The Walking Dead

Loved the scenes with Daryl as he is my favorite character. I'm a little disappointed to see that Merle was just in his head but when Merle went down and started eating his boot I was like ... :eek: ... WTF ... smooth segway into a walker and I was like ... :eek: ... *&^% #@*&!

Seems to me that the old guy who runs the farm / house is getting a bit impatient with the decisions that others are making. He's losing a grip on his control and he isn't liking it.

Sophia ... Sophia ... Sophia ... I'm tired of guessing to what happend to her. Maybe she's hiding in the barn. I dunno. But c'mon ... let's move this story forward.

The young girl ... Glen's new fantasy squeeze ... she knew EXACTLY who the walker was in the well.

The walkers in the barn ... I'm thinking they are family and friends. Perhaps someone turned while they were having a barn party or something. And maybe the old guy who's losing control, locked the barn door and trapped everyone in there to save himself and whomever was on the outside. Unless of course someone lured a herd of walkers into the barn with some live bait or something, then locked the barn doors behind them.

I'm really hoping that the writers bring back some characters from the first season. Live and in-living-color. Not in flashbacks and not in the minds of the current characters.

Loved the scenes with Daryl as he is my favorite character. I'm a little disappointed to see that Merle was just in his head but when Merle went down and started eating his boot I was like ... :eek: ... WTF ... smooth segway into a walker and I was like ... :eek: ... *&^% #@*&!

Seems to me that the old guy who runs the farm / house is getting a bit impatient with the decisions that others are making. He's losing a grip on his control and he isn't liking it.

Sophia ... Sophia ... Sophia ... I'm tired of guessing to what happend to her. Maybe she's hiding in the barn. I dunno. But c'mon ... let's move this story forward.

The young girl ... Glen's new fantasy squeeze ... she knew EXACTLY who the walker was in the well.

The walkers in the barn ... I'm thinking they are family and friends. Perhaps someone turned while they were having a barn party or something. And maybe the old guy who's losing control, locked the barn door and trapped everyone in there to save himself and whomever was on the outside. Unless of course someone lured a herd of walkers into the barn with some live bait or something, then locked the barn doors behind them.

I'm really hoping that the writers bring back some characters from the first season. Live and in-living-color. Not in flashbacks and not in the minds of the current characters.

Well Hershell knows that if Rick and his crew really wanted to, they could over run the farm house and easily take it over. Hershell and his family are not really armed and they don't have that many guys to fight off Rick and his crew, does Hershell even have any fire arms to defend himself? he is getting nervous because he will easily lose power in his own house if Rick and crew decide to just stay put, how is he going to force them to leave? Hershell is only getting to call any shots because of Ricks generosity and niceness.

I agree I was finally looking forward to crazy old Merle, do something well crazy.

I agree, but it's appearing he doesn't have much choice. He doesn't have much muscle and Rick group has a bunch of muscle.

I agree I hope this leads to a good storyline.

I am curious to see where they go with the Walkers in the barn. That door doesn't seem to secure and at least one Walker got out. The Walkers in the barn is a pot ready to blow over.

I just have the etching feeling that that farm had or does still have something weird going on with it, that we are just starting to sniff at....the place is completely indefensible and they have not helped themselves at all with a setup, what bars the doors? no shudder/barred windows........

ricks horse was walker food in Atlanta, yet they have at least 2? when they went on that pharmacy run, with horses, why was there not ONE walker in town?

things don't add up.

I just have the etching feeling that that farm had or does still have something weird going on with it, that we are just starting to sniff at....the place is completely indefensible and they have not helped themselves at all with a setup, what bars the doors? no shudder/barred windows........

ricks horse was walker food in Atlanta, yet they have at least 2? when they went on that pharmacy run, with horses, why was there not ONE walker in town?

things don't add up.

I have a feeling we will find out more in the upcoming episodes, I definently think that farm house is not as innocent as it appears to be.

