The war on vapers

I think we're smart enough to figure out how to establish standards without crushing capitalism.

I don't. If by "we" you mean government. That's exactly the kind of "we know better" hubris that elected Trump.

People have the right to commit suicide. There goes about 70% of your "gun deaths"
What about the others?

No one has the right to commit murder. So the people who commit murder should be locked away.

Don't forget that people commit murder not weapons
Strawman fallacy.

The thread is a strawman. Funny you don’t mention that.

I don't know too many adults that are interested in bubble gum flavored vaping. I may also be looking at it from a woman's point of view.

Let's go with your perspective that only adults are vaping. It appears that the data is starting to roll in now and the devices and chemicals may not be as squeaky clean as previously claimed.

Statistics show that vaping used as a way to transition from smoking cigarettes has actually had the reverse impact when you break it down by demographics.

1) Link.
2) Lots of stuff for adults is bubble gum flavored.

The more I look at this hysteria, the more I am wondering if the Tobacco Industry isn't behind it all.

So the tobacco industry isn’t selling the tobacco oils that are found in the tobacco cartridges?

I see Donny is taking on the vaping industry after 6 deaths might have been caused by these things.

I wonder if there are any other industries where he could apply this logic ?

It's not Trump, you asshat...it's the left wingers in the Federal bureaucracy....you moron.....foolish people thought it was about smoking and your health.....for left wingers it is always about control...they have a mental illness the forces them to control others...
Oh, controlling others... like Reich wingers want to control women vis a vis abortion?

Ahhh, yes. Your boilerplate insults. Don't you know that just reads "I got nothin"?

Seriously, Joe. Has there ever been a big brother government program you opposed?

Sure. Any program that bothers me personally...

Since I don't vape and don't want to own a gun... I don't worry about these sorts of things.

If vaping is dangerous, it should be banned.
Cigarettes should be banned.

Ahhh, yes. Your boilerplate insults. Don't you know that just reads "I got nothin"?

Seriously, Joe. Has there ever been a big brother government program you opposed?

Sure. Any program that bothers me personally...

Since I don't vape and don't want to own a gun... I don't worry about these sorts of things.

If vaping is dangerous, it should be banned.
Cigarettes should be banned.

So, if it's dangerous, and you don't like it, it should be illegal? I guess that's par for the course.

I see Donny is taking on the vaping industry after 6 deaths might have been caused by these things.

It's not Trump, you asshat...it's the left wingers in the Federal bureaucracy....you moron.....foolish people thought it was about smoking and your health.....for left wingers it is always about control...they have a mental illness the forces them to control others...
Oh, controlling others... like Reich wingers want to control women vis a vis abortion?
Women can't control themselves.

Women can't control themselves.

The government is there to protect us from ourselves. At least that's how some would have it.

It's to protect kids you numb nut! Who cares about adult vapers? Let their stupidity do them in. Besides, dumpf said the other day that "not all vaping is bad." He has to leave himself an out to protect the tobacco industry who supports him bigly.

It's to protect kids you numb nut! Who cares about adult vapers? Let their stupidity do them in. Besides, dumpf said the other day that "not all vaping is bad." He has to leave himself an out to protect the tobacco industry who supports him bigly.

No, it isn't about protecting kids...you shitbird....... the kids were already using illegal THC oil in their vaping things....that is what is giving them the problem...that oil isn't supposed to be in the lungs...

So, if it's dangerous, and you don't like it, it should be illegal? I guess that's par for the course.

Yes, if it's dangerous, it should be illegal. This isn't fucking complicated...

Here's the thing. These Vapes were rushed out without any real testing on them, so should we be surprised they are more dangerous than smoking?

The government is there to protect us from ourselves. At least that's how some would have it.

Now, you bring up a good point. What defines ourselves.

The government exists to protect us from EACH OTHER. That would be a better definition.

In this case, vapes were designed and marketed as an alternative to smoking, but it appears the people who made them didn't really take the dangers into account.

Or this might be just a case of some idiots modifying them wrong and messing people up... but we all need to take a step back and be sure.

Now, you bring up a good point. What defines ourselves.

The government exists to protect us from EACH OTHER. That would be a better definition.

In this case, vapes were designed and marketed as an alternative to smoking, but it appears the people who made them didn't really take the dangers into account.

Or this might be just a case of some idiots modifying them wrong and messing people up... but we all need to take a step back and be sure.

Criminal and civil liability laws already have that covered. But what's the point of having an emergency of the week if we're not going to create a new rent-seeking bureaucracy?

Yes, if it's dangerous, it should be illegal. This isn't fucking complicated...

Yet you still don't get it. Different people have different tolerances for risk. There's no reason to use the law to force everyone to conform to the lowest common denominator.

Here's the thing. These Vapes were rushed out without any real testing on them, so should we be surprised they are more dangerous than smoking?

Of course not. I have no problem going after cheats and scammers. But Congress will never be satisfied with that when it can, instead, use the hubbub as an excuse to create permanent "oversite" in the form of a useless, corrupt regulatory regime. It's all they know.

Criminal and civil liability laws already have that covered. But what's the point of having an emergency of the week if we're not going to create a new rent-seeking bureaucracy?

The problem with the civil course is that it's too expensive and takes too long.

Look how long it took to FINALLY bring the Cigarette companies to heel.

No, thank you.

Yet you still don't get it. Different people have different tolerances for risk. There's no reason to use the law to force everyone to conform to the lowest common denominator.

Sure there is. Someone in the thread had a pretty good solution. Make Vapes a prescription only thing. You get evaluated by a doctor if you need them or not to quit smoking..> Otherwise, no Vapes for you.

Of course not. I have no problem going after cheats and scammers. But Congress will never be satisfied with that when it can, instead, use the hubbub as an excuse to create permanent "oversite" in the form of a useless, corrupt regulatory regime. It's all they know.

If it works, don't knock it. Again, while I'm sure that the Billionaires are all whining that they can't sell you a dangerous product, I'm not sure why you are so keen to climb over broken glass to get abused.

Oh. Right. Freedom. Um... Liberty... um... I don't want no gummit telling me nuttin'

Forum List

Back