The wall won't work

Schumer shutdown the government because he doesn't want to pay for a wall/fence, so that claim is obvious bullshit. The Dims also object to paying for more border agents. Technology is useless without a means of physically stopping illegal crossings. Talk is cheap. The Dims have objected to every measure designed to increase border security. Furthermore, all that stuff you mentioned can be repealed at the stroke of a pen. Another Dim president can even order immigration not to secure the border, just as Obummer did. The wall is a permanent barrier. That's why Dims oppose it.
Durbin and other democrats just proposed an immigration bill that gave 1.8 billion dollars for a wall and fencing along with 1.2 billion more for tech, agents and judges. Did you know that?

Why only $1.8 Billion? Ask yourself that question?
They want 18 billion over 10 years for the wall. (That’s twice as much as Trump said it would cost during the campaign, and oh yeah Mexico was supposed to pay for it) This CR would give 1.8 for the first year. You do the math. 1.8 x 10. Then maybe the republicans can do their job and pass a real budget to cover the rest and we can stop operating through resolutions

When did Trump say the wall would cost $10 billion?
Sorry my bad. He said 8 Billion not 10... I think later in the campaign he changed it to 8 - 12 billion if I remember correctly. And lets not forget MEXICO is paying for it. So I don't even know why we are fighting for tax payer funding!! This is such a joke!

Trump puts a price tag on his wall: 8 billion

So what? Cost estimates change. Do you know what the original cost estimate of Medicare was? Do you know what Obama predicted for the increase in insurance premiums under Obamacare?

For all the Trump "Dreamers" who think a wall will do one damn thing....

Guess what this is:

151023131318-tijuana-san-diego-drug-tunnel-full-169.jpg
It looks like a border tunnel that the border patrol found and destroyed.

How do you defeat a 30 foot wall?

With a 31 foot ladder
how do you carry it?
How do you get it to the other side or do you plan to jump?
You drive it in, trucks on both sides, two ladders, two trucks.... Ever heard of Coyotes? They are in the business of smuggling people and drugs across the border. This debate is getting old. If border authorities deem a wall necessary then build a wall. I haven't heard one person say they need a 2000 mile wall across the border, in fact i've hear the opposite. If they want sensors, drones, agents, tech then we should listen to their proposals. Their proposals should be taken seriously and then funded in a responsible way. Im sure our local police would love updated tech but we don't have unlimited funds so I emphasis the term "fiscal responsibility".

Of course a wall is more effective than nothing at all. The critiques are both with the necessity and expense of building the type of wall Trump has been hyping, and also the divisive perception that his rhetoric has produced across our nation and around the world
How many millions are going to immigrate that way?
If your boat has a hole in it you don't stop bailing just because more will come in anyhow. You do what you can with what you got.
Hopefully less and less as we apply better walls and fencing in necessary areas, agents where needed, beef up our monitoring technology, and address the primary source of illegal immigration VISA OVERSTAYS! How are the VO's left out of this discussion? Unbelievable.

You don't want to apply walls or fencing.

The wall is always cheaper than border agents. You don't have to pay the wall a salary, and it makes it possible for the same number of agents to gaurd a much longer section of the border.

Guess what this is:

So, you seriously don't believe that anyone would have a clue that someone was building such an extensive tunnel in the middle of BFE? What are they going to do with the rocks and dirt they hauled out?

Watch a WWII prison camp movie like Stalag 17 or Hart's War.

Existing walls were built in populated areas because the entrance and exit can be inside a building and all the activity can be hidden. That can't happen in the middle of the dessert. Yet, the open-borders traitors claim that the only logical place to build a wall is in the middle of cities on the border.
Thats actually what border agents say... not the open border crowd

Durbin and other democrats just proposed an immigration bill that gave 1.8 billion dollars for a wall and fencing along with 1.2 billion more for tech, agents and judges. Did you know that?

They want 18 billion over 10 years for the wall. (That’s twice as much as Trump said it would cost during the campaign, and oh yeah Mexico was supposed to pay for it) This CR would give 1.8 for the first year. You do the math. 1.8 x 10. Then maybe the republicans can do their job and pass a real budget to cover the rest and we can stop operating through resolutions

Sorry my bad. He said 8 Billion not 10... I think later in the campaign he changed it to 8 - 12 billion if I remember correctly. And lets not forget MEXICO is paying for it. So I don't even know why we are fighting for tax payer funding!! This is such a joke!

So what? Cost estimates change. Do you know what the original cost estimate of Medicare was? Do you know what Obama predicted for the increase in insurance premiums under Obamacare?
Just pointing out how much of a blowhard Trump is. He talks out of his ass to rally his puppets. Why isn't Mexico paying for the wall like the chant goes? It would save us from all this budget stuff.

Also, yall crucified Obama for lying about Obama care and for the expenses. So now thats out the door when Trump breaks his promises and misses the budgetary marks? ok

Guess what this is:

So, you seriously don't believe that anyone would have a clue that someone was building such an extensive tunnel in the middle of BFE? What are they going to do with the rocks and dirt they hauled out?

