THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO LIVING YOUR LIFE AS A son OF GOD.

God burns no one. Get your facts straight.

You have God confused with Satan. Satan wants you with him in hell, hell being the punishment for sin. He would not have bothered tricking Eve in the garden if it weren't so.

Loving Father that God is, provided the escape from hell plan, at great cost, to keep us from hell.

YOUR CHOICE> HELL or CHRIST.
That you continue to blame God, and give Satan a pass sounds like you have made your choice.
He'd send me to burn, same thing. When he really doesn't have the send anyone to hell.

God knows exactly what piece of evidence or proof that it would take for me to believe...yet won't provide that single crucial bit of evidence or proof thus ensuring that I will spend eternity in a lake of fire.

But I'm the asshole in this relationship.

Seek and ye shall find. If you don't bother seeking, you can't really be upset when you don't find.

Everyone seems to want everything handed to them. Obtaining knowledge and wisdom takes effort.

I looked and found nothing. God makes me a skeptic, refuses to show me what He knows I need, and then burns me for eternity just to prove a point?

Steven with all due respect, your last sentence tells me you haven't looked much and looked in the wrong place.
That He didn't fulfill your wish list or perform your will, to your expectations, and your belief that He burns people indicates a lack of sincere seeking.

He knows what proof or sign you insist on, and He knows what you actually require. The former being arrogant and wicked, He provided you with the latter.

Christ is your safety net. Christ is your proof. Christ prevents burns. He is ALL you need, whether you realize it or not.

God isn't Santa. And He doesn't perform tricks at your behest. He took care of your needs by way of a cross. You are redeemed from burning, and are promised an eternal life of abundance and joy through Christ's sacrifice, if you choose.

Direct TV provides on demand, not your Father in Heaven.
What ever else you think He should provide at your whim is not His problem, it's yours, spoiled child. :smiliehug:

Last edited:

You have God confused with Satan. Satan wants you with him in hell, hell being the punishment for sin. He would not have bothered tricking Eve in the garden if it weren't so.

Loving Father that God is, provided the escape from hell plan, at great cost, to keep us from hell.

That you continue to blame God, and give Satan a pass sounds like you have made your choice.
He'd send me to burn, same thing. When he really doesn't have the send anyone to hell.

Our company has computers with viruses on them. They don't fix them. They send them to recycling centers. They won't even donate used computers that are two years old. They have higher standards that to sell them or to give them away, they need new power supplies, new keyboards, new wires.

I cleaned out an estate. About 35 bags of it was trash and I kept asking myself, "why?" Why did they save this?

Not everything is worth saving. It is your choice to ask to be saved.

Seek and ye shall find. If you don't bother seeking, you can't really be upset when you don't find.

Everyone seems to want everything handed to them. Obtaining knowledge and wisdom takes effort.

reading "cult" books is no place to find truth and wisdom!

Who said anything about cult books? I mean other than you.

I think GISMYS is brad or a sock. He suggested a date for the rapture which is cultic in my book. No good rep for you GISMYS.

The court sentence for sin is eternal death.
What God has to do is be 100% just, as in justice system, trial and sentence. What He wants to do is be 100% merciful to our iniquities and remember our sins no more.

Satan insists God be 100% just, or God isn't the God He declares Himself to be.
But God is smarter than Satan and figured out a way to be both just and merciful to us.
Christ agreeing to assume our sins and our death sentence allows God to be 100% just and 100% merciful. Our sins were paid for unto death. We live under mercy because of it.
Justice or Mercy. < Our choice, which gives us 100% free will. Christ gave us the gift of eternal life without judgment. Why would you choose to burn? :confused:

Last edited:

What God has to do is be 100% just, as in justice system, trial and sentence. What He wants to do is be 100% merciful to our iniquities and remember our sins no more.

But God is smarter than Satan and figured out a way to be both just and merciful to us.
Christ agreeing to assume our sins and our death sentence allows God to be 100% just and 100% merciful.
Justice or Mercy. < Our choice, which gives us 100% free will. Christ gave us the gift of eternal life without judgment. Why would you choose to burn? :confused:
But Jesus assumed our sins, so I'm in the clear.

Christ agreeing to assume our sins and our death sentence allows God to be 100% just and 100% merciful.

You might think that but in the Old Testament, you had to transfer your sins to an animal so while animals were slain, if you didn't transfer your sins to the animal, it didn't matter if the animal died for you or not.

Jesus died for you but you didn't transfer your sins or ask forgiveness of Him by faith.

Except for the 10 commandments, the old testament is irrelevant, today.

"In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2), which is to &#8220;love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind&#8230;and to love your neighbor as yourself&#8221; (Matthew 22:37-39). If we obey those two commands, we will be fulfilling all that Christ requires of us: &#8220;All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments&#8221; (Matthew 22:40). Now, this does not mean the Old Testament law is irrelevant today. Many of the commands in the Old Testament law fall into the categories of &#8220;loving God&#8221; and &#8220;loving your neighbor.&#8221; The Old Testament law can be a good guidepost for knowing how to love God and knowing what goes into loving your neighbor. At the same time, to say that the Old Testament law applies to Christians today is incorrect. The Old Testament law is a unit (James 2:10). Either all of it applies, or none of it applies. If Christ fulfilled some of it, such as the sacrificial system, He fulfilled all of it."

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-law.html#ixzz2uMpRS3FM

Last edited:

You might think that but in the Old Testament, you had to transfer your sins to an animal so while animals were slain, if you didn't transfer your sins to the animal, it didn't matter if the animal died for you or not.

Jesus died for you but you didn't transfer your sins or ask forgiveness of Him by faith.
Jesus died for my sins. End of story. I'm not going to hell.

