There is an active shooter at a Florida Highschool

Okay, let's start somewhere.
Do you agree that children in our society are bathed in gun violence through media and video games? Graphic depictions of human beings being killed with guns?
Would you oppose strictly limiting those graphic depictions in movies, games and using general societal disapproval to teach children that guns are not for taking human life?
teach children that guns are not for taking human life?
Yes.
What about strict limits on movies, television shows and video games that portray human on human gun violence?
No. That should fall on the parents. Not all kids are mentally weak enough to be deluded by fantasy.
Not to mention, adults enjoy that stuff too.
Besides, i think the bigger problem is the violence itself. The gun is just a tool used for the bigger scheme of things.
In order to solve a problem you dont understand, you will have to think outside the box. This simple, egregious thinking wont get us anywhere.
What is your out of the box thinking, since you understand the problem so well?

The FBI was warned about this kid back in September.......he had all the signs.....lack of a father, single mother raising him till she died 2 months ago......obvious social media examples showing fascination with mass murder.....the kids who knew him predicted this....there needs to be new techniques for dealing with these known threats...
I agree. I also agree with giving local cops the right to take the guns from a person like this who has come up on their radar. A quick hearing to sort it out would follow. Similar but probably broader than the current legislation in California which gives family members the right to request a relative's guns be removed by law enforcement when there are serious mental health concerns. It is rapidly followed by a full hearing where the gun owner can show the court there is no reason for concern.
I agree taking guns from these folks is a good step in the right direction.

From what I'm hearing, a decent background check into his school record should have prevented the transaction - why did it not?

The kid is clearly deranged. Several students who knew him said that they weren't at all surprised.

Anyone who posts on social media that they're "going to be a professional school shooter" after being expelled from a school needs to be disarmed and institutionalized. The FBI looked into it and did nothing. Sad.

Florida school gunman 'vowed massacre in YouTube comments LAST YEAR'

Bomb making wont be that tricky if it became the norm
Do you even realize how stupid this line of argument is?
Do you build bombs for fun and pleasure in your garage? Do you go set them off in the cow pasture on Sundays for recreation?
Just because we know to buy fertilizer, what then? How do you set it off? How much poop do you need to blow up a building the size of the federal building in OK?
I have a feeling if nutcases couldn't go to the sporting goods store and purchase a rifle, they would just grumble and grouse and dream of mayhem rather than committing it. 99% of the time, anyway. Even making AR15's illegal isn't going to solve the problem 100%.
Pogo is right--it isn't simply a matter of outlawing this gun or that, or making it harder to own one. There is a lot more to it, in many different areas: law enforcement, media, figuring out why in hell so many people are going off the rails and supporting solutions that prevent it. Nothing is going to change over night. It's not a magic wand solution. But we have to get started or we'll never get anywhere.
Its not stupid. It if became a norm, materials and knowledge would be more accessible. Hek, we have books that show how to make bombs out of 3 ingredients.
I agree with the last part. Banning guns and ammo is fucking retarded. It wont do anything.
To get started, you have to have somewhere to start. Where is that starting position?
Banning guns and ammo is fucking retarded.
That's not what I said. I said it is only part of the answer. And I didn't say all guns and ammo. Just AR-15 type rifles and high capacity magazines would be a big help. There is no justification for civilian ownership of that type of gun. It has turned our streets, our schools, our movie theaters and churches into a war zone, because it is a gun designed to kill as many humans as possible as quickly as possible.
THE GODDAMN CONSTITUTION
You wont fix a goddamn thing with critical thinking skills of a fucking pre-K student.
The Constitution doesn't say what type of weapons are allowed. Speech which can be harmful to others is legally, constitutionally, banned. Why can't certain types of "arms" be banned as well?
Really, TN, I expected plenty of name calling today, but not from you.
It doesnt have to. Its very specific. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Its not my fault if you cant read.
Please show me what words are banned in the COTUS :rolleyes:
And i wouldnt have judge your lack of critical thinking if this wasnt just a bunch of knee jerk bullshit that we go through every fucking time.
Get the states to change our constitution or STFU

