The Washington Post Admits Dem Field Can’t Beat Trump And They Want You Know Who

Our economy now is stronger and better than it has been for OVER FIFTY YEARS
That's just fantasy. It's demonstrably untrue.

But I do realize that's considered fact in the Trumpiverse. This is my point.
As it was also considered when Clinton was President, as was when Obama was President.
Your point is, well pointless unless you include that.
"Trumpsters" as you refer it, is nothing new. At all.
To this day "Obamabots" still believe he did a fantastic job concerning economics. As they also still do for Clinton.
No Obama supporters claimed that his economy was the greatest in 50 years. He did the right thing by getting out of the way and letting the Fed pull us out of the disaster he inherited. The Clinton economy was demonstrably better than today's economy.

I'm not going to burn any more time on this. This is my profession, and it gets tedious with Trumpsters.

Think whatever you want, whatever you're fed in the Trumpiverse.
Then you don't pay attention.
I am anything but a Trumpster.
And Obama "got out of the way" to allow the Feds to save us? - Holy crap, sorry I had no idea you were among the clueless. The same clueless you admonish.

They forget so soon the true nature of the 2008 global currency crisis, it's roots, the reason it got to be so bad and why it had less to do with Politics than it did with the entire international banking system....but then again lefty never fails to grab an opportunity to make a political lie when he can.

JO
I'd love to see your definition/description of the "2008 global currency crisis".

I won't disagree or try to convince you of anything. I'd just like to see it.

Thanks in advance.

It makes sense to me for a candidate to wait for latest possible moment to enter the Democratic race and avoid the current silliness. The one Democrat I have in mind has experience of being a former state attorney general, governor and US Secretary of Homeland Security. Additionally, has announced resignation from current position as president of a major university effective August 1st of 2020. How timely!

On one hand, I think you could draw a name made up of ordinary Americans, out of a hat, and they would beat Trump. He has gone out of his way to be as big an asshole and as controversial as possible.

On the other hand, when you have an entire stage of candidates of the other party, who would tear apart our border security, letting in whoever can get here, who would give American taxpayer funded healthcare to illegals, who would dismantle ICE, who would make every city in America a sanctuary, who would destroy our healthcare plans and replace it with some sort of government Medicare that will leave you stranded in a plan and that will leave you waiting, and not meet your real world needs, it's not a stretch to believe Trump will be reelected.

If Trump is once again our candidate, I will not hesitate for a nano second to vote for him !!!

On one hand, I think you could draw a name made up of ordinary Americans, out of a hat, and they would beat Trump. He has gone out of his way to be as big an asshole and as controversial as possible.

On the other hand, when you have an entire stage of candidates of the other party, who would tear apart our border security, letting in whoever can get here, who would give American taxpayer funded healthcare to illegals, who would dismantle ICE, who would make every city in America a sanctuary, who would destroy our healthcare plans and replace it with some sort of government Medicare that will leave you stranded in a plan and that will leave you waiting, and not meet your real world needs, it's not a stretch to believe Trump will be reelected.

If Trump is once again our candidate, I will not hesitate for a nano second to vote for him !!!

I just don't think that is true.
He is simply normal
Not a fake politician, groomed to be a politician for life.

Well Mac, there ya go... it appears you're being brain washed like the rest of the democrat trash.

After many years of unemployment and war, the U.S. economy has made a dramatic comeback. The credit can only be given to President Donald Trump's promised rollback of the tax and regulatory schemes implemented from 1993 until he was elected.