I am curious to see where they go with the Walkers in the barn. That door doesn't seem to secure and at least one Walker got out. The Walkers in the barn is a pot ready to blow over.

I'm betting we haven't seen the last of that Walker-infested barn. Glenn should really tell someone. That is something you don't just keep to yourself.

I'm betting we haven't seen the last of that Walker-infested barn. Glenn should really tell someone. That is something you don't just keep to yourself.

Glenns pussy whipped at this point, he knows if he tells anyone about that barn he won't be getting any of that cow girls sweet ass anymore.

Glenns pussy whipped at this point, he knows if he tells anyone about that barn he won't be getting any of that cow girls sweet ass anymore.

Seems like Glenn knows all the secrets. Lori being pregnant. Shane and Lori.

Seems like Glenn knows all the secrets. Lori being pregnant. Shane and Lori.

As far as the Lori situation its probably best for him to keep quiet, he could end up in the middle of a huge shit storm if he tells anyone about that.

I have a theory on the why the Walkers are in the barn: The smell

Remember the episode "Guts" from Season 1? Rick and Glenn were able to walk through the Walker hoard in Atlanta because they smelled like them. So maybe Hershel figured that out & is keeping a large group of Walkers around so it would counter the smell of "live meat" nearby.

November 27 is the mid-season finale of TWD until next year (Feb). :mad: :mad: :mad:

They're having a season 2 marathon which will lead up to the November finale.

Catch up on Season 2 of the Emmy Award-winning series with a six episode marathon beginning Sun., Nov. 27 at 2:30PM ET/PT, featuring every episode to date from the series' critically acclaimed new season. Then on Sunday night, November 27, the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead -- "Pretty Much Dead Already" -- airs at 9/8c.

AMC Thanksgiving Lineup Features The Walking Dead Season 2 Catch-Up Marathon - The Walking Dead - AMC

November 27 is the mid-season finale of TWD until next year (Feb). :mad: :mad: :mad:

Catch up on Season 2 of the Emmy Award-winning series with a six episode marathon beginning Sun., Nov. 27 at 2:30PM ET/PT, featuring every episode to date from the series' critically acclaimed new season. Then on Sunday night, November 27, the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead -- "Pretty Much Dead Already" -- airs at 9/8c.

AMC Thanksgiving Lineup Features The Walking Dead Season 2 Catch-Up Marathon - The Walking Dead - AMC

I'm sorry, but is this something that AMC does with all their series? A mid-season finale only to start up again three months later? I guess this is the first time I've ever heard of a show doing this. I don't watch much television though, so perhaps it does happen often.

I'm sorry, but is this something that AMC does with all their series? A mid-season finale only to start up again three months later? I guess this is the first time I've ever heard of a show doing this. I don't watch much television though, so perhaps it does happen often.

I haven't noticed it with any of the AMC shows I watch (which isn't many), but other shows have done this. Fringe is one. Often they'll put popular new shows on 'hiatus' for three months then when the show finally comes back on TPTB are all 'oh, where'd the audience go' and the show gets canceled. Stupid idiots.

I find it totally annoying. Cripes the season is only 12 or 13 episodes . . . just air the damn show without the break!

I haven't noticed it with any of the AMC shows I watch (which isn't many), but other shows have done this. Fringe is one. Often they'll put popular new shows on 'hiatus' for three months then when the show finally comes back on TPTB are all 'oh, where'd the audience go' and the show gets canceled. Stupid idiots.

I find it totally annoying. Cripes the season is only 12 or 13 episodes . . . just air the damn show without the break!

I agree Zoom.

In the great words of Forrest Gump .... "Stupid is as stupid does"

Well, at least I still have football until TWD starts up again in February.
Sigh.

I agree they can be show killers. One of my favs Jericho, started out strong as nails, then the ratings dropped after the hiatus and they cancelled the show.

Same thing happened with V.

