The Walking Dead

TruTV's become a big offender when it comes to mind-numbing "reality" shows. Fake repo show after fake repo show. First, Operation Repo, then Lizard Lick Towing, South Beach Tow and then Bear Swamp Recovery. God almighty, make it STOP!!

Tow to tow. :D

tow.jpg

***Spolier***

So the Walkers in the barn are family members. It always foreshadows an breakout when someone says "It's secure and they won't get out!" I wonder when they get out and Rick's group starts taking out Walkers, including Herschel's wife, what Herschel will do. He thinks they are just sick, will be just sit around and allow Rick and his group to take all the Walkers out. My guess no.

I like that they are developing Glen's character. I like his character.

Dale kind of sucks. Sticks his nose too much in other people's business and is WAY to self-righteous and opinionated! Also not smart to mess with a morally challenged Shane.

Shane might have some morals issues and is not the straight and narrow hero, but when Zombies take over the earth rules change. He showed selflessness in taking Lori and Carl under his wing when Rick was in a comma. Although he killed Otis, he showed selflessness when he risked his life to save Carl. I still like his character. I hope they don't make him become selfish asshole. I prefer the morally challenged hero.

No Sophia again! I wonder where that story is going. I still think Sophia is going to end up a Walker and eating her mother!

Last edited:
Loved the scenes with Daryl as he is my favorite character. I'm a little disappointed to see that Merle was just in his head but when Merle went down and started eating his boot I was like ... :eek: ... WTF ... smooth segway into a walker and I was like ... :eek: ... *&^% #@*&!

Seems to me that the old guy who runs the farm / house is getting a bit impatient with the decisions that others are making. He's losing a grip on his control and he isn't liking it.

Sophia ... Sophia ... Sophia ... I'm tired of guessing to what happend to her. Maybe she's hiding in the barn. I dunno. But c'mon ... let's move this story forward.

The young girl ... Glen's new fantasy squeeze ... she knew EXACTLY who the walker was in the well.

The walkers in the barn ... I'm thinking they are family and friends. Perhaps someone turned while they were having a barn party or something. And maybe the old guy who's losing control, locked the barn door and trapped everyone in there to save himself and whomever was on the outside. Unless of course someone lured a herd of walkers into the barn with some live bait or something, then locked the barn doors behind them.

I'm really hoping that the writers bring back some characters from the first season. Live and in-living-color. Not in flashbacks and not in the minds of the current characters.

OH! Now who called that one?

:lol:

So the walkers in the barn are family but the reason they don't want to shoot them is because 'they're still people' rather than 'if they find a cure . . . ' or 'they're the walking dead, put them out of their misery'? I wasn't expecting the 'they're still people' reason . . . doesn't make sense to me. I'd shoot them.

Rick didn't seem overly upset that Lori slept with Shane. I thought he might. And who didn't see Andrea and Shane doing the deed from the minute he started teaching her how to shoot? I loved it when she finally nailed a walker. She was like 'ahhhh, now I get it!'. And boy, did she. :eusa_whistle:

I like Carl. Dale gets on my freaking nerves. It's his nose in everyone elses business and something about his 'crazy eyes'. Weird.

I would have shot them as well. To put the poor bastards out of their misery.

"I love ya honey but" ... POP to the head.

The walker in the drug store was nasty! The way his head was hanging off like that. I loved it! :lol:

I think the writers are doing well in developing the characters, but that doesn't make me any less angry at the fact that next Sunday is the stupid mid-season finale. I know some of you might roll your eyes at me when you read this, but I thought last night's episode was a little too drama filled. There, I said it. I kinda knew Rick knew about Lori and Shane. And I think he appreciated her honesty. And Andrea ... wow. Talk about bold and assertive. I like that. A woman who knows what she wants and goes after it ... by grabbing it.

Sophia? Sophia who?

I'm enjoying pretty much all the characters ... even Dale. My least favorite though, is Lori.

Now ... about that barn ...

The walker in the drug store was nasty! The way his head was hanging off like that. I loved it! :lol:

I think the writers are doing well in developing the characters, but that doesn't make me any less angry at the fact that next Sunday is the stupid mid-season finale. I know some of you might roll your eyes at me when you read this, but I thought last night's episode was a little too drama filled. There, I said it. I kinda knew Rick knew about Lori and Shane. And I think he appreciated her honesty. And Andrea ... wow. Talk about bold and assertive. I like that. A woman who knows what she wants and goes after it ... by grabbing it.Sophia? Sophia who?

I'm enjoying pretty much all the characters ... even Dale. My least favorite though, is Lori.

My respect for Andreas character just went up, I respect an assertive woman who goes after what she wants. I had 2 occasions when a girl str8 up grabbed my junk like that, the second time was in a car like in the WD but I didn't hit it in the car, I drove back to my apartment.:razz: I almost married that girl too.:(

I think the writers are doing well in developing the characters, but that doesn't make me any less angry at the fact that next Sunday is the stupid mid-season finale. I know some of you might roll your eyes at me when you read this, but I thought last night's episode was a little too drama filled. There, I said it. I kinda knew Rick knew about Lori and Shane. And I think he appreciated her honesty. And Andrea ... wow. Talk about bold and assertive. I like that. A woman who knows what she wants and goes after it ... by grabbing it.

Sophia? Sophia who?

I don't think Lori was being completely truthful. I think she either started banging Shane before the Rick went into a comma or more likely she started banging him after he went into the comma and before the outbreak (that would shoot down the rationality that she started banging Shane because the world end).

Not too much drama for me.

Dale sucks. Worst character. They spend too much time on him.

