There is an active shooter at a Florida Highschool

This is how I feel after reading this whole thread:

American-Horror-Story-Coven-eye-stab.gif

You expected anything else?

Not in the least, but I always hope it will be different. It never is.
A parent just said the shooters name is Nicholas.

Nicholas Cruz is the shooter that the Florida police are looking for. Description: 5"8' - Ginger - Freckles - Red Hair.
Sounds like a typical Latino, right?

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Or adopted....shit for brains

FBI also said it was one year ago that they received a report, but could not identify him. I guess they quickly identified him today.

In a year they couldn’t, but today they could... think about that for a minute.

Yep. You have a bunch of hyper partisan people talking about the wrong issue.

Everybody knew the kid was a violent whack job, and it is likely he had been a violent whack job for quite some time. Out of the stupid need to be "inclusionary" the school system just kept passing him through with no regards to the effects he was having on everybody else.

The issue here is the identification and treatment of mental illness, along with a dysfunctional system that not only refuses to treat the mental illness, but mainstreams the mentally ill because of bureaucratic mandates instead of common sense.

Banning guns and ammo is fucking retarded.
That's not what I said. I said it is only part of the answer. And I didn't say all guns and ammo. Just AR-15 type rifles and high capacity magazines would be a big help. There is no justification for civilian ownership of that type of gun. It has turned our streets, our schools, our movie theaters and churches into a war zone, because it is a gun designed to kill as many humans as possible as quickly as possible.
THE GODDAMN CONSTITUTION
You wont fix a goddamn thing with critical thinking skills of a fucking pre-K student.
The Constitution doesn't say what type of weapons are allowed. Speech which can be harmful to others is legally, constitutionally, banned. Why can't certain types of "arms" be banned as well?
Really, TN, I expected plenty of name calling today, but not from you.
It doesnt have to. Its very specific. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Its not my fault if you cant read.
Please show me what words are banned in the COTUS :rolleyes:
And i wouldnt have judge your lack of critical thinking if this wasnt just a bunch of knee jerk bullshit that we go through every fucking time.
Get the states to change our constitution or STFU
Idiot... go scream “fire” in a theater and bitch about your 1st Amendment rights being violated to the cop arresting you.
Show me where the COTUS banned those words.

This article takes a look at that guys argument about "Fire" in a theater and the 2nd Amendment...

Countering Gun Control Advocates' "No Right is Absolute" Argument - The Truth About Guns

As Second Amendment absolutists say, what part of “shall not be infringed” don’t you understand? Answer: “the right to keep and bear arms.”

Keep means have, as in possess. Bear means to carry on one’s person. And . . . that’s it. The Second Amendment doesn’t prohibit the government from limiting the use of these arms. For example . . .

In Texas, a municipality can ban citizens from discharging a firearm on a tract of land smaller than 10 acres (unless it’s for lawful self-defense). Residents can keep and bearfirearms on a sub-10 acre plot, but cities can ban them from shooting those guns (unless it’s for lawful self-defense). That’s not unconstitutional.

In contrast, residents who want to carry (i.e. “bear”) a firearm in Texas have to get a government permission slip; requiring an application, fingerprinting, background check, four hours of training, a shooting test and a fee. That is clearly unconstitutional.

----

Big Bill is correct when he insists that the First Amendment doesn’t protect someone shouting “FIRE!” in a crowded movie house — if doing so causes harm. But you can shout FIRE! if there’s a fire.

By the same token, Uncle Sam can’t stop someone from entering a theater because the government has reason to believes the parton might shout FIRE! in a crowded movie house, creating panic and harm. This is no small point . .

The First Amendment prohibits prior suppression of free speech.

Nothing prohibits the government from holding citizens accountable for the effects of their free speech — save the difficulty proving that a speaker directly, knowingly and maliciously caused harm by his or her speech. Unless it’s something like creating panic or physical harm by falsely and maliciously shouting FIRE! in a crowded movie house.

The First and Second Amendment forbid the government from prohibiting the keeping and bear arms or the exercise of free speech. They don’t stop the government from punishing citizens whose firearms or speech causes harm AFTER THE FACT.

Our Founding Fathers knew that laws that attempt to stop unwanted activities before they occur are both ineffective and dangerous. Inherently tyrannical.

What would the FFs have made of FBI background checks for gun purchases, ammunitionmagazine limitations, “assault weapons” bans, carry permits, bullet taxes and the like? A constitutional abomination and a direct affront to freedom. Like . . .

Banning the word “FIRE” in case someone might use it in a crowded theater (that wasn’t on fire).

So, in fact, the right to keep and bear arms is absolute, as is the right to free speech.

