The war on vapers

There's certainly room for criticism but we also need to acknowledge the sophisticated marketing strategy targeting children. Where do we think this is going to lead to eventually when children's lungs have been destroyed at an accelerated rate.

Sometimes I'm completely baffled how the country can be divided on what is considered right and wrong. It's disturbing

There's certainly room for criticism but we also need to acknowledge the sophisticated marketing strategy targeting children. Where do we think this is going to lead to eventually when children's lungs have been destroyed at an accelerated rate.

Sometimes I'm completely baffled how the country can be divided on what is considered right and wrong. It's disturbing

Is there a marketing strategy towards kids? Frankly, all the advertising I've seen is geared towards adult smokers looking to get off tobacco.

Is there a marketing strategy towards kids? Frankly, all the advertising I've seen is geared towards adult smokers looking to get off tobacco.

I don't know too many adults that are interested in bubble gum flavored vaping. I may also be looking at it from a woman's point of view.

Let's go with your perspective that only adults are vaping. It appears that the data is starting to roll in now and the devices and chemicals may not be as squeaky clean as previously claimed.

Statistics show that vaping used as a way to transition from smoking cigarettes has actually had the reverse impact when you break it down by demographics.

The same percentage of the population is using drugs as it always had even before the "war on drugs"

Um, no, actually, it isn't... Go back to the 19th century when we made drugs illegal, and we had over a million opium addicts in a population of 60 million. We have nowhere near that problem today.

We don't live in the 19th century you idiot.

I don't know too many adults that are interested in bubble gum flavored vaping. I may also be looking at it from a woman's point of view.

Let's go with your perspective that only adults are vaping. It appears that the data is starting to roll in now and the devices and chemicals may not be as squeaky clean as previously claimed.

Statistics show that vaping used as a way to transition from smoking cigarettes has actually had the reverse impact when you break it down by demographics.

1) Link.
2) Lots of stuff for adults is bubble gum flavored.

The more I look at this hysteria, the more I am wondering if the Tobacco Industry isn't behind it all.

1) Link.

The more I look at this hysteria, the more I am wondering if the Tobacco Industry isn't behind it all.

1 - Teens and E-cigarettes

2 - I'm afraid to ask. hahahahahaha

1) Link.

I do believe that the tobacco industry IS pushing this.

Vaping needs to be banned or regulated.
Period.
It is an enormously stupid thing to do in the current state, thus why largely only the young and dumb partake.

Secondly.... trolls create troll threads.

Period.
It is an enormously stupid thing to do in the current state, thus why largely only the young and dumb partake.

Kessler was on CNN the other evening and mentioned other smoking cessation products were available via prescription and recommended vaping also be prescribed. It would be a reasonable fix in getting vaping out of the hands of children while also permitting adults access.

Period.

The main thing is, government should control access. To pretty much everything. Otherwise, we'll just get all confused and do it wrong.

The main thing is, government should control access. To pretty much everything. Otherwise, we'll just get all confused and do it wrong.

Well, usually, I'd have no problem with Libertarians eliminating themselves from the gene pool doing stupid stuff, but I do worry about the kids.

Ahhh, yes. Your boilerplate insults. Don't you know that just reads "I got nothin"?

Seriously, Joe. Has there ever been a big brother government program you opposed?

Period.

I think we're smart enough to figure out how to establish standards without crushing capitalism. Finding a balance is important. It ensures that one side doesn't get out of control.

Forum List

Back