Here are 10 facts since Trump was elected that prove this is the best overall economy in more than 50 years:

1. Employment: PBS News Hour confirmed that this is the best labor market since 1969 with low unemployment, more jobs and rising wages.
  2. GDP: Trump is the first president to have GDP consistently higher than 3%, President Barack Obama was only the president to fail to achieve one year of 3% GDP growth.
  3. Wages: The Washington Post even surrenders to the fact that Trump is the first president to improve wages in a generation where income is at an all-time high.
  4. Stock Market: CNN says the stock market has roared more than 40% since Trump’s election.
  5. Gas and Fuel Prices: Gas prices are low in most U.S. states that don't over-tax fuel with local and state taxes. Many states have $2.15 per gallon gasoline right now. Gas prices may fall this summer according to the latest news.
  6. Ethnic Employment Success: The employment success for all ethnicities is at record high. Obama had difficulty creating jobs and many people gave up looking for work.
  7. Manufacturing Jobs: Manufacturing jobs are back in the U.S. for the first time in a generation. Trump created 284,000 manufacturing jobs in 2018. Forbes implied that millions of manufacturing jobs were lost during Obama’s first 2 years in office. Some 1 in 6 were lost between January 2008 and March 2010 and Obama never got those jobs back.
  8. Taxes and Regulatory: Corporate taxes were cut from 35% to 21%. America moved from worst tax system up to one of the most competitive in the world under Trump’s first 2 years in office. Lower tax rates allow U.S. companies to spend more money, buy more assets, pay more employee benefits, buy stock back to put money on Main Street and into state coffers, and even help pay better dividends to seniors who live paycheck to paycheck.
  9. Nasdaq: The Nasdaq stock market value finally exceeded the 1999 prices under Trump. This implies that companies were stagnant for 18 years until Trump took office.
  10. Level the Playing Field: With a mixed bag of tax-code improvements, removal of red tape, new trade agreements, and competitive tariffs, the U.S. economy is more insulated from failure. Even the Federal Reserve is willing to lower rates if other countries harm the U.S. trading environment.
With lower taxes, more jobs, no war, and a strong stock market, the U.S. may be poised to maintain the economic boom started by Trump. After a generation of war and unemployment problems, it is possible that the U.S. can have lasting prosperity if it continues to utilize common-sense economic strategies; however, the youth of our country must pay the $10 trillion of new debt created by Obama.

Because of technology and other efficient systems, inflation is remaining low. What is strange is that the Federal Reserve in this new era seems to unilaterally create artificial inflation rather than slow it down. Thus, we are in a new paradigm of the Trump Era and we are now competing with the other 180+ countries around the world to remain the most business friendly super power.

Can the economy blow up again? The answer is yes if there is a combination of forces of debt, lower productivity, higher taxes, higher interest rates, lower foreign investment, and less spending. The biggest problem is paying unfunded liabilities and the debt created by Obama. Thus, the only way out of this mess is to continue to create jobs, get people off of public assistance by allowing great jobs to be created, create more government revenue through lower taxes on a larger group of new producers, and lower the costs of running government.

Read Newsmax: 10 Reasons Trump Economy Is Best in 50 Years | Newsmax.com
Important: Find Your Real Retirement Date in Minutes! More Info Here
There`s Newsmax and then there are facts.
Obama's Final Numbers

This thread is another great example of how the alternate universe operates.

The winger website called "Red Right Daily" (one of a growing list of faux news sites) links to a Washington Post article that reports on some in the Democratic Party who have concerns about their slate of candidates. The "Red Right Daily" headline says that the Washington Post "admits" that no one in the current Dem field can beat Trump.

First, nowhere in the Post article does it "admit" that. Second, the piece reports concerns, not anyone saying that they can't beat Trump. So the headline is a demonstrable lie. But the OP dutifully links to it as if it were a fact, and uses the "Red Right Daily" as a "news" source. Then, all the other Trumpsters jump in too.

This is just one of many daily examples here. While it's kind of amusing, it points to a real problem: Facts, opinion, rumor, conspiracy, assumption, projection, hyperbole and extrapolation have all become blurred in the Trumpiverse. These people literally believe this stuff as "fact", and they cannot be talked out it.

One of the primary drivers of our increasing division is the fact that this portion of our population is literally existing within its own separate fact and information reality. It began with talk radio but has simply exploded with the internet. That's difficult to fix.

The Internet turned wingers into merchants of propaganda.

Well Mac, there ya go... it appears you're being brain washed like the rest of the democrat trash.

