The Value of Free Speech

What part of the Constitution encourages hate speech and actions? It seems like the principles are up for debate. The preamble highlights some basic concepts

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Where does any of that say you get to discriminate against anyone because you dont personally agree with their sex life?

What the FUCK is wrong with you?

The Constitution does not exist to encourage anything, it exist to you from the FUCKING government. If you actually succeed in making hate speech illegal, or telling people they have to attend weddings even when they don't want to, what will prevent someone else from coming along and telling you you can't talk about being black because it is hate speech against whites? Or telling you that you have to go see a special screening of Stormfront, the Movie? Do you even have enough brains to cause a virus to get warm if we converted all of them to energy and sett off an explosion inside of it?

Nothing is wrong with me. We just disagree. I know thats an alien concept to you but try not to show how frustrated you are. The Constitution does encourage us to think about the concepts contained within it. Thats why its written down.

I never said to make hate speech illegal. I said it was destructive. Me talking about me being black has nothing to do with a white person so why would that be considered hate speech?

I don't advocate telling anyone they have to attend a wedding. However if they have a business used by the public they should and will give everyone the same standard of service regardless of the personal beliefs. If their personal beliefs are more important then they should not be licensed to serve the public as it consists of people that may cause a conflict.

I can see you are emotional about this so I wont address everything else in your post. Please take a chill pill.

If we just disagreed I wouldn't be asking what the FUCK is WRONG with you, I would be having a rational conversation based on reality. You are delusional, which makes my question regarding your medical problems legitimate. Until I can understand the root cause of your delusions there is no way I can figure out how to address your posts.

So, WHAT the FUCK is WRONG with you? Is it schizophrenia, and you have no access to the proper drugs? Is it traumatic brain injury, and should I just accept that you will forever more believe that people should be forced into slavery? Are you one of those asshole racists that believe that blacks should get the upper hand because you are too stupid to understand the basic tenet that everyone on the planet has a long string of ancestors that were slave owners?

WHAT the FUCK is WRONG with you?

I was addressing an earlier example use regarding the civil suit against the bakery. As illiterate as someones view is they do have the right to express it verbally. I would support an amendment that said you must provide a solution instead of just criticizing so everyone could see how warped your thinking may or may not be.
So you don't support free speech after all.

You know, just like we've been saying.

No such thing as free speech as I have said before. Everything has a cost. I don't support chaos. If you have no solution shut up and let brighter minds address the issues.

I am addressing the issue, and I value the input of everyone who has two functioning brain cells. I know that excludes you, but you have a major brain anomaly of some type, and I really do want to know what the fuck is wrong with you.

No such thing as free speech as I have said before. Everything has a cost. I don't support chaos. If you have no solution shut up and let brighter minds address the issues.
No, I don't believe I will. You see, I have the freedom to say what I like, even if it offends sissy bedwetters who think the purpose of government is to take care of everyone like they're in kindergarten.

You don't like it?

Tough shit.
So you do support ineffective government and chaos in society? I'm glad you are being truthful. I got it now. RW's would rather the ship sink completely if it means plugging the holes created by their actions.

Chaos in society? Westboro Baptist Church and the Black Panthers both exist in the real world, and I haven't seen society collapse as a result. Did I sleep through the apocalypse again?

It’s more a chilling reminder of your ignorance of First Amendment jurisprudence and the shameful propensity by you and others on the right to engage in demagoguery.

Our freedom of speech is in no way ‘in danger,’ and to compare the United States with China concerning free expression rights is ignorant idiocy.

And this is a post reminding us all of how the left is willing to put up with almost anything as long as the name has a "D" after it.

Yeah, well the right was fine with Bush's "Free Speech Zones". Seems they are willing to put up with anything as long as there is a "R" after it.

He stole that from the left, but don't let facts get in your way.

What? This PC thing does not influence you in any way? Is that what you are saying?

I wonder if anyone here who is complaining about PC in America has a personal anecdote describing when their free speech was infringed upon by PC.

Lets stop talking about some shit that "happens all the time" and start getting some actual examples to work with.

I can tell you....as a liberal....that I have never tried to stop anyone from saying any word or phrase. I have told people who say stupid shit....that they said stupid shit.....but I have never tried to take advantage of them in any way.

Come on.........lets have those personal storiies of how people have personally been intimidated by the PC police.
Start your own thread.