Except for the 10 commandments, the old testament is irrelevant, today.

"In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2), which is to “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind…and to love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:37-39). If we obey those two commands, we will be fulfilling all that Christ requires of us: “All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:40). Now, this does not mean the Old Testament law is irrelevant today. Many of the commands in the Old Testament law fall into the categories of “loving God” and “loving your neighbor.” The Old Testament law can be a good guidepost for knowing how to love God and knowing what goes into loving your neighbor. At the same time, to say that the Old Testament law applies to Christians today is incorrect. The Old Testament law is a unit (James 2:10). Either all of it applies, or none of it applies. If Christ fulfilled some of it, such as the sacrificial system, He fulfilled all of it."

Read more: Do Christians have to obey the Old Testament law?

Can you read the quote you quoted where it says "Now, this does not mean the Old Testament law is irrelevant today."? I highlighted it in red for you.

The law is a schoolmaster, the law is good, it is for unrighteous people.

2 Peter 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

The word "ensample" means "example". The things in the old testament are for our examples.

The law is still in effect for those who are under it (non believers):

1 Timothy 1:9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

&#8220;This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome&#8221; (1 John 5:3). The Ten Commandments were essentially a summary of the entire Old Testament law. Nine of the Ten Commandments are clearly repeated in the New Testament (all except the command to observe the Sabbath day). Obviously, if we are loving God, we will not be worshipping false gods or bowing down before idols. If we are loving our neighbors, we will not be murdering them, lying to them, committing adultery against them, or coveting what belongs to them. The purpose of the Old Testament law is to convict people of our inability to keep the law and point us to our need for Jesus Christ as Savior (Romans 7:7-9; Galatians 3:24). The Old Testament law was never intended by God to be the universal law for all people for all of time. We are to love God and love our neighbors. If we obey those two commands faithfully, we will be upholding all that God requires of us.

Assume: To take upon oneself a responsibility or debt.

Not so fast Bumber, you are in the clear if you accept the gift Christ gave you. If you don't accept it, you will appear in court covered in your sin, and we know what the sentence for sin is...........

What you have to determine now is how do you treat a friend who stepped in front of a bullet meant for you? What can you do to honor Him? How do you thank Him for saving yourt life? What can you do on His behalf considering what He did on yours? He died for you, can you live for Him?

Last edited:
Now, this does not mean the Old Testament law is irrelevant today. Many of the commands in the Old Testament law fall into the categories of &#8220;loving God&#8221; and &#8220;loving your neighbor.&#8221; The Old Testament law can be a good guidepost for knowing how to love God and knowing what goes into loving your neighbor. At the same time, to say that the Old Testament law applies to Christians today is incorrect.

Last edited:

Assume: To take upon onself a responsibility or debt.

Not so fast Bumber, you are in the clear if you accept the gift Christ gave you. If you don't accept it, you will appear in court covered in your sin, and we know what the sentence for sin is...........

What you have to determine now is how do you treat a friend who stepped in front of a bullet meant for you? What can you do to honor Him? How do you thank Him for saving yourt life? What can you do on His behalf considering what He did on yours? He died for you, can you live for Him?
I accept that Jesus paid for my sins already, I thanked him, and now I'm free to sin as much as I want. I asked god, and heard no objections. So I'm in the clear.

What you have to determine now is how do you treat a friend who stepped in front of a bullet meant for you? What can you do to honor Him? How do you thank Him for saving your life? What can you do on His behalf considering what He did on yours? He died for you, can you live for Him?
I accept that Jesus paid for my sins already, I thanked him, and now I'm free to sin as much as I want. I asked god, and heard no objections. So I'm in the clear.

So, you intend to repay His love for you by keeping Him suffering on that cross on your behalf for as long as you possibly can?
If you didn't hear any objection then your hearing is dull:

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace might increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?" (Rom. 6:1-2).

And He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed." (1 Pet. 2:24)

But this explains your pretend appreciation more than the above:

"If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and do not know the truth: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Your pretend thanks will get you pretend saved. It makes you deaf and a liar. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

What you have to determine now is how do you treat a friend who stepped in front of a bullet meant for you? What can you do to honor Him? How do you thank Him for saving your life? What can you do on His behalf considering what He did on yours? He died for you, can you live for Him?

So, you intend to repay Him by keeping Him suffering on that cross on your behalf for as long as you possibly can?
If you didn't hear any objection then your hearing is dull:

And He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed." (1 Pet. 2:24)

But this explains your pretend appreciation more than the above:

"If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and do not know the truth: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Your pretend thanks will get you pretend saved. It makes you deaf and a liar. :eusa_angel:
How can I be leaving him on the cross, he's been dead for 2000 years? Don't worry, me and Jesus are tight, he knows I'm grateful.

“This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome” (1 John 5:3). The Ten Commandments were essentially a summary of the entire Old Testament law. Nine of the Ten Commandments are clearly repeated in the New Testament (all except the command to observe the Sabbath day). Obviously, if we are loving God, we will not be worshipping false gods or bowing down before idols. If we are loving our neighbors, we will not be murdering them, lying to them, committing adultery against them, or coveting what belongs to them. The purpose of the Old Testament law is to convict people of our inability to keep the law and point us to our need for Jesus Christ as Savior (Romans 7:7-9; Galatians 3:24). The Old Testament law was never intended by God to be the universal law for all people for all of time. We are to love God and love our neighbors. If we obey those two commands faithfully, we will be upholding all that God requires of us.

Pacer,

Can you answer the 20 questions in this link?

Questions For Those Who Think the Law of God is Abolished

Chuck

Forum List

Back