🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The worst movies you have ever paid to see.

Easily the worst movie ever made....from 1971....47 years later I my lip still curls when I think about it...Sample line: "What are you trying to do...blow my mind"?
casty.gif

e5b98b8ec5b0414db2360bbc6274908b--movie-posters-taylors.jpg
When it comes to bad movies, I would put Plan Nine from Outer Space by Ed Wood as the very worst. It was so bad, it took 3 years before Wood found a distributor and today it's consider a classic because it is so bad.

It stars Bela Lugosi who was said to be living on skid row at the time. You can't recognize him because he keeps his face covered. Watch the movie and you'll understand why. Most of the actors didn't get paid because there was no budget. Ed Wood seems to have made up the story as he shot it.

Ed Wood? Bella Lugosi ( Martin Landau) wresting with a huge rubber Octopus...that was a hilarious film. "Plan 9 from outer space", way before my time, but I did watch it all the way through on cable a few years ago. The poor editing, the ham acting, the over the top special effects...

Have you seen the movie "Ed Wood" produced by Time Burton and staring Johnny Depp. It got some good reviews and is worth watching for any old movie fan or a Johnny Depp fan. The parts about Plan Nine From Outer Space are really funny. It's hard to believe that anyone would actually make this stuff.

Easily the worst movie ever made....from 1971....47 years later I my lip still curls when I think about it...Sample line: "What are you trying to do...blow my mind"?
casty.gif

When it comes to bad movies, I would put Plan Nine from Outer Space by Ed Wood as the very worst. It was so bad, it took 3 years before Wood found a distributor and today it's consider a classic because it is so bad.

It stars Bela Lugosi who was said to be living on skid row at the time. You can't recognize him because he keeps his face covered. Watch the movie and you'll understand why. Most of the actors didn't get paid because there was no budget. Ed Wood seems to have made up the story as he shot it.

Ed Wood? Bella Lugosi ( Martin Landau) wresting with a huge rubber Octopus...that was a hilarious film. "Plan 9 from outer space", way before my time, but I did watch it all the way through on cable a few years ago. The poor editing, the ham acting, the over the top special effects...

Have you seen the movie "Ed Wood" produced by Time Burton and staring Johnny Depp. It got some good reviews and is worth watching for any old movie fan or a Johnny Depp fan. The parts about Plan Nine From Outer Space are really funny. It's hard to believe that anyone would actually make this stuff.

I loved that flick, it was more about hollyweirdness . Now I mention another film I ABSOLUTLY LOVE even now, set in that same time frame, LA Confidential. Even more hollyweirdness but in a telling way. Great film Russell Crow and Guy Pearce both aussies and great actors. We need more movies like them , just the antithesis of this thread.

casty.gif

I loved that flick, it was more about hollyweirdness . Now I mention another film I ABSOLUTLY LOVE even now, set in that same time frame, LA Confidential. Even more hollyweirdness but in a telling way. Great film Russell Crow and Guy Pearce both aussies and great actors. We need more movies like them , just the antithesis of this thread.

Do you have a link to this movie? There seems to be multiple movies with this title?

Star Wars! Walked out.

Loved Garp.

Hated it. I left feeling abused.
World according to Garp? Good film yes, I liked better Williams in "What dreams may come" , especially since I just read though Dante's inferno a week earlier. And before that Greek tales of heroes rescuing his damned mate from the eternal flames, something so romantic about that.

Last edited:
Star Wars! Walked out.

Loved Garp.

Hated it. I left feeling abused.
World according to Garp? Good film yes, I liked better Williams in "What dreams may come" , especially since I just read though Dante's inferno a week earlier. And before that Greek tales of heroes rescuing his damned mate from the eternal flames, something so romantic about that.

Ugh! Garp was terrible. I didn't walk out because at the time I was a huge fan of Robin Williams. I kept hoping it would get better.

I haven't paid to see a movie in at least 30 years. No reason to do so. They all get on TV or the net in short order. None of them are anything like as much fun as going shooting or hunting, so why waste the money? I"ve never been to pay to go ball game or concert in my life, and never will, either. I hate paying to enter a gun show, even, and only do so when I"m certain to find what I went there to buy.