Awwww. You don't want to answer? What a shocker.
I DID answer, you moron. I said I don't have to watch what I say because I don't work with any sissy bedwetter liberals.

Holy crap, you're dumb. :lol:

No, I don't believe I will. You see, I have the freedom to say what I like, even if it offends sissy bedwetters who think the purpose of government is to take care of everyone like they're in kindergarten.

You don't like it?

Tough shit.
So you do support ineffective government and chaos in society? I'm glad you are being truthful. I got it now. RW's would rather the ship sink completely if it means plugging the holes created by their actions.
The world will not end if you get offended, Skippy.

Yes, I know you loath freedom. You could always move to one of the progressive paradises where you won't have to put up with it.

Bye.

Start your own thread.

Awwww. You don't want to answer? What a shocker.

Pretty much par for the course for people that only want to yell their opinion. Anything towards resolution and understanding infringes on their rights to yell.

You've made it quite clear the only resolution you'll accept is your own. You're not interested in debate or negotiation. You will settle for nothing less that complete government control over speech, thoughts, and ideas.

You can't have it.

And this is a post reminding us all of how the left is willing to put up with almost anything as long as the name has a "D" after it.

Yeah, well the right was fine with Bush's "Free Speech Zones". Seems they are willing to put up with anything as long as there is a "R" after it.

Free speech zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Borillar only objects when Republicans do it.

Really? Who else had "Free Speech Zones"? And if the right is using the same tactics as the left, how are they any different much less superior?

The First Amendment says the entire country is a free speech zone. Anyone who claims otherwise, regardless of party or president, is a fool at best and a tyrant at worst.

Really? Who else had "Free Speech Zones"? And if the right is using the same tactics as the left, how are they any different much less superior?

Who else? The 1988 Democratic National Convention in Atlanta. Going to blame that on Bush?

Like your own post immediately before that one? :rofl:

Postululation inoperative, since it was Liberalism that wrote the First Amendment.

Wrong Amendment anyway, once again this thread, as I read the OP and worthy though it is, is about the Fourth Amendment, not the First.

Umm. The founders of our nation were of classical liberalism. They believed in freedom and LIBERTY..
Today's liberal resembles not one trait of classical liberalism.
You are partially correct. The 4th Amendment issue comes into play under 'unreasonable searches and seizures'...The impetus is the speech that the Chinese government objects. Here in the US that would be a First Amendment ( free speech) issue..

As do liberals today.

We see that in their advocacy of privacy rights for women, equal protection rights for same-sex couples, due process rights for immigrants, individual liberty rights for homosexuals, and the right to vote for minority citizens – all of which realize opposition by many conservatives.

You can keep insisting all you like.
You can throw anecdotal evidence which you may think supports your ideology. Doesn't matter.
The issue here is the incontrovertible FACT that today's liberals would do just about anything to quash any speech which is not in lockstep with their agenda and ideology.
So please. Spare me the rhetoric.
Privacy rights for women? As in what? Abortion? Are you really going to trot out Roe v Wade? Stop it. The Roe decision is contrary to the 10th Amendment's states rights clause. It also proclaims a right to privacy which is clearly a misinterpretation of the 4th Amendment.
Due process for immigrants? When do immigrants NOT have a right to due process?
If you are referring to ILLEGAL border incursions, even these people are given their day in court. When their turn comes up.
As for the est of your post, spare me the emotional rants.
What you people advocate is for only certain groups of people to have "special' rights.
For example, hate crimes. What a waste of paper. Hate crimes legislation violates the 14th Amendment's 'equal protection' clause. It also violates the 6th amendment's 'due process' clause. Hate crimes laws essentially create a protected class of people. That's wrong. And creates a double standard based on the assumption that members of majority races CANNOT be victims of hate crimes because they are viewed as "the oppressors". So when the victim is Caucasian and the perpetrator a racial or ethnic minority, the double standard kicks in and the excuse is "the bad actor was enraged" at the time of the crime.
An issue that drives you libs batshit is the idea that rights and laws must apply to everyone equally.

Where does any of that say you get to curtail anyone's rights because you don't personally agree with their opinions?

Where it says insure domestic Tranquility and promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity. You cant keep your extended rights by transgressing on someone elses human rights. Human rights always take precedence.

How does me calling you an idiot ass transgress your human rights?

It doesnt. Where did you see me type that. It does make you look like and idiot though.

There is no right to not be offended.

You seem to believe there is. You are wrong.

Who said anything about being offended? I said discriminated against. There is a difference.

