Theater won't show gone with the win calling film " insensitive"

ā€œGone With the Windā€ will be gone from The Orpheumā€™s summer movie series, the theaterā€™s board said Friday.

Theater Wonā€™t Show ā€˜Gone With the Wind,ā€™ Calling Film ā€˜Insensitiveā€™
--------------------------------------------------------------

You leftist lunatics are seriously clipped and have mental issues beyond nay help , move out of the US as soon as possible.

Sorry, idiot but this is all very in line with the original concept of majority rules. Do you not read the original article, or just listen to that fat head Alex Jones wail about it?
The Orpheum is a privately owned theatre. YOU DO observe the rights of property owners to do as they please, right?

""""""The Orpheum Theatre Group decided not to include the 1939 movie about a plantation in the Civil War-era South in its 2018 Summer Movie Series after feedback from patrons following the last screening Aug. 11.

ā€œAs an organization whose stated mission is to ā€˜entertain, educate and enlighten the communities it servesā€™, the Orpheum cannot show a film that is insensitive to a large segment of its local population,ā€ the theaterā€™s operators said in a statement.

Memphisā€™ population is about 64 percent African-American.""""

I'm not your idiot , you are the idiot remember that.

ā€œGone With the Windā€ will be gone from The Orpheumā€™s summer movie series, the theaterā€™s board said Friday.

You leftist lunatics are seriously clipped and have mental issues beyond nay help , move out of the US as soon as possible.

Sorry, idiot but this is all very in line with the original concept of majority rules. Do you not read the original article, or just listen to that fat head Alex Jones wail about it?
The Orpheum is a privately owned theatre. YOU DO observe the rights of property owners to do as they please, right?

""""""The Orpheum Theatre Group decided not to include the 1939 movie about a plantation in the Civil War-era South in its 2018 Summer Movie Series after feedback from patrons following the last screening Aug. 11.

ā€œAs an organization whose stated mission is to ā€˜entertain, educate and enlighten the communities it servesā€™, the Orpheum cannot show a film that is insensitive to a large segment of its local population,ā€ the theaterā€™s operators said in a statement.

And when things go right over and idiots head, that's why we have MORONS who keep voting in other morons like Obama and Clinton.

upload_2017-8-26_13-27-2.png

An excuse, it can be seen anywhere, anytime; rental is cheap.
What happens when lib haters have it removed from rental?

Saying "Damn" was really considered insensitive when the movie came out.

true-----that part should be spliced out-------for the sake of propriety
Frankly my dear, I don't give a BEEEP

how about "Frankly my dear, I don't give a hush-puppy"??? " chunk 'o chitlin'? "
Now I'm hungry.

oh----sorry-------good I did not mention fried chicken

Saying "Damn" was really considered insensitive when the movie came out.

true-----that part should be spliced out-------for the sake of propriety
Frankly my dear, I don't give a BEEEP

how about "Frankly my dear, I don't give a hush-puppy"??? " chunk 'o chitlin'? "
Now I'm hungry.

oh----sorry-------good I did not mention fried chicken
Yes, on top of being racist, that would really make me hungry.

Perhaps the real problem is the brain's preoccupation with sex.

Theater revenue down 50% compared to last August.......oooooooops
Why go to theaters when people have home theater systems that rival big sceen experience?
Most people are that rich eh.....who knew
And most people living in first world countries have smart phones too. Well, at least in my little bubble.
I doubt most home theaters rival a real theater.......light yrs ahead of TV's of say 10 yrs ago....= to movie theater....yeah no.....perhaps something else is going on......like....oh I dont know........maybe the constant hate flowing from Hollywood for their customers

the move is symbolic------it is DESTRUCTION OF ART (even if the thing still exists------)
----I shall---with SELF RIGHTEOUS ZEAL <<yaaay me>>>> LOUDLY OBJECT

Good, censorship does -0- for this nation.

the move is symbolic------it is DESTRUCTION OF ART (even if the thing still exists------)
----I shall---with SELF RIGHTEOUS ZEAL <<yaaay me>>>> LOUDLY OBJECT

Not-showing a movie is "destruction"? :wtf:

yes------the movie itself is ART-------it was an over-reaching theatrical project
for its time. --------was breaking the nose of the MADONNA of the pieta in rome
not DESTRUCTION OF ART? --------the nosey could be re made----but the symbolism
of a human actually DEFILING it ----is with us FOREVER

Interesting you had to go all the way to Roma to avoid the question.

Once again --- HOW is not showing a movie ----- "destruction"?

You know what, I don't happen to have a movie theater right here on my front lawn. It's not-showing "Gone With the Wind" right now as we speak. Matter of fact it's not showing any movie at all. Is it "destroying" all movies then?

Because I'd like to take credit....

SYMBOLIC--------like disallowing the singing of JINGLE BELLS on during the
Christmas season in kindergarten on RELIGIOUS GROUNDS

Nope. Number one, nobody's "disalowing" jack squat, and number two, "Jingle Bells" is about winter transportation, nothing to do with "religious grounds". Or even RELIGIOUS grounds, and I can hear just fine, thank you very much.

That's the delicious irony of this thread and its OP, so slavish a parrot of Alex John Brinkley Jones that she names herself after him --- they melt into puddles like clockwork about Da Eebil Gummint and Da Eebil CFR and Da Eebil Big Brother, and here they are whining that Da Eebil Gummint isn't forcing a private enterprise to do their bidding.

Complete anal cranial.

OP can't even spell the movie's title --- "gone with the win" (all lower case). But it is a handy phrase that aptly describes so much over the last half a year.

What happens when lib haters have it removed from rental?

Ask for it daily. Censorship is evil.

Forum List

Back