Existing walls were built in populated areas because the entrance and exit can be inside a building and all the activity can be hidden. That can't happen in the middle of the dessert. Yet, the open-borders traitors claim that the only logical place to build a wall is in the middle of cities on the border.

No. That is what the open borders crowd says also. Border agents want a wall.

Why are you so intentionally stupid?

Guess what this is:

I just proved they don't say that. Some union political hack is not "border agents." He's a scum sucking politician.

Just pointing out how much of a blowhard Trump is. He talks out of his ass to rally his puppets. Why isn't Mexico paying for the wall like the chant goes? It would save us from all this budget stuff.

Also, yall crucified Obama for lying about Obama care and for the expenses. So now thats out the door when Trump breaks his promises and misses the budgetary marks? ok

What chant? "Build the wall" doesn't say anything about Mexico.

I think we should tax the money sent to Mexico at about 25%. That would pay for a few cubic yards of concrete.

How do you defeat a 30 foot wall?

With a 31 foot ladder
how do you carry it?
You drive it in, trucks on both sides, two ladders, two trucks.... Ever heard of Coyotes? They are in the business of smuggling people and drugs across the border. This debate is getting old. If border authorities deem a wall necessary then build a wall. I haven't heard one person say they need a 2000 mile wall across the border, in fact i've hear the opposite. If they want sensors, drones, agents, tech then we should listen to their proposals. Their proposals should be taken seriously and then funded in a responsible way. Im sure our local police would love updated tech but we don't have unlimited funds so I emphasis the term "fiscal responsibility".

Of course a wall is more effective than nothing at all. The critiques are both with the necessity and expense of building the type of wall Trump has been hyping, and also the divisive perception that his rhetoric has produced across our nation and around the world
If your boat has a hole in it you don't stop bailing just because more will come in anyhow. You do what you can with what you got.
Hopefully less and less as we apply better walls and fencing in necessary areas, agents where needed, beef up our monitoring technology, and address the primary source of illegal immigration VISA OVERSTAYS! How are the VO's left out of this discussion? Unbelievable.

The wall is always cheaper than border agents. You don't have to pay the wall a salary, and it makes it possible for the same number of agents to gaurd a much longer section of the border.
Thats fine. I don't work the border I don't know what they need. But from what i've heard from people who do work the border they don't need a 2000 mile wall. My objections aren't to border security, i'm fine with that. Its in the divisive rhetoric and overblown rhetoric that Trump has been pumping around this issue.

Guess what this is:

When you oppose common sense, then you are necessarily stupid. Only stupid arguments can be employed to support pure idiocy.

Guess what this is:

Provide some links

how do you carry it?

Thats fine. I don't work the border I don't know what they need. But from what i've heard from people who do work the border they don't need a 2000 mile wall. My objections aren't to border security, i'm fine with that. Its in the divisive rhetoric and overblown rhetoric that Trump has been pumping around this issue.

So YOU have talked to the border patrol?

Who, where and when?

Your posts are full of bullshit!

how do you carry it?

No one is talking about a 2000 mile wall, although I support it.

What "divisive rhetoric?" Open borders supporters claim proposing a wall is divisive.

Guess what this is:

Provide some links

I don't work for you to prove you are an idiot. You do just fine all on your own. Google is your friend.

You made the claim. You back it up!

I think we should tax the money sent to Mexico at about 25%. That would pay for a few cubic yards of concrete.
What chant? Where have you been?? You keep calling me stupid yet you keep making these completely uninformed and ignorant statements. Its quite entertaining.

Obamacare took over 1/5th of our economy. The total cost is many trillions of dollars. The wall is $20 billion, which is miniscule in comparison with the total budget. Proposing some equivalence between the two is demagoguery.

What chant? Where have you been?? You keep calling me stupid yet you keep making these completely uninformed and ignorant statements. Its quite entertaining.

That's not a chant, dumb ass! I guess you went to school stupid and came out the same way!

Also, look at the NYSE on the bottom of that video! It was 10,455 at that time.

It is over 26,000 now.

Man, it sucks to be a liberal! So much whining and crying to do after you get your asses kicked day after day after day!

Last edited:

Provide some links

I don't work for you to prove you are an idiot. You do just fine all on your own. Google is your friend.

You made the claim. You back it up!
i've been backing up my statements. Notice the links and videos I've been posting? Notice none from you, only ignorant empty statements and petty insults. What a joke

Obamacare took over 1/5th of our economy. The total cost is many trillions of dollars. The wall is $20 billion, which is miniscule in comparison with the total budget. Proposing some equivalence between the two is demagoguery.
I'm not trying to equivocate. Obamacare was a much bigger expense than the wall. You are the one who brought up Obama

if a wall doesn't keep 90% of all unwanted intruders out, then why do you dummy liberals have doors on your homes? I mean obviously if someone really wants in that door isn't going to stop them.

Liberalism truly is a brain disorder.

Forum List

Back