THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO LIVING YOUR LIFE AS A son OF GOD.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The debate isn't over just because you found a link.

God burns no one. Get your facts straight.

You have God confused with Satan. Satan wants you with him in hell, hell being the punishment for sin. He would not have bothered tricking Eve in the garden if it weren't so.

Loving Father that God is, provided the escape from hell plan, at great cost, to keep us from hell.

YOUR CHOICE> HELL or CHRIST.
That you continue to blame God, and give Satan a pass sounds like you have made your choice.

Why did God have to sacrifice so much if he is all-powerful and Satan is nothing compared to him? I think you give Satan too little credit and God too much.

You have God confused with Satan. Satan wants you with him in hell, hell being the punishment for sin. He would not have bothered tricking Eve in the garden if it weren't so.

Loving Father that God is, provided the escape from hell plan, at great cost, to keep us from hell.

That you continue to blame God, and give Satan a pass sounds like you have made your choice.
He'd send me to burn, same thing. When he really doesn't have the send anyone to hell.

The court sentence for sin is eternal death.
What God has to do is be 100% just, as in justice system, trial and sentence. What He wants to do is be 100% merciful to our iniquities and remember our sins no more.

Satan insists God be 100% just, or God isn't the God He declares Himself to be.
But God is smarter than Satan and figured out a way to be both just and merciful to us.
Christ agreeing to assume our sins and our death sentence allows God to be 100% just and 100% merciful. Our sins were paid for unto death. We live under mercy because of it.
Justice or Mercy. < Our choice, which gives us 100% free will. Christ gave us the gift of eternal life without judgment. Why would you choose to burn? :confused:

Yet God strikes people dead all the time in the Bible without giving them a chance to repent.

Why did God have to sacrifice so much if he is all-powerful and Satan is nothing compared to him? I think you give Satan too little credit and God too much.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God. John 3:16-21

What value would you place on a loved one? Would you be happy if a murderer could toast some bread in the oven to pay for taking one of your loved ones or would you want the death penalty for him? What value do you place on God?

The sin against God cost what? The value of God is what? The punishment has to equal the crime.

Except for the 10 commandments, the old testament is irrelevant, today.

"In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2), which is to “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind…and to love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:37-39). If we obey those two commands, we will be fulfilling all that Christ requires of us: “All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:40). Now, this does not mean the Old Testament law is irrelevant today. Many of the commands in the Old Testament law fall into the categories of “loving God” and “loving your neighbor.” The Old Testament law can be a good guidepost for knowing how to love God and knowing what goes into loving your neighbor. At the same time, to say that the Old Testament law applies to Christians today is incorrect. The Old Testament law is a unit (James 2:10). Either all of it applies, or none of it applies. If Christ fulfilled some of it, such as the sacrificial system, He fulfilled all of it."

Read more: Do Christians have to obey the Old Testament law?

But Jesus said he came to enforce the Old Testament, no?

"In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2), which is to “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind…and to love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:37-39). If we obey those two commands, we will be fulfilling all that Christ requires of us: “All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:40). Now, this does not mean the Old Testament law is irrelevant today. Many of the commands in the Old Testament law fall into the categories of “loving God” and “loving your neighbor.” The Old Testament law can be a good guidepost for knowing how to love God and knowing what goes into loving your neighbor. At the same time, to say that the Old Testament law applies to Christians today is incorrect. The Old Testament law is a unit (James 2:10). Either all of it applies, or none of it applies. If Christ fulfilled some of it, such as the sacrificial system, He fulfilled all of it."

Unless they've argued this a lot and have been around the Bible plus read the Bible too much, they won't come to the answer on their own. That is why I posted this:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/342298-the-christian-and-old-testament-law.html

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God. John 3:16-21

Not John 3:16! Oh, no! I am trembling in my chair right now.

Seriously though, that does not answer my statement.

You ask"Why did God have to sacrifice so much"? The only payment for evil=sin is death and hell but because God loves His creation mankind,GOD does not want to see any perish so God paid mankind's sin debt himself. man that will believe,confess and repent and accept jesus as their Lord and Savior are forgiven and washed clean.