I haven't paid to see a movie in at least 30 years. No reason to do so. They all get on TV or the net in short order. None of them are anything like as much fun as going shooting or hunting, so why waste the money? I"ve never been to pay to go ball game or concert in my life, and never will, either. I hate paying to enter a gun show, even, and only do so when I"m certain to find what I went there to buy.

Where do you take your dates?

Or is that a sore subject

Movies were made for the big big screen. To me, they never seem quite the same in my living room.

Lethal Weapon 3.
Couldn't take that annoying Joe Pesci and walked out.
Can't believe the crap is a series now.

Couldn't take Armageddon either. Worst Hollywood tripe ever.I hated Aerosmith after that soundtrack.

YES!! Thank you. Armageddon was the most hyperactive, visual jump-cut, motion sickness movie I've ever seen. Every scene in the movie lasted 1.3 seconds. It was like having a jackhammer in my brain for two hours.

Star Trek 2009. Besides being the most deliberately stupified, childish, plot-hole-ridden disgrace, it had the most painfully bad production values I've ever seen in a big budget movie. I couldn't tell you how it ended (or care) because it was such a torture I walked out in the last half hour; at that point I figured that however much I paid to get into the theater, it was worth more to get out. Ever since then I've felt an explosion of rage every time I see that idiot Jar Jar Abrams' smug, arrogant, leering face. With his penis-headed nose sticking out, symbolic of how he's all about fucking ST and SW.
You walked out of Star Trek or Star Wars???

If it's disgraceful and stupid enough and reeks of enough cynical arrogance on the part of the filmmakers, yes I sure do.

Lethal Weapon 3.

Couldn't take Armageddon either. Worst Hollywood tripe ever.I hated Aerosmith after that soundtrack.

YES!! Thank you. Armageddon was the most hyperactive, visual jump-cut, motion sickness movie I've ever seen. Every scene in the movie lasted 1.3 seconds. It was like having a jackhammer in my brain for two hours.
Perfect description. I usually get hated for trashing that movie, but it's deserved.
I couldn't get past them flying the shuttle like an airplane in atmosphere.

Lethal Weapon 3.

Perfect description. I usually get hated for trashing that movie, but it's deserved.

Every one of the space scenes made me seasick because no scene lasted long enough for me to know what was going on. It was a stuttering loop of so many millions of shots, I truly believe that the makers' intention was to completely assault the audience's physical seses....as opposed to telling an interesting story and giving enough character development to care about the people in it.

Lethal Weapon 3.

Every one of the space scenes made me seasick because no scene lasted long enough for me to know what was going on. It was a stuttering loop of so many millions of shots, I truly believe that the makers' intention was to completely assault the audience's physical seses....as opposed to telling an interesting story and giving enough character development to care about the people in it.
My bet is the camera man and editor once worked for MTV.

Anyone who doesn't like a Quinton Tarantino movie, should leave the country.

Except Jackie Brown. I didn't like that movie.

Jackie Brown? Oh shit, now we have to fight! LOL! You gotta get into the groove of the music, definitely for this Q movie. I'll bring a bottle of tequila. Really, try the movie again, it is really good.

One truly does wonder how some of these ever got out of the proposal stage, let alone received financing to be made.
Too many contenders for worst for me. Saw the latest "Avengers" yesterday and found the one and only interesting thing about it was they dared to show the "super heroes" losing and the "bad guy" winning.
Hey, could that have been some kind of commentary on the current state of ...
Naw!

All of those superhero movies bore the crap out of me. If you don't count Deadpool, I haven't seen more than two of them and one being the Batman with Heath Leger. I've just never been a fan of superheros.
Deadpool rocks!

I haven't been to the movies for more than ten years....

I would not pay a cent for going to the movies today.

It's all shit.

I see old films or documentaries ....at home.

Hollywood is dead.

That's too bad. The theaters have been cleaned up, the seats are awesome and are adjustable and if you pick a really cool flick, the sound is amazing. Sneak in some popcorn and a "beverage" of your choice and you are good to go.

what are the worst movies you have ever seen and wished you’d not spent the money.

Mine, in no particular order:

A Star is Born, with Barbara Streisand

Star Wars Episode VII

Chariots of Fire

The World According to Garp
Excellent thread you started. Thank you PF.

Forum List

Back