Bomb making wont be that tricky if it became the norm
Do you build bombs for fun and pleasure in your garage? Do you go set them off in the cow pasture on Sundays for recreation?
Just because we know to buy fertilizer, what then? How do you set it off? How much poop do you need to blow up a building the size of the federal building in OK?
I have a feeling if nutcases couldn't go to the sporting goods store and purchase a rifle, they would just grumble and grouse and dream of mayhem rather than committing it. 99% of the time, anyway. Even making AR15's illegal isn't going to solve the problem 100%.
Pogo is right--it isn't simply a matter of outlawing this gun or that, or making it harder to own one. There is a lot more to it, in many different areas: law enforcement, media, figuring out why in hell so many people are going off the rails and supporting solutions that prevent it. Nothing is going to change over night. It's not a magic wand solution. But we have to get started or we'll never get anywhere.
Its not stupid. It if became a norm, materials and knowledge would be more accessible. Hek, we have books that show how to make bombs out of 3 ingredients.
I agree with the last part. Banning guns and ammo is fucking retarded. It wont do anything.
To get started, you have to have somewhere to start. Where is that starting position?
That's not what I said.
that’s what they hear. And that’s part of the problem. They’re not going to want to take the right action, if any action at all, when they can’t even hear the argument.

Leftards instantly blame the gun . never mind the DRUGS these kids are put on that can have the side affect of " Desire to kill".

Okay, let's start somewhere.
Do you agree that children in our society are bathed in gun violence through media and video games? Graphic depictions of human beings being killed with guns?
Would you oppose strictly limiting those graphic depictions in movies, games and using general societal disapproval to teach children that guns are not for taking human life?
Yes.
What about strict limits on movies, television shows and video games that portray human on human gun violence?
No. That should fall on the parents. Not all kids are mentally weak enough to be deluded by fantasy.
Besides, i think the bigger problem is the violence itself. The gun is just a tool used for the bigger scheme of things.
In order to solve a problem you dont understand, you will have to think outside the box. This simple, egregious thinking wont get us anywhere.
I dont or i would have a solution. I seem to be the one of the few HONEST people that will admit they dont fully understand it. Punishing 99.99986% of the population for the actions of a few is immoral. It also doesnt work. It is also totalitarian. It also goes against what our country was founded on. It also goes against the Constitution. It also goes against logic.
The law abiding will be punished while its just another day for the criminals.
I HONESTLY told you what I thought would help.
Why you call that lying, I don't understand.

That's not what I said. I said it is only part of the answer. And I didn't say all guns and ammo. Just AR-15 type rifles and high capacity magazines would be a big help. There is no justification for civilian ownership of that type of gun. It has turned our streets, our schools, our movie theaters and churches into a war zone, because it is a gun designed to kill as many humans as possible as quickly as possible.
THE GODDAMN CONSTITUTION
You wont fix a goddamn thing with critical thinking skills of a fucking pre-K student.
The Constitution doesn't say what type of weapons are allowed. Speech which can be harmful to others is legally, constitutionally, banned. Why can't certain types of "arms" be banned as well?
It doesnt have to. Its very specific. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Its not my fault if you cant read.
And i wouldnt have judge your lack of critical thinking if this wasnt just a bunch of knee jerk bullshit that we go through every fucking time.
Idiot... go scream “fire” in a theater and bitch about your 1st Amendment rights being violated to the cop arresting you.

You’re a fucking rightard. You’re comparing killing multiple people with guns with killing individuals with knives. You might as well compare apples with oranges. :cuckoo:

No, shit stain.....what I am doing is showing that it isn't the number of dead that you care about.....since knives actually murder a lot more people than mass public shooters do.........since 1982.....you only care about the gun........and clubs and empty hands murder more people than mass public shooters do each year as well...and you don't care about those methods either.......the body count is higher, but you don't care...
Knives have a purpose outside of killing people.

Meaning what exactly?
Meaning what stupid fuck you bare for asking.

Evidently you buy into the argument that Dumbass Ray made in that knives kill people & why aren't they banned.

