Zone1 The West is losing its belief in religion, will that have a negative impact on societies future?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
As the titles suggests. If we abandon G-d, what will we worship in his place? We may not view it as false idolatry but it would seem so to me. In a.G-dless society can we reasonably expect our nations to remain free and moral?

As the titles suggests. If we abandon G-d, what will we worship in his place? We may not view it as false idolatry but it would seem so to me. In a.G-dless society can we reasonably expect our nations to remain free and moral?

What's the purpose of religion for the average Joe?

I'd say it's about creating a fantasy world in which to live in. It's also a source of power which kept people down/organized, however you want to put.

The modern world has entertainment to keep people occupied, people are creating their own fantasy worlds through politics too.

In terms of morals, are we saying the less religious a country, the less the morality of the people?

Least religious countries.

1) China. Has a murder rate of about 0.5 per 100,000 people, about 12 times lower than the US's rate. Main cities are safe, there are few, if no, no go zones.

2) Sweden. Safe, not as safe as China, but safe, the drivers stop if you even look like you're going to cross the crosswalk. They seem to be very moral people.

I don't equate lack of religion with a lack of morality. Some of the worst murder rates in the world are countries with a lot of religion. Latin America, for example.

Forum List

Back