The Walking Dead Season 6

For funzies...what would y'all do if this zombie thing happened? Would you stay in the middle of nowhere in a town/neighborhood surrounded by metal that MIGHT keep walkers out but WON'T keep live people out?

Me...I would do what I have been saying. Get a solid group like Grimes has....head to the coast...find some big boats....stock boats with all kinds of fishing gear...get some seeds and soil and planters...and stay at sea until an island is found. Clean it out of walkers, plant, fish, and do what pacific islanders did for centuries. Survive on food from the sea and what can be grown.

What would be YOUR plan?

I'd go to a coastal region with a few of my mates and find a medium sized boat. Then we would find your island, kill you all and take your big boats, plants, food, and fishing gear.

:ack-1:

>>>>

For funzies...what would y'all do if this zombie thing happened? Would you stay in the middle of nowhere in a town/neighborhood surrounded by metal that MIGHT keep walkers out but WON'T keep live people out?

Me...I would do what I have been saying. Get a solid group like Grimes has....head to the coast...find some big boats....stock boats with all kinds of fishing gear...get some seeds and soil and planters...and stay at sea until an island is found. Clean it out of walkers, plant, fish, and do what pacific islanders did for centuries. Survive on food from the sea and what can be grown.

What would be YOUR plan?

Find a boat, and learn how to fish. :D

I won't say serves them right, but at least they understand better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there even any left at this point? :lol:

Did anyone from the group die this week? Do tell. :D You don't have to give the story away. I just want to know if anyone from the group got eaten. Lol. Maybe the preacher?

Nah. I wish. :lol:

They basically introduced a metric crapton of new extras in Alexandria, just so they could get killed off.

I could've sworn that Alexandria only had like 10 people living in it before today's episode. lol

Darn. :lol: I was hoping it would be preacher's turn.

He was actually slightly less obnoxious than usual tonight.

Maybe they're trying to make him into a hero now. lol

The episode was about some people coming to terms with the reality of the post-zombie-apocalypse world while others suffer the consequences of surviving in that world. The preacher, Morgan, and the citizens of Alexandria learn that the world is now a terrible place where the morals of the civilized world cannot apply. Carol feels the pain of having abandoned those morals in the name of survival, of losing some humanity to live and keep others alive.

Morgan wouldn't kill the wolves, but then at the end he realizes he cannot keep that kind of 'all life is precious' mentality and he does kill the one that attacked him in the home. Carl kills the wolf that was attacking Ron, was that the first time he killed a living human? I'd have thought during the prison attack he'd have killed at least a couple, but this was a more intimate kind of killing, so he was hit by what he had done. Carol is the ultimate pragmatist at this point, but that violent, murderous pragmatism hurt this time. The end scene of Morgan and Carol passing each other was showing the crossing of their mental paths, Morgan headed toward a more violent, pragmatist mindset while Carol may be regretting how divorced from emotion she's made herself and she may head back toward a somewhat softer self.

That's my take on it anyway. :)

What would be YOUR plan?

If it were just me......I'd probably just look for the least painful way to kill myself. I'm not built for that kind of life. :p

Are there even any left at this point? [emoji38]

Did anyone from the group die this week? Do tell. :D You don't have to give the story away. I just want to know if anyone from the group got eaten. Lol. Maybe the preacher?

Nah. I wish. [emoji38]

They basically introduced a metric crapton of new extras in Alexandria, just so they could get killed off.

I could've sworn that Alexandria only had like 10 people living in it before today's episode. lol

Darn. [emoji38] I was hoping it would be preacher's turn.

The episode was about some people coming to terms with the reality of the post-zombie-apocalypse world while others suffer the consequences of surviving in that world. The preacher, Morgan, and the citizens of Alexandria learn that the world is now a terrible place where the morals of the civilized world cannot apply. Carol feels the pain of having abandoned those morals in the name of survival, of losing some humanity to live and keep others alive.

Morgan wouldn't kill the wolves, but then at the end he realizes he cannot keep that kind of 'all life is precious' mentality and he does kill the one that attacked him in the home. Carl kills the wolf that was attacking Ron, was that the first time he killed a living human? I'd have thought during the prison attack he'd have killed at least a couple, but this was a more intimate kind of killing, so he was hit by what he had done. Carol is the ultimate pragmatist at this point, but that violent, murderous pragmatism hurt this time. The end scene of Morgan and Carol passing each other was showing the crossing of their mental paths, Morgan headed toward a more violent, pragmatist mindset while Carol may be regretting how divorced from emotion she's made herself and she may head back toward a somewhat softer self.

Carl has killed a couple of times before, IIRC. Hell! He gave his mother a C-section and shot her corpse in the head afterwards.

I frankly found his hesitancy to kill that one Wolf kind of absurd for that exact reason. Killing should be "old hat" for him by this point in the game.

What would be YOUR plan?

If it were just me......I'd probably just look for the least painful way to kill myself. I'm not built for that kind of life. :p
Then you would come back as a walker. Remember the one hanging from the tree? He offed himself too...and returned dangling.
Even chopping off your head wouldn't stop you from returning. Gotta scramble the brain stem. So..use a shotgun. That should make sure you stay dead!

What would be YOUR plan?

Then you would come back as a walker. Remember the one hanging from the tree? He offed himself too...and returned dangling.
Even chopping off your head wouldn't stop you from returning. Gotta scramble the brain stem. So..use a shotgun. That should make sure you stay dead!