I have every fucking right in the world to discriminate because I am not the fucking government. Only a moronic ass wipe that can't count to 1 would have a problem understanding that.

Thats correct. You do. However I have the right to sue your ass in court and shut down your business like what happened to the dumbasses that lost their bakery.

Indeed there is. But when discussing the First Amendment, we're talking about speech.

PC speech codes are about not offending anyone -- scratch that; they're about not offending Democrat special interest groups.

Offending Christians, Jews, and conservatives is A-OK, and can be thought of as justice.

Right?

I was addressing an earlier example use regarding the civil suit against the bakery. As illiterate as someones view is they do have the right to express it verbally. I would support an amendment that said you must provide a solution instead of just criticizing so everyone could see how warped your thinking may or may not be.

You are wrong, period.

No I am right period. I know what I would support or not. Youre the ones that wrong. You dont know what i would support.

Speech is not destructive.

I don't know if I made it clear enough for the idiots on the board, fuck off.

Hate speech is destructive to any society attempting reconcile different groups. Dont get frustrated. Use your words.

I see fuck off wasn't clear enough for you, I guess that makes you dumber than an idiot.

No it wasn't clear. How does one actually fuck off? Have you ever thought about how dumb you sound?

This is the kind of shit that goes on when a citizen refuses to comply with the commands of government officials.
Hopefully the School board that fucking cop and the Baltimore County Police dept find themselves on the business end of a gigantic lawsuit.
Of course libs will view this and note that the policy proposed by the school system is steeped in liberalism's view of outcome based education and claim the man was simply a troublemaker. Again, libs support government's "you will comply or else" stance.
That cop had NO RIGHT shoving that man. In fact the cop's bosses know God damned well that cop was way out of line. He had no right shoving pushing or tugging at the clothing of that man. He should have politely asked the man to leave then if not, walked him out. The cop decided to take an aggressive posture. That happened because the cop's ego was bruised. Hopefully he will be suspended without pay pending an investigation into police brutality charges.
Video...?Is This America??: Parent ?Manhandled?, Arrested While Speaking Out Against Common Core at Public Forum | Video | TheBlaze.com

What the FUCK is wrong with you?

The Constitution does not exist to encourage anything, it exist to you from the FUCKING government. If you actually succeed in making hate speech illegal, or telling people they have to attend weddings even when they don't want to, what will prevent someone else from coming along and telling you you can't talk about being black because it is hate speech against whites? Or telling you that you have to go see a special screening of Stormfront, the Movie? Do you even have enough brains to cause a virus to get warm if we converted all of them to energy and sett off an explosion inside of it?

Nothing is wrong with me. We just disagree. I know thats an alien concept to you but try not to show how frustrated you are. The Constitution does encourage us to think about the concepts contained within it. Thats why its written down.

I never said to make hate speech illegal. I said it was destructive. Me talking about me being black has nothing to do with a white person so why would that be considered hate speech?

I don't advocate telling anyone they have to attend a wedding. However if they have a business used by the public they should and will give everyone the same standard of service regardless of the personal beliefs. If their personal beliefs are more important then they should not be licensed to serve the public as it consists of people that may cause a conflict.

I can see you are emotional about this so I wont address everything else in your post. Please take a chill pill.

If we just disagreed I wouldn't be asking what the FUCK is WRONG with you, I would be having a rational conversation based on reality. You are delusional, which makes my question regarding your medical problems legitimate. Until I can understand the root cause of your delusions there is no way I can figure out how to address your posts.

So, WHAT the FUCK is WRONG with you? Is it schizophrenia, and you have no access to the proper drugs? Is it traumatic brain injury, and should I just accept that you will forever more believe that people should be forced into slavery? Are you one of those asshole racists that believe that blacks should get the upper hand because you are too stupid to understand the basic tenet that everyone on the planet has a long string of ancestors that were slave owners?

WHAT the FUCK is WRONG with you?

Careful. Your temper is showing. Elvates your blood pressure when you get frustrated. It'll be ok. Just think about what you are saying and you wont sound so dumb.

So you don't support free speech after all.

You know, just like we've been saying.

I am addressing the issue, and I value the input of everyone who has two functioning brain cells. I know that excludes you, but you have a major brain anomaly of some type, and I really do want to know what the fuck is wrong with you.

I said brighter minds. You dont appear to be that bright. Nothing is wrong with me. Whats wrong with you?

Forum List

Back