If you don't get it, you are too fucking stupid to get anything outside of Trumpworld.

Please make sense so that I can respond.
Obviously, you are beyond help.

Yes.
I dont or i would have a solution. I seem to be the one of the few HONEST people that will admit they dont fully understand it. Punishing 99.99986% of the population for the actions of a few is immoral. It also doesnt work. It is also totalitarian. It also goes against what our country was founded on. It also goes against the Constitution. It also goes against logic.
The law abiding will be punished while its just another day for the criminals.
I HONESTLY told you what I thought would help.
Why you call that lying, I don't understand.
yes. Your idea was genius. BAsically, the same thing we hear every time. Regulate regulate regulate.
This shooting wouldnt have happened if the govt wasnt a complete failure. Why you idiots want to give them MORE power blows my fucking mind.
THINK

THE GODDAMN CONSTITUTION
Idiot... go scream “fire” in a theater and bitch about your 1st Amendment rights being violated to the cop arresting you.
Show me where the COTUS banned those words.

Turd was a resist/antifa/commie. Like all of them, a menace. View attachment 176830

Mine was post . #

1135 . The SOB does look ike an ANTIFA fk to doesn't he. Stupid fks act like they are fighting Communism but to stupid to figure out they are Communism lol. View attachment 176832
Hes sporting commue branding on his shirt. Antifa are the lower functioning useful idiots. Mentally ill kids used by Obama and soros against us the same way the nazis used them against the jews.
You mean the ROTC shirt? The Army ball cap? The Army beanie?

Who here actually believes that if you make something illegal, that a murderer is going to be afraid to obtain it because it is illegal? :D
Here we go again. Yet another ignorant stupid argument.

If assault type rifles were still banned, there isa good change that 19 year old buyer would be caught trying to buy one. Or he would be seen toting it around. Arrested prior to anyone getting shot.

Why can't you NRA morons have a a good argument? Think about it.

Leftards instantly blame the gun . never mind the DRUGS these kids are put on that can have the side affect of " Desire to kill".
STFU already with your fake news. You have zero knowledge if Cruz was on any such drugs.

THE GODDAMN CONSTITUTION
Put me on iggy. I'm not shutting up for you or anyone else.
But I won't be listening to anymore of your horseshit.

STFU already with your fake news. You have zero knowledge if Cruz was on any such drugs.
Forgive her. It was on Fox this a.m. Another day dawns with Fox raising the suspicion of prescription drugs screwing with our children's brains and pushing for the solution of training and arming all teachers.

Turd was a resist/antifa/commie. Like all of them, a menace. View attachment 176830

Mine was post . #

1135 . The SOB does look ike an ANTIFA fk to doesn't he. Stupid fks act like they are fighting Communism but to stupid to figure out they are Communism lol. View attachment 176832
Hes sporting commue branding on his shirt. Antifa are the lower functioning useful idiots. Mentally ill kids used by Obama and soros against us the same way the nazis used them against the jews.
You mean the ROTC shirt? The Army ball cap? The Army beanie?
Or the MAGA hat...

Think about this. The NRA & dumbass Trumpettes want to pass out silencers & make concealed carry permits no longer needed.

How many of more of those school students would be dead if the shooter utilized a silencer?

Hundred? Two Hundred?

Yet this is what the NRA & the stupid Trumpettes want.

Pass out guns at the door, rig them with silencers & if a shooter enters the building, we can have 1800 untrained idiots armed to the teeth. That is the NRA plan.

If the next loon uses a Glock, then the leftists would want to ban those too. It will NEVER end until they have banned all weapons. Then they probably will ban knives and other things. We will all have to just use a spork until someone loses an eye! :45:

Criminals will use what is available.
The government will continue to limit what is available until nothing is available ... No matter how long it may take.
It's what they have done in the past ... And what they will do in the future.

The problem is that the People have began to view the federal government as the local McDonalds.
They think the federal government is where they can feel a need ... Drive up to a box ... And someone will stick a solution out the window.

And are too ignorant to realize they didn't even put the fries you ordered in the bag you got ... :thup:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back