Everybody knew the kid was a violent whack job, and it is likely he had been a violent whack job for quite some time. Out of the stupid need to be "inclusionary" the school system just kept passing him through with no regards to the effects he was having on everybody else.

The issue here is the identification and treatment of mental illness, along with a dysfunctional system that not only refuses to treat the mental illness, but mainstreams the mentally ill because of bureaucratic mandates instead of common sense.

The signs were there.......no father in the home, a single mother......obsession with school shootings which he even posted about, and everyone who knew him knew this was going to happen......police contact, FBI contact........

The signs were there.......no father in the home, a single mother......obsession with school shootings which he even posted about, and everyone who knew him knew this was going to happen......police contact, FBI contact........

She was a single mother b/c her husband had passed away. She passed away in November.

exactly

It's the same story over and over again. Just like Lanza everybody knew the kid was batshit crazy and yet nothing was done. And just as predictable is the liberal response with Sen. Chris Murphy screaming about gun control. How stupid is our society that we keep running back to the same useless solution of gun control rather then attack the real issue of why is our society producing people like this.

Sen Chris Murphy's solution is not useless, specifically when compared to yours. Limiting easy access to military assault style weapons in any capacity would reduce or prevent the type of mass shootings where these 'glorified' weapons are used.

You seek to 'attack' why our society produces people who get swept up in the gun cult mentality and then use weapons designed only to kill humans rapidly but you won't question why our society values the glorified glut of mass-kill weapons over the value of school kids lives.

Why is that. Are you in the Assault Weapon Cult?

Oh dear where do I begin. Gun control is like putting a bandaid on a laceration; it won't work. Blaming guns is the easy out rather than blame the true culprit which is our fucked up society.

1.Assault weapons have been with us for over a century mass shootings have not and certainly not mass shootings in schools.
Thompson submachine gun - Wikipedia

2.The alleged "gun cult mentality"as you erroneously put it has also been with us since the inception of this country. Mass shootings have not.
Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

3.Limiting guns and access to assault weapons will not prevent violence. Look at Chicago which has strict gun control but also lots of gang activity. Criminals don't care about your gun laws because criminals, by definition, don't care about the law at all. Want a better example? Heroine,cocaine,marijuana,meth are all against the law yet we still have addicts. Then there's that little experiment called Prohibition that we tried in the 1920's. Yeah that went well didn't it? Prohibition in the United States - Wikipedia
Chicago: 2017 shootings near 300

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Think about this. The NRA & dumbass Trumpettes want to pass out silencers & make concealed carry permits no longer needed.

How many of more of those school students would be dead if the shooter utilized a silencer?

Hundred? Two Hundred?

Yet this is what the NRA & the stupid Trumpettes want.

Pass out guns at the door, rig them with silencers & if a shooter enters the building, we can have 1800 untrained idiots armed to the teeth. That is the NRA plan.
He shot them as they ran out out into the hallway, dumbfuck
This is what i mean by ignorant mfers reacting and not thinking. A silencer, if anything, would have put his aim off.

Look you stupid fuck, other students fled or hod when they HEARD THE FUCKING SHOTS.

My God you people are dumber than shit.

Think about this. The NRA & dumbass Trumpettes want to pass out silencers & make concealed carry permits no longer needed.

How many of more of those school students would be dead if the shooter utilized a silencer?

Hundred? Two Hundred?

Pass out guns at the door, rig them with silencers & if a shooter enters the building, we can have 1800 untrained idiots armed to the teeth. That is the NRA plan.
This is what i mean by ignorant mfers reacting and not thinking. A silencer, if anything, would have put his aim off.

Look you stupid fuck, other students fled or hod when they HEARD THE FUCKING SHOTS.

Lol

He was expelled from one school in the district, rumors of it having to do with a weapon, yet sent to another within the same district. Supposedly there was also a mental health referral. Friends of the mother said she had struggled with him for years.

Show us where anyone has suggested everyone in a school be armed.

Hundred? Two Hundred?

Hundred? Two Hundred?

Lol
Yea, well shove it up your ass. You were too fucking stupid to realize that the noise of the gun shots alerted other students to leave or take cover. This is how fucking stupid you people really are.

Hundred? Two Hundred?

Lol
Yea, well shove it up your ass. You were too fucking stupid to realize that the noise of the gun shots alerted other students to leave or take cover. This is how fucking stupid you people really are.
IKR? The screams and people yelling "he is shooting us" wouldnt have happened.
Here is a quote from one of the students
"All she said she heard was screaming. Her and her friends decided to hide in the closet."

Forum List

Back