The US could Save $5.6B a year if it Switched from Coal to Solar – study

That electricity generated from them produces waste heat and doesn't convert photons into electricity thereby not reducing the effective solar radiation striking the surface of the planet.

Do they absorb more solar radiation, like solar panels?

If you think coal and oil are less reliable, technically, you should post your jack shit here.

I know more about this topic than you do, amateur. You don't even know what a maceral is.

LOL.

Do tell us all about it!

How well do you know oil? Do you now what this is and why it might relate to oil?

iu

You mean PV cells which convert photons into electricity and create an incremental cooling effect as measured by satellites over six solar farms? Those solar panels?

You mean the panels that move heat from the farm to the city?
Like my fridge moves heat from the inside to the outside?
Does my fridge "incrementally cool the planet"?

Regarding "waste heat":
On the generating side -- we have lots of energy (fuel / heat) expended (wasted) extracting fossil fuels from deep in the Earth. More wasted transporting them to power plants. More wasted due to burning them in less than 100% efficient conversion processes. More heat (and pollution) tends to go out the chimney or exhaust pipe than be converted into useful output -- electricity, mechanical work, clean heat, etc. Windmills and solar panels? Pffft!

On the load side -- just considering electric power usage (many alternatives exist, btw) when plugged into the grid. Looking back into the power supply line? ding's right again, it all looks the same.

You mean the panels that move heat from the farm to the city?
Like my fridge moves heat from the inside to the outside?
Does my fridge "incrementally cool the planet"?
Now you are making a different argument. Why don't you address the argument of the cooling effect measured by satellites?

I know more about this topic than you do, amateur. You don't even know what a maceral is.

LOL.

Do tell us all about it!

How well do you know oil? Do you now what this is and why it might relate to oil?

iu

You are truly awesome!

How well do you know oil?

I know it's reliable.

I await your proof that it is not.

Now you are making a different argument. Why don't you address the argument of the cooling effect measured by satellites?

Now you are making a different argument.

My argument is that you have to look at the point of generation and the point of use.

Why don't you address the argument of the cooling effect measured by satellites?

Why don't you address the cooling effect in my fridge?

Regarding "waste heat":
On the generating side -- we have lots of energy (fuel / heat) expended (wasted) extracting fossil fuels from deep in the Earth. More wasted transporting them to power plants. More wasted due to burning them in less than 100% efficient conversion processes. More heat (and pollution) tends to go out the chimney or exhaust pipe than be converted into useful output -- electricity, mechanical work, clean heat, etc. Windmills and solar panels? Pffft!

On the load side -- just considering electric power usage (many alternatives exist, btw) when plugged into the grid. Looking back into the power supply line? ding's right again, it all looks the same.

ding's right again, it all looks the same.

The same? Not cooler?

Does the decreased albedo look the same?

Now you are making a different argument.

My argument is that you have to look at the point of generation and the point of use.

Why don't you address the argument of the cooling effect measured by satellites?

Why don't you address the cooling effect in my fridge?
Stop being dishonest and address the cooling effect measured by satellites.

ding's right again, it all looks the same.

The same? Not cooler?

Does the decreased albedo look the same?
I didn't stutter. The wall socket looks exactly the same to the plug on your frig cord. The refrigerator is indifferent to any albedo effects on the generation side.

The satellites didn't measure the heat transported away by air currents or powerlines.

So what? Does that surprise you?
Your answer surprises me. The authors of the study concluded it was due to photons being converted into electricity.

So why don't you try again and this time address the cooling effect measured by satellites without being silly. If it wasn't due to photons being converted into electricity then why did satellites measure an incremental cooling effect at SIX solar farms?

Sorry I'm late for dinner, maybe this has already been pointed out ... but I doubt it ...

The $5.6 billion in savings allows the US Federal Government to operate for an entire 12 hours and 15 minutes ... for this, 10,000 coal miners lose their jobs and whole regions of our country are condemned to abject poverty ...

Bubba didn't finish Middle School ...

Forum List

Back