Funny thing about the main networks (ABC, CBS and NBC), if a show gets 5 mil views it's seen as a failure and gets dropped. If other networks like HBO, Showtime, F/X, AMC etc get 5 mil they are seen as a success and keep going.

Case in point. Pan Am is going to get cancelled, but it has 5.6 mil viewers.

TV Ratings Sunday: Of Course Football Wins As ‘Simpsons,’ ‘Allen Gregory, ‘American Dad’ Fall; ‘Desperate Housewives,’ ‘Pan Am’ Rise - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Califorinication is seen as a hit and now going into it's 5th season with under 1 mil viewers.
'Dexter,' 'Californication' Finales Draw Record Ratings - 2008-12-16 11:31:00 | Broadcasting & Cable

Sons of Anarchy averages 3.2 mil and it's viewed as a hit getting a 5th season :)eusa_angel:).

Even the Walking Dead Season 1 had between 5-6 mil viewers. On ABC, NBC and CBS, it might get cancelled.

Heck Jericho averaged 9.24 mil viewers and it was cancelled!
List of Jericho episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is why I won't watch any shows (other than sports and 60 minutes) on the major networks!

I loved Jericho and knew when they took it off for a 'break' it would be the death of the show.

Same for FlashForward. :mad:

Thing is . . . . those shows are the kind that require continuity and time to grow an audience. They don't seem to be willing to give time to anything anymore. If it's not an 'instant' hit it gets pulled. Both of those shows had viewers in the millions but because they put them on hiatus they lost those viewers. I also hate that they consistently take off the shows that are even remotely different but keep the mind-numbing 'reality' shows or just keep adding more 'CSI', 'Law and Order', etc. :rolleyes:

Did you ever watch the first season of Seinfeld? I wasn't that funny . . .it hadn't 'clicked' yet. What that show needed was time to find it's footing. They gave it time and look how the show took off.

Very very good post.

It happens sometimes, the new Beverly Hills 90210 takes a break from Thanksgiving up until late January-early February.

I loved Jericho and knew when they took it off for a 'break' it would be the death of the show.

Same for FlashForward. :mad:

Thing is . . . . those shows are the kind that require continuity and time to grow an audience. They don't seem to be willing to give time to anything anymore. If it's not an 'instant' hit it gets pulled. Both of those shows had viewers in the millions but because they put them on hiatus they lost those viewers. I also hate that they consistently take off the shows that are even remotely different but keep the mind-numbing 'reality' shows or just keep adding more 'CSI', 'Law and Order', etc. :rolleyes:

Did you ever watch the first season of Seinfeld? I wasn't that funny . . .it hadn't 'clicked' yet. What that show needed was time to find it's footing. They gave it time and look how the show took off.

The first season of Seinfeld was god awful! What about Cheers? I was too young to watch the original, but that show started out with the worst ratings on TV. 77 out of 77. Nowadays it might have gotten cancelled before the 2nd episode and would definitely not have a 2nd season. It went on for 11 seasons and seen as one of the most successful shows in TV history!

Toasting Cheers: an episode guide to ... - Dennis A. Bjorklund - Google Books

Thing is . . . . those shows are the kind that require continuity and time to grow an audience. They don't seem to be willing to give time to anything anymore. If it's not an 'instant' hit it gets pulled.

It costs money to air these shows and with the networks trying to keep themselves ahead in the ratings wars when dealing with picky viewers, if it doesn't look like it's going to help them win, they toss it.

I also hate that they consistently take off the shows that are even remotely different but keep the mind-numbing 'reality' shows or just keep adding more 'CSI', 'Law and Order', etc. :rolleyes:

Don't forget making updated versions of old shows. Charlie's Angels (which is being cancelled) is the most recent example.

TruTV's become a big offender when it comes to mind-numbing "reality" shows. Fake repo show after fake repo show. First, Operation Repo, then Lizard Lick Towing, South Beach Tow and then Bear Swamp Recovery. God almighty, make it STOP!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back