The Walking Dead

I watch The Walking Dead almost exclusively for the scenes with Michonne. She's a strong, independent womyn who won't let the white supremacist characters (all of the white characters) who hate African-Americans keep hyr down.

:eusa_shifty:

I think its cool how she can swipe three walker's head's off with just one stroke of her samuri sword.

:lol: No, it's aim is to entertain, to get ratings and to make money for the network. Yes, it's a stupid series, that doesn't mean it's not entertaining. Heck I get enough of real life in real life, I love these series that are as far from real life as possible.

That's pretty much how I look at it too.

Its hardly a "great" show. Its basically the same thing, over and over with just enough story line to keep you coming back.

Further, its very much like the movies that are built around a special effect. I'm a sucker for most special effects but that doesn't mean I think the movies are good or great.

Also, TV sucks so its not hard to be a top show.

Now I'm curious what you consider a great show.....

He's been this way ever since Fred Rogers died.

th

That's pretty much how I look at it too.

Its hardly a "great" show. Its basically the same thing, over and over with just enough story line to keep you coming back.

Further, its very much like the movies that are built around a special effect. I'm a sucker for most special effects but that doesn't mean I think the movies are good or great.

Also, TV sucks so its not hard to be a top show.

Now I'm curious what you consider a great show.....

He's been this way ever since Fred Rogers died.

th

The little one I nanny actually likes to watch Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, which is based on Mr. Roger's. :lol:

I watch The Walking Dead almost exclusively for the scenes with Michonne. She's a strong, independent womyn who won't let the white supremacist characters (all of the white characters) who hate African-Americans keep hyr down.

I think its cool how she can swipe three walker's head's off with just one stroke of her samuri sword.

The ease with which everyone on the show is able to shove various objects into and through the skulls of the walkers continues to be one of my biggest pet-peeves. Does becoming a walker somehow immediately turn the bones of the skull into paper mache? :dunno:

:lol:

Honestly tho I can't wait for the new season, the tv shows that are on now just don't hold a candle to it.

Yep with GoT over there is a void. I used to like Falling Skies, but it jumped the shark

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You noticed that too? I'm disgusted with the writers.

Yea falling skies was a good show when they kept it to humans fighting aliens. I did like the introduction of the vohm. However, this season started out bad and progressively got worse. First the ghetto scenes were stupid. The aliens have been trying to kill the 2nd mass for a while and now they have them. I didn't like the sequence of events or anything. Moon Blood's character turning into a drill Sargent didn't impress and was rather cheesy. The Nazi style education camps that Matt is in is beyond stupid. Why brain wash them when you can put a harness onto their backs and l completely completely control them, while giving them special powers? The fear of kids getting harnessed gave great suspense to the show. Finally, you come to the worse part of the show - Lexi the alien baby. Lourdes is annoying with her going from traitor under mind control to cult 2nd in command. The whole religious safe haven is just plain stupid. I don't think this show can rebound. It has jumped the shark!

I used to like Falling Skies, but it jumped the shark

I suspect the writers agree. Note the motorcycle scenes, and the contrived fence fry heroism of the guy who previously only thought for himself.

Clearly they are setting up for some new evil group to show up giving the humans a choice of how they want to become extinct.

So basically we have a universe with (3?) opposing powers who's fight just reached earth and we get to decide whether we join a side or die. Think we are previously innocent Okinawan in the middle of a fight between russian, chineese, japaneese, and american forces.

Yep with GoT over there is a void. I used to like Falling Skies, but it jumped the shark

Yea falling skies was a good show when they kept it to humans fighting aliens. I did like the introduction of the vohm. However, this season started out bad and progressively got worse. First the ghetto scenes were stupid. The aliens have been trying to kill the 2nd mass for a while and now they have them. I didn't like the sequence of events or anything. Moon Blood's character turning into a drill Sargent didn't impress and was rather cheesy. The Nazi style education camps that Matt is in is beyond stupid. Why brain wash them when you can put a harness onto their backs and l completely completely control them, while giving them special powers? The fear of kids getting harnessed gave great suspense to the show. Finally, you come to the worse part of the show - Lexi the alien baby. Lourdes is annoying with her going from traitor under mind control to cult 2nd in command. The whole religious safe haven is just plain stupid. I don't think this show can rebound. It has jumped the shark!

I agree. They really can't come back from this.

Bro I watched the first episode of Falling Skies for this season and fell asleep smh

The ease with which everyone on the show is able to shove various objects into and through the skulls of the walkers continues to be one of my biggest pet-peeves. Does becoming a walker somehow immediately turn the bones of the skull into paper mache? :dunno:

Well hmm. As you decay yes you would get softer. But jeez. We are over five years past the event now. The walkers should have rotted away years ago. I think you should re-evaluate that peeve.

The only way to destroy a walker is the brain stem. After so many years, wouldn't it rot? And the bones begin to disintegrate? One would think so. So if they are animated by that brain stem...how long does it last?
Then again, with so many falling victim to them, there is always a fresh supply. Until there is nothing left to infect with that fresh supply.

If they are going to continue this show, they need to change it up some where the walkers are no longer the threat. Its other people who are the threat. Live ones.

Well hmm. As you decay yes you would get softer. But jeez. We are over five years past the event now. The walkers should have rotted away years ago. I think you should re-evaluate that peeve.

Maybe, if no walkers were killed immediately after turning, that would be a good point. I could buy the idea that walkers that have been dead for a while have softer bones, making them easier to get through. No one seems to have any issues sticking whatever metal object is handy through the skull of walkers of any age, though.

The only way to destroy a walker is the brain stem. After so many years, wouldn't it rot? And the bones begin to disintegrate? One would think so. So if they are animated by that brain stem...how long does it last?
Then again, with so many falling victim to them, there is always a fresh supply. Until there is nothing left to infect with that fresh supply.

If they are going to continue this show, they need to change it up some where the walkers are no longer the threat. Its other people who are the threat. Live ones.

Other people have been threats at various times in the show....

Maybe, if no walkers were killed immediately after turning, that would be a good point. I could buy the idea that walkers that have been dead for a while have softer bones, making them easier to get through. No one seems to have any issues sticking whatever metal object is handy through the skull of walkers of any age, though.

Maybe? Anyone who died two years ago would have long since turned to mush much less someone who died five years ago. The show has become a farce.

Not quite a farce to me yet. It may eventually get there but for now, I am more interested in the dynamics of the living people dealing with each other. The zombies are boring to me. Then again, Zombies are boring anyway.

Maybe? Anyone who died two years ago would have long since turned to mush much less someone who died five years ago. The show has become a farce.

I'm sorry, I thought you were commenting on my peeve about the bones.

It's a show about the zombie apocalypse! That the walkers don't decay as a normal corpse would is fine. They are the animated dead, I'm not expecting completely normal behavior. :lol:

Not quite a farce to me yet. It may eventually get there but for now, I am more interested in the dynamics of the living people dealing with each other. The zombies are boring to me. Then again, Zombies are boring anyway.

I'm the EXACT opposite. Zombies is what made this show unique. Now it's just 40 minutes of daytime drama minutia with a few minutes of zombie survival. Show is becoming bleh. Add to that the stupid short/split season nonsense and it's hard to hold any interest in it.

It is heading that way, especially after the Governor and Terminus episodes.

Forum List

Back