The Walking Dead

Hershel: "Oh I didn't realize that was your Sofia, I thought you meant some other little girl recently turned Zombie. My bad"

Took them long enough to realize they could scavenge the abandoned cars for supplies and gas, Duh!!

They need to hit a sporting good store for more arrows for Daryl -- silencers too Can they use a soda bottle for a cheap-o silencer?

Every member of the group, everyone, should be trained and never ever, never ever be unarmed.

At first I thought "How do you pass up a 50 caliber machine gun?" There were several abandoned but then since you need a head shot maybe all that hardware is more trouble than its worth.

The HS overrun by zombies, just like it was before civilization collapsed

As far as insisting on where and when Sophia was found .... what does it matter? She was bitten and turned, then shot in the head. The whole 'could have, would have' really doesn't matter at this point.

You never know with the silver screen. There could be a DARK twist there. They were feeding the Walkers, because they saw them as alive. Maybe finding a weak little girl and they thought feed her to the family member Walkers. She got bite and managed to crawl into a small place in the barn where only her little body could fit.

Or she could have done what Glen nearly did and went to the barn thinking it was safe and then fallen in. She got bit and found that small place to hide.

Hmmmmmmmm .... interesting GHook.

Oh and am I the only one who thinks Carol is kinda hot. That haircut works well for her, in a Milf type way.

Yes.
Well, speaking for myself only .... yes.
:lol:

I think Carol looks better than Ricks wife.

Personally, I like a little bit more meat on my women. Both of them are too frigin' thin. ( a sign of the times I guess ) Andrea isn't bad to look at. She's got some beautiful eyes ... just like (similar to) mine.

Last edited:
The show is returning February 12, 2012.

When Hershel needed Rick to help round up the two zombies they trapped in the creek? That's when the 'Sophia is a zombie in the barn' light bulb went off. GREAT ending. The farm people actually made me feel for the zombies . . . although at the same time I can't help but think Shane was right in shooting them all.
I agree with the light-bulb going off and they did a great job humanizing the Zombies in that episode, esp when Sophia came creeping out of the barn. You almost didn't want them to shoot her.

My main gripe with these past 7 episodes is that all the story-telling that was done could have been done in a couple of hours but they dragged it out over 7 weeks. Did they do that for character development because I don't feel like I know these people any better than I did when the show started. Also, not nearly enough zombie surprises and suspense going on, at all. Very disappointing. The first few episodes I thought 'ok, Carl got hurt, blah, blah, blah but it will pick up'. Nope. Except for the final scene and a few other scenes . . they gave us crumbs.
Not enough Zombies no doubt, but I think that was a budget issue. However, I think the character development was sorely needed and you know a lot more about Daryl, Andrea, Shane, Rick, Herschel, GLEN and Dale.

I feel like I know more about Daryl, Glen and Carl and (Andrea a bit) than I did in the beginning. I still can't figure where Shane's anger is coming from. He and Lori always seemed pissed off. The show does need a Shane, however, because catching walkers and keeping them in a barn is insane. Shooting them was the right thing to do and if future episodes pit Shane against others in the group I may just find myself rooting for Shane . . who I don't particularly like. lol

I am not disappointed in the least, great season beginning and great mid-season ending.

Dale is by far the most annoying character. First his sticking his nose into everyone's business and then hiding the guns. Good move asshole. What happens if the a herd of Walkers decend on the farm?

Shane is survivalist and an asshole. His tactics weren't the best, but he was right on some! First, that Sophia was dead and the search was becoming a waste. Second, with the Zombies in the barn. They needed to kill them. Third, that Herschel can't make them do anything.

A show like this needs a character like him.

I actually like her character. Imagine how one might feel losing their daughter and then being all alone in zombie ruled world? Not pleasant thought. Daryl is actually nice to her (up until he called her a bitch). She was trying to deal with reality. I really felt for her, esp when Sophia came out of the barn!

Oh, don't get me wrong. I like Carol . . I was frustrated that she seemed to be giving up on Sophia. I was like 'wow, really? I don't think I'd ever give up until I found her'. I like Daryl and Carol together. They've each been wounded by someone they love and have insecurities and self-doubt . . . they might be good for each other in finding confidence and trust.

Carl and Daryl are my two fav characters. Oh and Glen. Rick needs to either lead or step aside. He wants to please everyone and in doing that nothing seems to get done. I don't know . . .
Daryl is my favorite, but Rick, Glen and Andrea aren't far behind. The only character at this point I don't like is Dale!

The preview for the coming episodes looks like maybe it might be Shane and some others against Rick and the farm people? I wasn't paying too much attention but that's what it was looking like. They need to leave the freaking farm. I didn't start watching this show to follow these people to some 'mostly safe from zombies' farm where they fight with the farm people and each other. Blarg.

From a story standpoint, they will encounter more Walkers other places. From a survival standpoint, as long as they can secure the parameter, the farm is a good place. They have a generator (with a highway full of cars and fuel not too far away), a working farm with fields), livestock and water wells. A forest for supplies and a town not too far to scavenge for supplies.

