The Walking Dead

***Spoiler***

I like what it did for the story and character development, but I was a little annoyed on lack of action and zombies (Although if next week makes up it this was a good start to the second half). They developed Herschel the best. I like how he is transforming. Great acting (although not a good drunk impersonation) and great dialog btw him and Rick. Rick is becoming more and more of a great character (although I he was great before). Shane's antihero hero persona is developing. The group needs him (and not you Dale). The Blondie said it best, "You made all the right decisions, but your presentation is what turned people off." Too true.

I don't like how Daryl's character is evolving into a heartless, selfish, asshole! Get him back to the rough around the edges conflicted good guy.

The Blondie is becoming one of the best characters.

Lori is developing into one of the most annoying characters. First, why did she tell Daryl to get Rick and Glenn. Fool's mission, since Rick and Glenn knew that they need to get Herschel home. Then she goes off on her own and getting in a car accident. She will never be the most annoying, while Dale is around!

In Zombieland is it wise to roll the windows all the way down? Crack them a bit! Jeezzzuuussss!

Great to see another group of humans that will stir the pot and cause some drama.

Foreshadowing Line: "With all the gunshots, it might have attracted other Walkers in the area!"

Would the writers kill off the worst character already. Dale sucks! Either have Rick kill him or make him a human happy meal.

Those humans they ran into at the bar were assholes, you can't bring those clowns back to your camp Rick did the right thing.

Without a doubt. Good quickdraw! They did try to show some irony there. The "strangers" tried to be civil at first saying they needed a place to laylow. Similar to Rick's group, yet they got turned away.

Those humans they ran into at the bar were assholes, you can't bring those clowns back to your camp Rick did the right thing.

Without a doubt. Good quickdraw! They did try to show some irony there. The "strangers" tried to be civil at first saying they needed a place to laylow. Similar to Rick's group, yet they got turned away.

You can tell by the guys atttitude though they were trouble, when that fat guy started pissing on the wall and asking if there was any cooze back at the camp, if they weren't such douche bags and didn't come off so passive aggressive maybe they would have helped them, but Rick does have a point they are pretty full up at the farm.

Oh I did quite enjoy last night's show. Loved when the mom walker wasn't "quite dead yet" and tried to get her daughter.

Daryl reminded my of Sawyer on Lost when he called Lori 'Olive Oil', lol. Too funny. He rejected Lori's plea to go after Rick and Glenn because Daryl searched high and low looking for Sophia, got shot and nearly got himself killed. He was fed up with taking orders from others so he blew Lori off. At least that's how I saw it . . .

Ok, can't believe I'm going to say this but . . . Shane didn't bug me nearly as much last night as in previous episodes. I was watching the first episodes of season two and with some distance can see where he's coming from. Yeah he's a hot head and yeah part of that is that Lori is with Rick but . . . somebody has to be the one to say enough is enough and screw people's feelings getting hurt. Hershel thought for a long time that the walkers could be cured and when he realized that just wasn't the case (after Shane shot that one walker like 6 times in the chest and she just kept coming), he finally realized he'd been wrong. It took Shane's asshole-like attitude to get through to him. Also, things are different and it's basically survival of the fittest .... which is why Shane threw Otis to the walkers, so he could save himself and his own. I get why Shane is acting he way he is better. He and Rick see a problem but have different ways of solving them. Rick was the leader for 1 1/2 seasons . . maybe they're going to switch things up and have Shane take over for a while. Don't know.

Lori . . . what a freakin' whiner. Just do not like her. Think they killed her off when her car spun out of control? And why did she need Dale (oh PLEASE get rid of him) to walk Carl to the house so Carl could rest?

I like how Daryl went into the RV and just stayed with Carol . . . not much conversation, he was just there and he cares.

My 15 yr old watches with me . . . she talks too much during the show and I feel like I miss half of what's going on. I might re-watch when she's not around.

Did just the fat guy in the bar get shot and killed or did both of them? Were there more than just those two? (I told you, my 15 yr old talks too much during the show!)

Did just the fat guy in the bar get shot and killed or did both of them? Were there more than just those two? (I told you, my 15 yr old talks too much during the show!)

It was just those 2 in the bar, although in the previews for the next episode it showed some more people come knock on the door asking for their friends.

My cousin who is addicted to WD like I am used to read the comics back in the day. He told me the stories and sequences are very similar. Then I came across the attached website.

Walking Dead Characters - Walking Dead Wiki

Many similarities: Coma for Rick, how Rick meets Morgan, how Rick finds his family, Shane banging Lori, Lori getting knocked up, the group finding the Herschel farm, Glenn and Maggie getting together.

There are differences: Sophia lives, Carl kills Shane nearly upon Rick appearing, no Merle, Otis doesn't become a human happy meal right away and Carol's husband isn't a lowclass wife beater and doesn't make it to Atlanta.

One thing my cousin said was a character named Michonne is a bad ass! From reading her profile, the TV writers agree.

I know I know I like the show too much, but I always loved the zombie genre, so shoot me!

I saw a clip from the next scene. It appears one made it. Can't imagine it was the fat guy. Rick shot him a few times, including one to the face. The other appeared to just take one.

I saw a clip from the next scene. It appears one made it. Can't imagine it was the fat guy. Rick shot him a few times, including one to the face. The other appeared to just take one.

Hmm the guy Rick shot behind the bar lived?

Hmm the guy Rick shot behind the bar lived?

Could be!

Okay, I finally watched the mid-season premiere and I loved it! A little bit of zombie action, it could have used some more. But the scene at the start, outside the barn when the zombie mother started thrashing about trying to eat her daughter and Andrea came up behind and shoved a sickle through her head, my husband and I, at the same time, were like .... EWWWWWW ... nasty! So kudos for that bit of gore.

I know most of you hate him, but I still like Dale.
Lori ... yawn. I'm really hoping she's either dead or worst case scenario, she lost the baby.

I really enjoyed the scene at the bar and I would have done exactly what Rick did. Yes! Now that's the way you do it! Bang Bang!

Great acting (although not a good drunk impersonation)

Yes, agreed. We said the same thing.

In Zombieland is it wise to roll the windows all the way down? Crack them a bit! Jeezzzuuussss!

Were the windows down? I must have missed that. But that sets up the scene of the walker on the road, making his way over to her crash. Window is open ... Walker's gonna get ya! Good. Eat her.

Foreshadowing Line: "With all the gunshots, it might have attracted other Walkers in the area!"

Yes.

Forum List

Back