Theory of evolution question

We were discussing origins, i.e., the "simple cell", which is far from simple.

That is an old red herring. Evolution is the science which describes how life adapts and changes from simpler to more complex forms. The formation of proteins and amino acids into polypeptides and into primitive one celled organisms is ancillary to the study of evolution. Prokaryotic cells would be the starting point for a legitimate study of evolution. The first life on earth was bacteria, there is ample evidence to support this. How did bacteria eventually become men? That is what the study of evolution is about. (some women would claim bacteria is more developed.)

It's even simpler to say it just happened.

Who is saying that? Evolution is a complex, iterative process. I will acknowledge this though, there is an intelligence to evolution. Adaptation means that there is some sort of grasp of the environment. What that intelligence is, I have no clue. It isn't an old goat herder looking to punish sinners. but there is some mechanism that makes animals in colder climates develop thicker coats and heavier fat layers, and there is no fossil support for the idea of trial and error from random mutation. Life evolves in specific directions.

The odds of 2,000 proteins magically evolving into a single cell are on par with the odds of buying 1,000 consecutive wining Powerball tickets.

Generally people that don't understand or believe evolution are looking for a black and white answer. The universe is far more complicated but they reject complicated.

This is why believing in a 'god' is so attractive. One thing, you believe, and no more thinking. Simple.
Sweet irony. Someone using the handle Isaac Newton, a deeply religious Christian, says believing in God ceases thinking.

That is an old red herring. Evolution is the science which describes how life adapts and changes from simpler to more complex forms. The formation of proteins and amino acids into polypeptides and into primitive one celled organisms is ancillary to the study of evolution. Prokaryotic cells would be the starting point for a legitimate study of evolution. The first life on earth was bacteria, there is ample evidence to support this. How did bacteria eventually become men? That is what the study of evolution is about. (some women would claim bacteria is more developed.)
That's a evasion and not an answer. Bacteria began how? Became complex organisms, how?

Who is saying that? Evolution is a complex, iterative process. I will acknowledge this though, there is an intelligence to evolution. Adaptation means that there is some sort of grasp of the environment. What that intelligence is, I have no clue. It isn't an old goat herder looking to punish sinners. but there is some mechanism that makes animals in colder climates develop thicker coats and heavier fat layers, and there is no fossil support for the idea of trial and error from random mutation. Life evolves in specific directions.
The odds of 2,000 proteins magically evolving into a single cell are on par with the odds of buying 1,000 consecutive wining Powerball tickets.
Anything but God is possible!

People like that believe that a tornado can blow through a wrecking yard and leave a fully functional 767 in it's wake.

Some say that we have evolved from more primitive primates. If that is true, with the exception of some political groups, why aren't primates still evolving into people?
An introduction to evolution

I'm a creationist because I don't understand evolution, please explain it like I'm 5 :) • www.reddit.com
Very entertaining explanation of evolution from Berserkly University. Life started as a tree, and leaves falling from a tree proves evolution.
How much meth do I need to take before I can grasp that "science"?

Some say that we have evolved from more primitive primates. If that is true, with the exception of some political groups, why aren't primates still evolving into people?

I'm a creationist because I don't understand evolution, please explain it like I'm 5 :) • www.reddit.com
Very entertaining explanation of evolution from Berserkly University. Life started as a tree, and leaves falling from a tree proves evolution.
The 2nd link that explains it as if the reader is a 5 year old is probably more appropriate for you.

The 2nd link that explains it as if the reader is a 5 year old is probably more appropriate for you.
Do tell us how leaves falling from a tree prove evolution.

Do tell us how leaves falling from a tree prove evolution.
You wouldn't be able to read it with your head shoved so far up your ass

The libtard thinks 5 year olds can read.

Anything but God is possible!
He is possible

Provide your scientific analysis to support your hypothesis

That's a evasion and not an answer. Bacteria began how? Became complex organisms, how?
Evolution is science, not theology.

How life originated is irrelevant to the study of evolution.

If it makes you happy to say god created life, have at. It changes the study of evolution in no way at all.
More evasion. I said I believe in evolution. My question that you hoped in on was about origins. The word 'evolution' apparently gave you a seizure.

People like that believe that a tornado can blow through a wrecking yard and leave a fully functional 767 in it's wake.

These ludicrous memes just never die once the internet tucks them under its unshaved armpit.

It would be more like a tornado sweeping through a junkyard, two pieces of wood slam together in the shape of a fuselage and wing, and it has the ability, over the next 3 billion years, to slowly modify itself into a more complex form.

Life is a dynamic force that can start as a few amino acids in some gop, and 3 billion years later it has mutated into more complex forms. The physical/chemical processes are all that is needed, no magic.

Ignorants that believe the world is 6,000 years old cannot even for the slightest of moments understand what 3 billion years is. And that is the problem.

Is a billyon more than say a hunerd?

Who says they aren't? Human evolution isn't appreciable on the time scale of a human lifetime or many hundreds of human lifetimes. Humans are basically the same as they were during the Paleolithic Period.
Just a little more snazzy dressers now...

Forum List

Back