After many years of unemployment and war, the U.S. economy has made a dramatic comeback. The credit can only be given to President Donald Trump's promised rollback of the tax and regulatory schemes implemented from 1993 until he was elected.

Here are 10 facts since Trump was elected that prove this is the best overall economy in more than 50 years:

1. Employment: PBS News Hour confirmed that this is the best labor market since 1969 with low unemployment, more jobs and rising wages.
  2. GDP: Trump is the first president to have GDP consistently higher than 3%, President Barack Obama was only the president to fail to achieve one year of 3% GDP growth.
  3. Wages: The Washington Post even surrenders to the fact that Trump is the first president to improve wages in a generation where income is at an all-time high.
  4. Stock Market: CNN says the stock market has roared more than 40% since Trump’s election.
  5. Gas and Fuel Prices: Gas prices are low in most U.S. states that don't over-tax fuel with local and state taxes. Many states have $2.15 per gallon gasoline right now. Gas prices may fall this summer according to the latest news.
  6. Ethnic Employment Success: The employment success for all ethnicities is at record high. Obama had difficulty creating jobs and many people gave up looking for work.
  7. Manufacturing Jobs: Manufacturing jobs are back in the U.S. for the first time in a generation. Trump created 284,000 manufacturing jobs in 2018. Forbes implied that millions of manufacturing jobs were lost during Obama’s first 2 years in office. Some 1 in 6 were lost between January 2008 and March 2010 and Obama never got those jobs back.
  8. Taxes and Regulatory: Corporate taxes were cut from 35% to 21%. America moved from worst tax system up to one of the most competitive in the world under Trump’s first 2 years in office. Lower tax rates allow U.S. companies to spend more money, buy more assets, pay more employee benefits, buy stock back to put money on Main Street and into state coffers, and even help pay better dividends to seniors who live paycheck to paycheck.
  9. Nasdaq: The Nasdaq stock market value finally exceeded the 1999 prices under Trump. This implies that companies were stagnant for 18 years until Trump took office.
  10. Level the Playing Field: With a mixed bag of tax-code improvements, removal of red tape, new trade agreements, and competitive tariffs, the U.S. economy is more insulated from failure. Even the Federal Reserve is willing to lower rates if other countries harm the U.S. trading environment.
With lower taxes, more jobs, no war, and a strong stock market, the U.S. may be poised to maintain the economic boom started by Trump. After a generation of war and unemployment problems, it is possible that the U.S. can have lasting prosperity if it continues to utilize common-sense economic strategies; however, the youth of our country must pay the $10 trillion of new debt created by Obama.

Because of technology and other efficient systems, inflation is remaining low. What is strange is that the Federal Reserve in this new era seems to unilaterally create artificial inflation rather than slow it down. Thus, we are in a new paradigm of the Trump Era and we are now competing with the other 180+ countries around the world to remain the most business friendly super power.

Can the economy blow up again? The answer is yes if there is a combination of forces of debt, lower productivity, higher taxes, higher interest rates, lower foreign investment, and less spending. The biggest problem is paying unfunded liabilities and the debt created by Obama. Thus, the only way out of this mess is to continue to create jobs, get people off of public assistance by allowing great jobs to be created, create more government revenue through lower taxes on a larger group of new producers, and lower the costs of running government.

Obama's Final Numbers
Seems the article he posted was replete with mainstream sourcing...What am I missing there? Or are you just dismissing it based on the outlet used? That's called the ad hominem fallacy, you lose.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

The winger website called "Red Right Daily" (one of a growing list of faux news sites) links to a Washington Post article that reports on some in the Democratic Party who have concerns about their slate of candidates. The "Red Right Daily" headline says that the Washington Post "admits" that no one in the current Dem field can beat Trump.

First, nowhere in the Post article does it "admit" that. Second, the piece reports concerns, not anyone saying that they can't beat Trump. So the headline is a demonstrable lie. But the OP dutifully links to it as if it were a fact, and uses the "Red Right Daily" as a "news" source. Then, all the other Trumpsters jump in too.