When Hershel needed Rick to help round up the two zombies they trapped in the creek? That's when the 'Sophia is a zombie in the barn' light bulb went off. GREAT ending. The farm people actually made me feel for the zombies . . . although at the same time I can't help but think Shane was right in shooting them all.

My main gripe with these past 7 episodes is that all the story-telling that was done could have been done in a couple of hours but they dragged it out over 7 weeks. Did they do that for character development because I don't feel like I know these people any better than I did when the show started. Also, not nearly enough zombie surprises and suspense going on, at all. Very disappointing. The first few episodes I thought 'ok, Carl got hurt, blah, blah, blah but it will pick up'. Nope. Except for the final scene and a few other scenes . . they gave us crumbs.

Dale annoys the shit out of me. He's a busy-body-old-man. He was going to hide the guns . . . . wtf?? Is he going daft? Shane, who was never my fav from the get go, is really, really annoying at this point. Why is he such a hot head? Am I suppose to believe that he's pining for Lori and because he can't have her that's why he goes all testosterone? It's not working for me ... he just comes across as a direction-less bully most of the time.

Carol . . . really? I mean . . .really? You went all wishy-washy tonight about finding your daughter? <sigh> Carl and Daryl are my two fav characters. Oh and Glen. Rick needs to either lead or step aside. He wants to please everyone and in doing that nothing seems to get done. I don't know . . .

The preview for the coming episodes looks like maybe it might be Shane and some others against Rick and the farm people? I wasn't paying too much attention but that's what it was looking like. They need to leave the freaking farm. I didn't start watching this show to follow these people to some 'mostly safe from zombies' farm where they fight with the farm people and each other. Blarg.

It was time for the show to end.
Let's be honest - the show was beginning to get annoying.
The last 3 episodes have been half soap opera antics - unwanted pregnancy, sex quickies, can't tell the husband he has a new baby - but everyone else knows. - C'mon!!
I hope next season they don't go down this same loooooooong drawn out story line.

I MISS GAME OF THRONES!!!!!!!!!!!

Dale annoys the shit out of me. He's a busy-body-old-man. He was going to hide the guns . . . . wtf?? Is he going daft? Shane, who was never my fav from the get go, is really, really annoying at this point. Why is he such a hot head? Am I suppose to believe that he's pining for Lori and because he can't have her that's why he goes all testosterone? It's not working for me ... he just comes across as a direction-less bully most of the time.

Carol . . . really? I mean . . .really? You went all wishy-washy tonight about finding your daughter? <sigh> Carl and Daryl are my two fav characters. Oh and Glen. Rick needs to either lead or step aside. He wants to please everyone and in doing that nothing seems to get done. I don't know . . .

The last 3 episodes have been half soap opera antics - unwanted pregnancy, sex quickies, can't tell the husband he has a new baby - but everyone else knows. - C'mon!!
I hope next season they don't go down this same loooooooong drawn out story line.

The show didn't end, nor did the season. They broke the second season up; the first 7 episodes just wrapped up, the final 6 episodes will air next year starting on 2/12/2012.

I'm hoping the first half of season two is setting the stage for more season one type stories . . . and walkers! And I want them to bring Morgan and his son back too.

The show didn't end, nor did the season. They broke the second season up; the first 7 episodes just wrapped up, the final 6 episodes will air next year starting on 2/12/2012.

I'm hoping the first half of season two is setting the stage for more season one type stories . . . and walkers! And I want them to bring Morgan and his son back too.

I didn't mean to imply the show ended - only that it was time for it to end for now. I agree with yo in that these 7 episodes could have easily been done better in about 4 episodes.
And yes walkers!...geez...none of this 8 second blips of a walker...real chases and near misses!
Absolutely on Morgan and his son...been thinking each episode they would appear.

There was only so many outcomes for Sohpia anyway. She'd be found alive, she'd be found a walker, she'd die naturally and they would or wouldn't find her body, she'd find another group of people and go with them. As each week came and went with no signs of her I thought more and more that she was a walker. I loved how they tied that storyline up. Sweet. Completely agree about Rick shooting her being a slap back into reality. Well done.

How utterly weird that Hershel was rounding up walkers. That I didn't see coming at all. Barn full of walkers . . . makes no sense to me. Even if they found a 'cure' for them (humor me) . . . most of them are missing half their faces and/or various body parts. Can you imagine if they did get 'cured' and returned to a normal, living person? How would that work with half your body gone?

As much as Shane is annoying me, again I can't help but like him for what he did. Maybe they want us to dislike him yet root for him at the same time? Every one was in a relatively 'safe haven' mode and Shane slapped them back into the reality of what the world is now. Maybe that's exactly what this group needs. . . someone who isn't afraid to do what needs to be done and hurt feelings, stepping on toes and compromises that make zero sense (not shooting walkers) be damned.

I had a conversation with my husband about this exact thing. How the hell would a walker EVER get back to normal if someone found a cure? Maybe a cure would be good if someone was freshly bitten and hadn't turned yet.
As we saw at the CDC, the virus causes brain death before it re-animates the brain. There is no cure at that point.

The virus also has to slow down the mechanism that causes rotting.

Forum List

Back