I like Lori's character.

Sophia? Sophia who?

I don't think Lori was being completely truthful. I think she either started banging Shane before the Rick went into a comma or more likely she started banging him after he went into the comma and before the outbreak (that would shoot down the rationality that she started banging Shane because the world end).

Not too much drama for me.

Dale sucks. Worst character. They spend too much time on him.

I like Lori's character.

And that is what makes threads like this so enjoyable. Differing views and opinions free of personal attacks and insults.
Unlike the many out there --------->.

:)

Lauren Cohan is so fucking hot. She's been yummy since her stint on Supernatural.

It's interesting to see how the show diverges from the comic.

still loving it.

BTW, my prediction is the father and son that sent Rick on his way to Atlanta in season 1 will show up with Sophia at some point. Possible the group will stumble on them in the middle of a confrontation with Merle.

BTW, my prediction is the father and son that sent Rick on his way to Atlanta in season 1 will show up with Sophia at some point. Possible the group will stumble on them in the middle of a confrontation with Merle.

Well, I was wrong. But I'm glad the Sophia storyline has wrapped up.

The show is returning February 12, 2012.

When Hershel needed Rick to help round up the two zombies they trapped in the creek? That's when the 'Sophia is a zombie in the barn' light bulb went off. GREAT ending. The farm people actually made me feel for the zombies . . . although at the same time I can't help but think Shane was right in shooting them all.

My main gripe with these past 7 episodes is that all the story-telling that was done could have been done in a couple of hours but they dragged it out over 7 weeks. Did they do that for character development because I don't feel like I know these people any better than I did when the show started. Also, not nearly enough zombie surprises and suspense going on, at all. Very disappointing. The first few episodes I thought 'ok, Carl got hurt, blah, blah, blah but it will pick up'. Nope. Except for the final scene and a few other scenes . . they gave us crumbs.

Dale annoys the shit out of me. He's a busy-body-old-man. He was going to hide the guns . . . . wtf?? Is he going daft? Shane, who was never my fav from the get go, is really, really annoying at this point. Why is he such a hot head? Am I suppose to believe that he's pining for Lori and because he can't have her that's why he goes all testosterone? It's not working for me ... he just comes across as a direction-less bully most of the time.

Carol . . . really? I mean . . .really? You went all wishy-washy tonight about finding your daughter? <sigh> Carl and Daryl are my two fav characters. Oh and Glen. Rick needs to either lead or step aside. He wants to please everyone and in doing that nothing seems to get done. I don't know . . .

The preview for the coming episodes looks like maybe it might be Shane and some others against Rick and the farm people? I wasn't paying too much attention but that's what it was looking like. They need to leave the freaking farm. I didn't start watching this show to follow these people to some 'mostly safe from zombies' farm where they fight with the farm people and each other. Blarg.

Rick and Hershel: You really can't blame Rick for wanting to follow Hershel's "No killing Walkers" rule. He was doing whatever it takes to stay on the farm and stay safe. At the same time, i think he was stupid for it.

The Walkers in the barn: I rooted for Shane when he finally did what he did. It sure kicked Hershel into reality, which would explain his total speechlessness during the whole shoot-out. Rick wanting to stop it was ridiculous.

Sophia: When i heard the last moaning in the barn, i knew it was her. I had that feeling. It was so sad. Rick killing her brought him back to his senses as to the world's reality. I think being on the farm he kind of lost it. My guess is someone will insist where and when Hershel's people found her.

Hershel was a loon for keeping walkers in the barn, sure. However, doing that the way they did seems sure to be a problem. If they stay, it drives a wedge between Rick's group and Hershel's people. I don't think that Hershel was 'kicked into reality' by the shooting. I think he was just in shock about the deaths of people he knew and cared for (sure, they were already dead, but he didn't truly see them that way).

I'm glad the Sophia story has concluded, but it didn't bother me. It was only part of each episode, sometimes a pretty small part. If anything, the fact that some of you consider this to have dragged on to long is just indicative to me that they need more episodes per season. :) I also think it did allow for character development; you know more about Daryl than you did before, through the interaction between him and Carol and his drive to find Sophia.

I knew there was going to be a break in the middle of this season (I read about it before the season started), I'm just glad that they decided to make enough episodes this time that a break was feasible.

Hershel was a loon for keeping walkers in the barn, sure. However, doing that the way they did seems sure to be a problem. If they stay, it drives a wedge between Rick's group and Hershel's people. I don't think that Hershel was 'kicked into reality' by the shooting. I think he was just in shock about the deaths of people he knew and cared for (sure, they were already dead, but he didn't truly see them that way).

I'm glad the Sophia story has concluded, but it didn't bother me. It was only part of each episode, sometimes a pretty small part. If anything, the fact that some of you consider this to have dragged on to long is just indicative to me that they need more episodes per season. :) I also think it did allow for character development; you know more about Daryl than you did before, through the interaction between him and Carol and his drive to find Sophia.

I knew there was going to be a break in the middle of this season (I read about it before the season started), I'm just glad that they decided to make enough episodes this time that a break was feasible.

Yeah, I think Hershel was stunned and in shock when the group blasted the walkers, rather than being kicked into reality. I wonder are they going to make Hershel an old loony type of character now? Hmmm . . . .

I agree about knowing more about the type of person Daryl, Carl and Glen are. The rest? Not so much (to me, anyway). They seem rather flat to me. While I do like Rick a lot there are many times when I just want to shake him and say 'decide already!', so I was glad that he was the one who stepped up and put Sophia out of her misery.

Forum List

Back