Theocracy In America--Who wants this?

Which means..what? That even though it's illegal we should encourage our children to have sex?

Child marriage is a world wide phenomena.

I suppose that depends on the manner in which one defines "children." Marriage of prepubescent children is not so worldwide a phenomenon as is the marriage of biological adults who happen to be legal minors, though it does still exist, as the recent case in Yemen illustrated. But I find that individuals who focus on the advent of "child marriage," often in brutal religious societies, seem to focus more on the age of the participants rather than the fact that the marriage is coerced in the case of "child" or adult brides.

Which means..what? That even though it's illegal we should encourage our children to have sex?

You're reading more into my statement then is there.

Here's a resource:

Child marriage disproportionately affects girls and is found nearly everywhere. It is particularly widespread in South Asia and in sub-Saharan Africa, where more than half of the girls in some countries are married by the time they are 18.

Girls are forced to be married by their parents or male abductors for various economic and cultural reasons.

UNICEF has publicly labelled child marriage as a human rights violation and is working to combat the practice by developing education programmes and empowering local human rights organisations in regions where the practice is widespread.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/people/features/ihavearightto/four_b/casestudy_art16.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you support the idea of child marriage? Or in your world, do girls have rights aside from being the property of old men for sexual purposes?

Stupid question. You know the answer to that.

I thought this thread was about theocracy. Does this mean that the idea that the U.S. is becoming a theocracy has been thoroughly debunked?

I thought this thread was about theocracy. Does this mean that the idea that the U.S. is becoming a theocracy has been thoroughly debunked?

Nope. It just means that you and everyone else like to take it off topic.

Thanks for conveniently overlooking the fact that it was our dimwitted friend Allie who raised that topic. :rolleyes:

That happens even when she starts a thread herself, or takes the thread off topic, lol.

STML?

Forum List

Back