The way to stop illegal immigration is to crack down on employers

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
The most practical way to crack down on illegal immigration is to crack down on the employers. If there are no jobs then the illegal immigrants stop coming and those here will leave.

The employers say they need the cheap labor and cannot get American workers to fill the jobs. The reason the labor is cheap is because the government is paying for their healthcare and social services. The government is subsidizing the businesses that hire the illegal immigrants. This is business welfare.

American business will do disgusting things for cheap labor. In this case they are relying on government subsidies to meet the needs of the workers they cannot afford on the wages paid. Then they complain about taxes being too high. In the past it was slavery.

brilliant peice of dishonest fuckery.. You won't allow employers to check for ID,, you vote down e verify each and every time yet you still want to blame the employer. what a dishonest fuck you are. Kerry On!

Joe Arpaio needs to be in his own lockup for violating the laws of Arizona.

In the meantime, make the knowing employment of illegal employees part of a RICO statute that can imprison supervisors, managers, and owners as well as the auctioning off the company assets.

brilliant peice of dishonest fuckery.. You won't allow employers to check for ID,, you vote down e verify each and every time yet you still want to blame the employer. what a dishonest fuck you are. Kerry On!

I assumed you were a woman. If so, you are certainly a filthy mouthed female dog.

I think Businesses should check ID.

The government needs to reduce costs. That includes unneccessary welfare accross the board including businesses.

The welfare paid to illegal immigrants benefits the businesses as much as the illegal immigrants. It has to stop.

And you are a conservative and you are against reducing welfare.

You are a crazy female dog.

Prosecuting employers and establishing a national ID card has always been the answer to the illegal immigration problem. Put a few employers in jail and you will see the jobs dry up. You will see them streaming across the border in the other direction.
There is no way to round up 13 million people who do not want to be rounded up. There is no way to seal the borders. Eliminating the jobs will eliminate the illegal workers

Wow, ElmerMudd, Willow is going to fall for you if you keep treating her with the whip hand like that.

In the meantime, make the knowing employment of illegal employees part of a RICO statute that can imprison supervisors, managers, and owners as well as the auctioning off the company assets.

I don't disagree w/holding employers responsible and punishing them regarding the hiring of illegals. Why did the dems - and some repubs I'm sure - in congress try to get e-verified dumped? Why do they want to soften terms and call 'illegal aliens' 'undocumented workers'?

Last edited:

I don't disagree w/holding employers responsible and punishing them regarding the hiring of illegals. Why did the dems - and some repubs I'm sure - in congress try to get e-verified dumped? Why do they want to soften terms and call 'illegal aliens' 'undocumented workers'?

Follow the Employers' money trail.

I assumed you were a woman. If so, you are certainly a filthy mouthed female dog.

I think Businesses should check ID.

The government needs to reduce costs. That includes unneccessary welfare accross the board including businesses.

The welfare paid to illegal immigrants benefits the businesses as much as the illegal immigrants. It has to stop.

And you are a conservative and you are against reducing welfare.

You are a crazy female dog.

As someone who works in HR let me preface my post by saying that none of you have any clue what the hell you are talking about. It's easy to say "GET THE EMPLOYER" while totally ignoring every legal restriction that begs for a discrimination lawsuit. On the flip side, you knee jerkers on the right have no tangible solutions outside of screaming about liberals and using talking points either.

the ONE thing that would solve the problem of illegals and employment is this... ready?

Federal I-9s, which validate employment eligibility, need to be taken off of a paper system and NEEDS to use the same type of technology that the debit card system uses. For instance, if I hire Jose after seeing his fake ID I have months to keep him employed until questions about the SS# he is using trickles back down from the dept of revenue. if work eligability IDs were a little more functional than they are now we wouldn't have this issue at all. Here is the scenario: As it is, I ask for 2 forms of ID (which I cannot legally hold preference), take a copy, ask Jose to provide statements of eligibility, he signs and dates the I9and it all gets filed. Meanwhile, Jose just got employed because he created a social security card with a bubble jet printer and photo editing software. He'll work until the office gets notified by DOR and he'll quit and go to the next round of employment. Now, instead of all that stone age red tape employers should be issued little console readers like you find every time you use your debit card at the store. Instead of waiting for verification and trusting Jose to tell the truth we get an immediate feedback assuming Jose matches the face on the photo work ID. the fed tried a neutered form of electronic verification this year with the E-Verify program.. which, to be honest, was a total fucking joke in application. I think Social Security cards need to made of plastic, have a magnetic strip attached that validates citizenship and is directly comparable to the driver's license number (which is on a photo ID).

Blame who you want to. But your silly fucking mudslinging doesn't provide nary a single viable solution.

As someone who works in HR let me preface my post by saying that none of you have any clue what the hell you are talking about. It's easy to say "GET THE EMPLOYER" while totally ignoring every legal restriction that begs for a discrimination lawsuit. On the flip side, you knee jerkers on the right have no tangible solutions outside of screaming about liberals and using talking points either.

the ONE thing that would solve the problem of illegals and employment is this... ready?

