The Walking Dead

Like I said, it's interesting to see where the show and the comic diverge. Some of you should check out the comic if you get the chance. But, only if you want spoilers that are not associated with differences in the show..

I also think it did allow for character development; you know more about Daryl than you did before, through the interaction between him and Carol and his drive to find Sophia.

Yeah. It showed that Daryl can actually be a decent guy instead of a complete jerk.

While I do like Rick a lot there are many times when I just want to shake him and say 'decide already!', so I was glad that he was the one who stepped up and put Sophia out of her misery.

Him being the one to put her down was appropriate. Partially, her fate was his fault. He left her alone when he was luring away the Walkers.

It also may explain something i saw in the trailer for the season but because i (1) don't want to deal in spoilers and (2) i really don't know how to put it into words, i won't go into it.

It was time for the show to end.
Let's be honest - the show was beginning to get annoying.
The last 3 episodes have been half soap opera antics - unwanted pregnancy, sex quickies, can't tell the husband he has a new baby - but everyone else knows. - C'mon!!
I hope next season they don't go down this same loooooooong drawn out story line.

I MISS GAME OF THRONES!!!!!!!!!!!

The show didn't end, nor did the season. They broke the second season up; the first 7 episodes just wrapped up, the final 6 episodes will air next year starting on 2/12/2012.

I'm hoping the first half of season two is setting the stage for more season one type stories . . . and walkers! And I want them to bring Morgan and his son back too.

I didn't mean to imply the show ended - only that it was time for it to end for now. I agree with yo in that these 7 episodes could have easily been done better in about 4 episodes.
And yes walkers!...geez...none of this 8 second blips of a walker...real chases and near misses!
Absolutely on Morgan and his son...been thinking each episode they would appear.

More Walkers would be welcome, but I think the season still was pretty good. The school scene was awesome. The being scene was a nail biter. And the mid-season finale was pretty awesome and heart-breaking! I am still thinking about seeing Sophia come out of the barn and I'm still saddened by it!

Like I said, it's interesting to see where the show and the comic diverge. Some of you should check out the comic if you get the chance. But, only if you want spoilers that are not associated with differences in the show..

I likely won't read the comic because I don't want to get any spoilers beforehand. :) Maybe once the show ends.....

They didn't kill too many people in the 1st half. Just Otis and poor Sophia. So who is going to become a human happy mean.

The character I want them to kill: Dale

The character I think they will likely kill:
Carol (the are trying to make Daryl a caring character and Carol's death will bring him back to Earth, they need to kill off one from the group),
Maggie (just have a feeling they want to create hardship for Glen),
Herschel's son and Otis's widow (Seems like an obvious choices),

Characters possible, but not likely to get killed:
Glenn (You don't do all the character development to kill him off too soon)
Shane (I doubt they kill the human protangonist and great character)
Dale (Seems like they will keep the weakest character around)
TDog (I don't think they kill off the sole brother)
Herschel (Very interesting, I don't think he goes this soon)

Characters that are Safe:
Rick (Main character in story)
Carl (No way they kill two kids in one season)
Lori (TV shows don't kill pregnant women)
Daryl (They won't kill off the best character in the show)
Andrea (I read that Daryl and Andrea were rated as most interesting characters in the show)

Predictions:
Merle shows up and kills someone (possibly Carol).
Morgan and his son show up in an unexpected place
The insecure farm gets overrun by the herd, a few characters get killed and they leave for a new place
Herschel comes to the realization that the Walkers are dead and not sick
Dale gets an ass kicking by Shane
Carol and Daryl for a relationship before she gets killed
The Rick Clan has a deadly clash with another group of survivors.
Many more Zombies and many more dead Zombies!

Finally got caught up with the show. Watched all of the episodes I had on DVR.

Awesome.

Now I can contribute to this thread.

Hello? Anyone here?

<crickits>

Damn.:doubt:

We're here, just busy . . . and going through TWD withdrawal. :(

Walking dead is one of the best and the horrible show. People like to watch the a lot as it is scary and make people scare. I love to watch this shows as it is to good.

Guess what I got for Christmas?

My girlfriend got me Walking Dead season 1 on DVD, did you get that as well?

Yes I did!
Now if only I could get a few hours to myself so I could watch each episode from beginning to end without interruption.

Yeah that would be nice, I also got Nip/Tuck season 1 on DVD and I watched some of that this weekend, I forgot how good that show was I miss it, it was my favorite television show.

Forum List

Back