the same regardless of the generating source. But solar radiation absorbed by the surface of the planet is different depending upon the generating source.

There is less heat radiated from solar panels because photons which would have otherwise struck the surface of the planet and caused the planet to warm were converted into electricity and that is why they measured cooler temperatures above six solar farms.

There is less heat radiated from solar panels

And more heat radiated from the use of the electricity.

and that is why they measured cooler temperatures above six solar farms.

Fridge!

And more heat radiated from the use of the electricity.
Again... incrementally there is no change in waste heat from replacing fossil fuels with solar. Electricity usage and what waste heat there is stays the same regardless of the generating source. But solar radiation absorbed by the surface of the planet is different depending upon the generating source.

Forum List

Back