Federal I-9s, which validate employment eligibility, need to be taken off of a paper system and NEEDS to use the same type of technology that the debit card system uses. For instance, if I hire Jose after seeing his fake ID I have months to keep him employed until questions about the SS# he is using trickles back down from the dept of revenue. if work eligability IDs were a little more functional than they are now we wouldn't have this issue at all. Here is the scenario: As it is, I ask for 2 forms of ID (which I cannot legally hold preference), take a copy, ask Jose to provide statements of eligibility, he signs and dates the I9and it all gets filed. Meanwhile, Jose just got employed because he created a social security card with a bubble jet printer and photo editing software. He'll work until the office gets notified by DOR and he'll quit and go to the next round of employment. Now, instead of all that stone age red tape employers should be issued little console readers like you find every time you use your debit card at the store. Instead of waiting for verification and trusting Jose to tell the truth we get an immediate feedback assuming Jose matches the face on the photo work ID. the fed tried a neutered form of electronic verification this year with the E-Verify program.. which, to be honest, was a total fucking joke in application. I think Social Security cards need to made of plastic, have a magnetic strip attached that validates citizenship and is directly comparable to the driver's license number (which is on a photo ID).

Blame who you want to. But your silly fucking mudslinging doesn't provide nary a single viable solution.

That is why I say you need to prosecute employers AND have a national ID card. I'm not talking a paper copy Social Security Card, but a card with retinal scans, fingerprints, DNA map or some other positive indication who you are. No card= No job

That is why I say you need to prosecute employers AND have a national ID card. I'm not talking a paper copy Social Security Card, but a card with retinal scans, fingerprints, DNA map or some other positive indication who you are. No card= No job

yea.. but that gets too "mark of the beast" for people to accept. a plastic ss card will go a long way.

yea.. but that gets too "mark of the beast" for people to accept. a plastic ss card will go a long way.

Yea, and finger prints are the "mark of the beast"
If we are unwilling to do what is necessary to identify legal from illegal Americans then lets just make all 13 million illegals citizens. Then we can avoid the "mark of the beast"

If we are unwilling to do what is necessary to identify legal from illegal Americans then lets just make all 13 million illegals citizens. Then we can avoid the "mark of the beast"

I'm not ready to pull a Reagan '86 just yet. Plastic ss cards with debit card-style verification consoles is enough of a babystep to segregate legals from illegals without having to prompt retinal scans and DNA analysis.

I'm not ready to pull a Reagan '86 just yet. Plastic ss cards with debit card-style verification consoles is enough of a babystep to segregate legals from illegals without having to prompt retinal scans and DNA analysis.

I live in New Jersey.
I have to show four forms of ID in order to get a drivers license. We can use the same scrutiny to get a job. If we are going to prosecute employers we need to have an ID card that can't be faked.

Truly seal of the border so that illegal immigration is a managable trickle.

Hammer the businesses and employers. I like Shogun's idea.

Immigration reform. Guys, we are not rounding up 12mm illegals. You rightwingers freak at town hall meetings? The rest of America would freak at the round up and stick you in the detention centers instead. Besides, if the border is sealed, the number of illegals will decline over the years, and their children will be citizens stuck with supporting them.

Works out for everybody.

I live in New Jersey.
I have to show four forms of ID in order to get a drivers license. We can use the same scrutiny to get a job. If we are going to prosecute employers we need to have an ID card that can't be faked.

As a lefty who works in HR I have no disagreement with that sentiment. the biggest flaw in the finger pointing at this point in time is the absolute archaic nature of issued SS cards. I mean, I have literally seen hundreds of "cards" that were obviously printed on a bubble jet printer and have had to avoid discrimination lawsuits based on the authentication of ID. It's very similar to carding minors for alcohol, really.

Truly seal of the border so that illegal immigration is a managable trickle.

Hammer the businesses and employers. I like Shogun's idea.

Immigration reform. Guys, we are not rounding up 12mm illegals. You rightwingers freak at town hall meetings? The rest of America would freak at the round up and stick you in the detention centers instead. Besides, if the border is sealed, the number of illegals will decline over the years, and their children will be citizens stuck with supporting them.

Works out for everybody.

My other radical idea is to confiscate 100 miles of mexican land south of the rio grande until Mexico stops sending their unwanteds to the US. It's like a neighbor letting his dog shit on your yard. Mexico has no actual desire, or incentive, to retain their pauper class. If we used confiscated mexican land as a buffer where illegals are sent to earn American citizenship by protecting the American border we'd shoot about 4 birds with one stone.

Im a little surprised we haven't done something like this anyway considering all the drug trafficking that goes on. Alqueda can'tbe any more of a direct threat over in iraq than mexican cartels that have a choke hold on the Mexican government. Using military force against cartels would move security assets to the southern border and also clear up importing mexicos drugs... and I say that with the full desire to see marijuana legal and produced in America for American consumption.

Forum List

Back