The war on vapers

don’t have a gun fetish, I don’t own a gun, never owned a gun, don’t want to own a gun. I have fired a gun at a shooting range once in my life. Not my thing. The Constitution allows for all to own or not a gun. If you don’t like the law or the interpretation of the 2nd Amendment as ruled by the courts time and time again, change the 2nd Amendment, good luck.

I'd love to take a sharpie to the Second Amendment. Everything after the word "Militia".

but to the point, we don't need to get rid of the Second Anachornism to fix the gun laws.

All we have to do is wage Law-fare on the gun industry. SUE THOSE FUCKERS INTO THE POOR HOUSE.

don’t have a gun fetish, I don’t own a gun, never owned a gun, don’t want to own a gun. I have fired a gun at a shooting range once in my life. Not my thing. The Constitution allows for all to own or not a gun. If you don’t like the law or the interpretation of the 2nd Amendment as ruled by the courts time and time again, change the 2nd Amendment, good luck.

I'd love to take a sharpie to the Second Amendment. Everything after the word "Militia".

but to the point, we don't need to get rid of the Second Anachornism to fix the gun laws.

All we have to do is wage Law-fare on the gun industry. SUE THOSE FUCKERS INTO THE POOR HOUSE.

Then do it, I’m not stopping you nor is anyone else. What are you waiting for?

I see Donny is taking on the vaping industry after 6 deaths might have been caused by these things.

I wonder if there are any other industries where he could apply this logic ?

No, he didn't take on the vaping industry. He blamed him for the six people who died vaping products peddled by big weed.

It could also be a premeditated conspiracy by the cigarette manufacturers to setup the vaping industry before they do more damage to their industry.

This isn't the first time it has been done nor will it be the last, happens all the time in the food industry.

Owning a vape is not a Constitutional Right...

Owning a gun isn't a constitutional right. The Second Amendment is about militias, not guns.
Your ignorance must be very blissful:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Second Amendment

In the 2008 case District of Columbia v. Heller, the Supreme Court held that the "Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home."

Owning a vape is not a Constitutional Right...

Owning a gun isn't a constitutional right. The Second Amendment is about militias, not guns.

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA et al. v. HELLER

No. 07–290. Argued March 18, 2008—Decided June 26, 2008

Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

(a) The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2–22.

(b) The prefatory clause comports with the Court’s interpretation of the operative clause. The “militia” comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens’ militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens’ militia would be preserved. Pp. 22–28.

(c) The Court’s interpretation is confirmed by analogous arms-bearing rights in state constitutions that preceded and immediately followed theSecond Amendment . Pp. 28–30.

(d) The Second Amendment ’s drafting history, while of dubious interpretive worth, reveals three state Second Amendment proposals that unequivocally referred to an individual right to bear arms. Pp. 30–32.

(e) Interpretation of the Second Amendment by scholars, courts and legislators, from immediately after its ratification through the late 19th century also supports the Court’s conclusion. Pp. 32–47.

(f) None of the Court’s precedents forecloses the Court’s interpretation. Neither United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U. S. 542 , nor Presser v. Illinois,116 U. S. 252 , refutes the individual-rights interpretation. United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174 , does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes. Pp. 47–54.

----------------------------------------------------

Why do you leftists keep spreading this fucking lie?

Gun dealers get immunity?

Yup. If you sell a gun to a crazy person dressed like the Joker, they can't sue you when he goes out and shoots up a theater with that AR-15 and that 100 round magazine you just sold him.

This happened after some of the victims of the DC Snipers sued gun sellers and manufacturers over the fact they sold guns to these guys. Congress sprung into action and passed the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA)

Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act - Wikipedia

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA et al. v. HELLER

No. 07–290. Argued March 18, 2008—Decided June 26, 2008

Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

Yes, that WAS a Stupid ruling.

200 years ago, some slave rapists couldn't clearly define a militia, so today we are stuck with crazy people being able to buy military grade weapons, and have to design our whole society around it.

And when they don't work, it's proof we need moar!!

No, it proves they don't work. When your base premise is "Every Crazy person has a God-given right to a gun, no matter how nuts he is", kind of hard to make a law work with that.
They aren't working because we do not enforce them

It really isn't rocket science

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back