I thought decapitation worked. Didn't Michonne decapitate a number of walkers?

I don't think I would care all that much about returning as a walker. Maybe....on the off chance there's still some 'you' left I'd worry about it.

I don't think I would care all that much about returning as a walker. Maybe....on the off chance there's still some 'you' left I'd worry about it.

Decapitation removes the threat in battle since with no head the body falls and is done for. However the head itself is still animated (can move it's mouth and eyes) because the brain stem is intact.

>>>>

Gotta damage the brain, Mont. Remember Herschel? His head was still chomping but it was attached to nothing.

Michonne removed the bottom jaws of her walker bodyguards, and their arms. No scratching or grabbing, no lower jaw to bite.

Gotta damage the brain, Mont. Remember Herschel? His head was still chomping but it was attached to nothing.

Michonne removed the bottom jaws of her walker bodyguards, and their arms. No scratching or grabbing, no lower jaw to bite.

No, I don't remember Herschel's head. That's from a while ago. :p I guess it would depend on how high up and at what angle the decapitation occurred. :)

Enid, the JSS girl...is a wolf. Betcha betcha betcha. Which is why she left. And how the wolves knew so much about that place. Insider info and Enid is the info.

Anyway, I wish pussy DeAnna woulda been snuffed off. I dislike her. A lot. Fucking politician that knows squat.

Carol, as usual, got things done. I am a bit disappointed in Morgan though. He let them go instead of killing them.

Meanwhile, betcha there are walkers in the back of that tracker trailer that is still sitting there. They got the horn off, but the herd is on its way..and some are already there...in the back of the truck.
They knew about Alexandria from the pictures Aaron dropped. She is not a wolf, since they didn't attack or know about Alexandria until they found the pictures.

DeAnn was right what could she have done. Her son had no excuse though. I was upset with Morgan also, but he is still so bad ass it is hard not to love the character.

Carol is awesome nuff said!

Nah. I wish. [emoji38]

Darn. [emoji38] I was hoping it would be preacher's turn.

Carl has killed a couple of times before, IIRC. Hell! He gave his mother a C-section and shot her corpse in the head afterwards.

I frankly found his hesitancy to kill that one Wolf kind of absurd for that exact reason. Killing should be "old hat" for him by this point in the game.
I agree

Carol is getting Grimed. Both losing themselves in the constant life of zombieland.

How about a compound surrounded by razor wire with guard towers? They have plenty of guns. You can always make your own bullets.

Making your own bullets is easier said then done when comparing modern weapons to those used in the colonial period. You need reloading equipment, you need to molds, you need material for the bullet itself, you need casings, you need primers, and of course you need modern smokeless powder. Now they could scavenge such things in the short term if there is any left in sporting goods stores that sold such things.

But to actually manufacture new bullets requires an industrial and chemical based that has collapsed.

At the present level of society in the series, bullets are a finite resource that will only become more scarce.

>>>>

How about a compound surrounded by razor wire with guard towers? They have plenty of guns. You can always make your own bullets.

Making your own bullets is easier said then done when comparing modern weapons to those used in the colonial period. You need reloading equipment, you need to molds, you need material for the bullet itself, you need casings, you need primers, and of course you need modern smokeless powder. Now they could scavenge such things in the short term if there is any left in sporting goods stores that sold such things.

But to actually manufacture new bullets requires an industrial and chemical based that has collapsed.

At the present level of society in the series, bullets are a finite resource that will only become more scarce.

>>>>

Hmm. Really? People make their own bullets all the time.

Bullet shortage? No problem: Make your own | Marketplace.org

>>>>

From the article : "To do that, James says you need a press, dies and manuals to figure out how much powder to use."
"“As long as you can get the bullet, the powder, and the primer, and you have the casings, you’re good to go,” Schneck says."

That was basically what they had before with the prison. They took security there for granted too, which was why the Guv could trash the place so easily.

Last edited:

>>>>

I didn't say people don't reload there own shells, they do. But the ability to do that today is supported by a industrialized society and the ability to go down to get the materials that you need.

I used to reload my own ammo all the time when I was a shot-gunner.

Might be able to get or make the molds for the bullets themselves. But to make the shell casings that will function in a modern semi-automatic or military grade automatic weapon isn't going to happen with a blacksmith working over a coal fired forge.

Then you have the consumables that have to be available to make your own bullets. That includes the lead, the gunpowder, and the primers. You might get the molds for the head itself, but you need casings and consumables to complete the operation.

Then as a pointed out, if you have to revert to the production of colonial era black powder, that produces a lot more residue and contaminants then do modern chemically manufactured "smokeless" powder. I don't see a finely crafted modern semi- or fully automatic weapon being usable for long if you start putting black powder bullets through it.

From the article : "To do that, James says you need a press, dies and manuals to figure out how much powder to use."
"“As long as you can get the bullet, the powder, and the primer, and you have the casings, you’re good to go,” Schneck says."

And those measurements are crafted based on the type of powder you have and exhaustive testing by the manufacturer for different case sizes and bullet weight.

Because of high qualify chemical process today they can produce the tables the sportsman needs to load their own.

Unless the came across a gun store with a stock of powder, primers, cases, molds, lead, and presses. The idea that someone in a low- to no- tech society is just going to be able to reload shells is a stretch for any long period.

>>>>

Last edited:

Forum List

Back