Left-wing ideology founded this nation.
Are you saying "Left-wing ideology" favors small government, individuality and the right of self-defense against people and governments alike?
It did then, and liberalism still stands for that. That's not right-wind (they liked the King).
Agreed it did then and also agreed it was the conservatives who were Tories. OTOH, I disagree Liberalism stands for it now. Now Liberalism stands for letting the Elites run the show because they know best.

Both political parties are highly authoritarian. Sure, like you and the RWers here, many will give lip-service to "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness", but when it comes down to it, both want increased powers to say "No, you can't do that".
9rppflh.jpg
The definition of liberalism has not changed. People just don't know what it means and misuse it.
So you believe in natural rights? You were just denouncing natural rights.
Natural rights don't exist, but rights granted by liberals like me do. That's what you have.

Are you saying "Left-wing ideology" favors small government, individuality and the right of self-defense against people and governments alike?
It did then, and liberalism still stands for that. That's not right-wind (they liked the King).
Agreed it did then and also agreed it was the conservatives who were Tories. OTOH, I disagree Liberalism stands for it now. Now Liberalism stands for letting the Elites run the show because they know best.

Both political parties are highly authoritarian. Sure, like you and the RWers here, many will give lip-service to "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness", but when it comes down to it, both want increased powers to say "No, you can't do that".
9rppflh.jpg
The definition of liberalism has not changed. People just don't know what it means and misuse it.
So you believe in natural rights? You were just denouncing natural rights.
Natural rights don't exist, but rights granted by liberals like me do. That's what you have.
So you have nothing in common with the liberals who founded this country.

You really can't seem to make up your mind whether you're one of them or not.

[
Man has the rights granted by liberals, at least here that's true.

So if we took you into the desert away from your "liberal" massahs, you you would lose your right to speech, religion, arming yourself for protection?

:rofl:

Are you sure you've thought this through, Herr Himmler?
Actually, if some Hitleresque Democrat came to power and eliminated all those rights, Righty would have no argument against it.

[

So if we took you into the desert away from your "liberal" massahs, you you would lose your right to speech, religion, arming yourself for protection?

When I'm out the US, I am no longer protected by the Constitution unless I am in a US territory. I might have human rights, granted by another nation, but that's the end of that.

You have no right to free speech in - Paris. You are under French law then.

Natural rights are bullshit. They don't exist. But rights granted by liberals do. That's what you have.

That you view liberalism as "bullshit" is not surprising, you are a fascist, after all.
RightyTighty sure is funny. These are the people who claim to be the direct ideological descendants of the Founding Fathers, yet they condemn everything the Founders stood for.
Ah. no.
Ah, yes. You just got done saying that you are against the concept of natural rights.

[

Actually, if some Hitleresque Democrat came to power and eliminated all those rights, Righty would have no argument against it.
We have a new Dear Leader, who wants to be the Orange King. And I have a lot of problems with that but there is something to be said for a benevolent dictatorship - they don't get fucked up in the politics like we do.

[

When I'm out the US, I am no longer protected by the Constitution unless I am in a US territory. I might have human rights, granted by another nation, but that's the end of that.

What if you are a homosexual in Iran and government goons are dragging you up a 10 story building so they can throw you off?
What rights do you have?

Last edited:
[

Especially you, Nazi boi....
I know what it means. Now you tell us, what's wrong with it? The Founders thought it so fucking good they founded this nation using it.

"Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others; but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in “Common Sense” (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power."

So you are the polar opposite of a liberal, and you oppose the most fundamental precept of liberalism which is natural rights. :thup:

You really are just a troll, aren't you?

Natural rights are bullshit. They don't exist. But rights granted by liberals do. That's what you have.

That you view liberalism as "bullshit" is not surprising, you are a fascist, after all.
RightyTighty sure is funny. These are the people who claim to be the direct ideological descendants of the Founding Fathers, yet they condemn everything the Founders stood for.
Ah. no.
Ah, yes. You just got done saying that you are against the concept of natural rights.
There are no natural rights. And liberalism doesn't need them or even the concept of them. Freedom of speech is - common sense.

[

We have a new Dear Leader, who wants to be the Orange King. And I have a lot of problems with that but there is something to be said for a benevolent dictatorship - they don't get fucked up in the politics like we do.
ROFL! Some "liberal" you are.

Ah. no.
There are no natural rights. And liberalism doesn't need them or even the concept of them. Freedom of speech is - common sense.

What's sensical about it? Snowflakes argue all the time that I don't have the right to offend them.

[

Just because I'm a liberal doesn't mean I can't see an even better way to do things. Democracy and capitalism suck, they're also the best we have in most cases.

What if you are a homosexual in Iran and government are dragging you up a 10 story building so they can throw you off?
What rights do you have?
Certainly not natural ones. They are throwing you to your death so that's out the window (literally).
So you are saying that the government isn't violating anyone's rights when they throw homosexuals off the top of tall buildings?

Do you see the problem with your "logic?"

If you are out of the USA, then the government of the country you are in may not be restrained from INFRINGING the rights that you naturally poses, but no one "takes" them. The rights are there by nature, thugs might infringe on your rights, but they neither grant nor revoke rights.

[

Just because I'm a liberal doesn't mean I can't see an even better way to do things. Democracy and capitalism suck, they're also the best we have in most cases.
You're admitting that you have absolutely no principles.

Forum List

Back