This is just one of many daily examples here. While it's kind of amusing, it points to a real problem: Facts, opinion, rumor, conspiracy, assumption, projection, hyperbole and extrapolation have all become blurred in the Trumpiverse. These people literally believe this stuff as "fact", and they cannot be talked out it.

One of the primary drivers of our increasing division is the fact that this portion of our population is literally existing within its own separate fact and information reality. It began with talk radio but has simply exploded with the internet. That's difficult to fix.

So, did the post article get it wrong?

"This portion" of our populace??
uh... and who exactly are you referring to? What portion?
Trumpsters.
You've pretty much blown your "middle of the road" persona clear out of the water lately, Mac.

I always figured you were a full blown leftist trying to pass yourself off as some reasonable independent. So much for that.

I figure you're an extremist blowhard. You'll get over it.

No, the Post article is fine.

It's the intellectually dishonest Trumpiverse interpretation of the article that is wrong.

Obama's Final Numbers

I laugh

"This portion" of our populace??
uh... and who exactly are you referring to? What portion?
Trumpsters.
Ahh... I see.
So "Trumpsters" as you define it? is who?
Anyone who you see as supporting Trump?
Or perhaps anyone who doesn't tow the line for the entire left media conglomerate?
Or... what?
There is so much misinformation rattling around on BOTH SIDES that calling out one side is a bit hypocritical and blind.

You need "Trumpsters" defined?

Well, mainstream 'news' we see on this board is all editorial. Opinion. Right and wrong don't really apply, but the headline and article from the right wing site is pure spin and does get stuff wrong. It is also an opinion piece, commenting on another opinion piece. This is what passes as 'news' these days for extremists.

As it was also considered when Clinton was President, as was when Obama was President.
To this day "Obamabots" still believe he did a fantastic job concerning economics. As they also still do for Clinton.
No Obama supporters claimed that his economy was the greatest in 50 years. He did the right thing by getting out of the way and letting the Fed pull us out of the disaster he inherited. The Clinton economy was demonstrably better than today's economy.

I'm not going to burn any more time on this. This is my profession, and it gets tedious with Trumpsters.

The Clinton economy that ended in a recession?
Yes, all good "economies" end in a recession.

That's the cyclical nature of a capitalist economy.

You know that, right?

I know that, however I don't credit Presidents for good or bad economies.

Well said.

He is simply normal

Disagree.
Trump is not "normal" he is not like us.
He is off the charts egotistical, immature and can't seem to grasp the concept that he holds the position of the highest office in the world. Everything he does effects millions and millions of people, not just in America but across the globe.
And a person in that position shouldn't be trading jabs with a failed washed up comedian and anyone else who dares to speak against him. He spends waaaaaaay too much time and effort into throwing rocks at his adversaries when there is so much more to do.

---- Having said that ---
I would still take him over anyone the Democrats are offering right now.

Everywhere I turn on the internet, I read piece after piece by Leftists bemoaning the inevitability of a second Trump term. And the loss of the House majority.

He is simply normal

Disagree.
Trump is not "normal" he is not like us.
He is off the charts egotistical, immature and can't seem to grasp the concept that he holds the position of the highest office in the world. Everything he does effects millions and millions of people, not just in America but across the globe.
And a person in that position shouldn't be trading jabs with a failed washed up comedian and anyone else who dares to speak against him. He spends waaaaaaay too much time and effort into throwing rocks at his adversaries when there is so much more to do.

---- Having said that ---
I would still take him over anyone the Democrats are offering right now.

He didn't come into office thinking that he would have to be this way.
He expected his Presidency to be accepted by the country as the previous 44 have been.
When FISA courts issued his opponents warrants to spy on his campaign, and those same opponents have staged a three year coup to overturn his election, it has made him a little edgy.

Catch on?

The Clinton economy that ended in a recession?
Yes, all good "economies" end in a recession.

That's the cyclical nature of a capitalist economy.

You know that, right?

I know that, however I don't credit Presidents for good or bad economies.

They don't normally do at lot to positively influence the economy - but they sure can regulate it to death with executive orders.

Forum List

Back