What value would you place on a loved one? Would you be happy if a murderer could toast some bread in the oven to pay for taking one of your loved ones or would you want the death penalty for him? What value do you place on God?

The sin against God cost what? The value of God is what? The punishment has to equal the crime.

The problem is Chuck, you are consistent with your quoting of the Bible and make reason out of it. While I may disagree fundamentally with some of it, you at least are reasonable. So yes, the problem is that when I put out an argument to disprove one side's theory, you spam scripture or pithy sayings that gun down my arguments not meant for you. But whatever, do what you will.
If someone touched the one person I love, there would be no salvation for anyone. Anywhere. I would probably degenerate into a murderous ball of evil with the sole intent of killing and watching everything burn. Good thing she doesn't get out much and doesn't have enemies.
The value I place on God is that of my Father. He created me, I am of him, he shaped who I am. But I disagree with him. On some details, I disagree with the Church's teachings and disagree with what God says himself on occasion. But that is the nature of free will, no? To question what you've been taught and realize God in your own fashion as the Scripture makes sense to you? Regardless, my opinion is that God will forgive your philosophical differences as long as you still acknowledge him as your God and don't run amok murdering people. Then, like a real Father, God will let you join in on the inheritance.

You ask"Why did God have to sacrifice so much"? The only payment for evil=sin is death and hell but because God loves His creation mankind,GOD does not want to see any perish so God paid mankind's sin debt himself. man that will believe,confess and repent and accept jesus as their Lord and Savior are forgiven and washed clean.

But if God must sacrifice so much so dearly to counteract Satan, doesn't that imply Satan is more powerful than people give him credit for?

SATAN FORCED NO ONE TO REJECT GOD or to live in sin ,MANKIND MADE THAT CHOICE,satan just planted doubt in GOD AND MAN FELL FOR SATAN LIES JUST AS THEY DO TODAY!!! AND YOU??

SATAN FORCED NO ONE TO REJECT GOD or to live in sin ,MANKIND MADE THAT CHOICE,satan just planted doubt in GOD AND MAN FELL FOR SATAN LIES JUST AS THEY DO TODAY!!! AND YOU??

Food for thought, but mankind had no idea of right and wrong, good or bad, anything before Satan came and made them eat off of the tree, would Satan be the Father of our minds, not God?
But if Satan's word wins out so much more often than God's, doesn't that make Satan about as powerful?
And I am not Satanist, BTW.

satan forced no one to reject god or to live in sin ,mankind made that choice,satan just planted doubt in god and man fell for satan lies just as they do today!!! And you??

food for thought, but mankind had no idea of right and wrong, good or bad, anything before satan came and made them eat off of the tree, would satan be the father of our minds, not god?
But if satan's word wins out so much more often than god's, doesn't that make satan about as powerful?
And i am not satanist, btw.

you are wrong!!! God gave adam and eve orders about the garden as to what they could not do and what the cost would be if they did not obey god's law===death!

satan forced no one to reject god or to live in sin ,mankind made that choice,satan just planted doubt in god and man fell for satan lies just as they do today!!! And you??

food for thought, but mankind had no idea of right and wrong, good or bad, anything before satan came and made them eat off of the tree, would satan be the father of our minds, not god?
But if satan's word wins out so much more often than god's, doesn't that make satan about as powerful?

you are wrong!!! God gave adam and eve orders about the garden as to what they could not do and what the cost would be if they did not obey god's law===death!

But what did they gain? Life! For there can be no life without death, and no death without life. The two are irrevocably joined.

But what did they gain? Life! For there can be no life without death, and no death without life. The two are irrevocably joined.

WRONG AGAIN!!! God offers believers eternal life in a new imortal body like his body on a re-newed earth back to perfection,no pain,sickness,tears or death!!!PTL.

"In place of the Old Testament law, we are under the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2), which is to &#8220;love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind&#8230;and to love your neighbor as yourself&#8221; (Matthew 22:37-39). If we obey those two commands, we will be fulfilling all that Christ requires of us: &#8220;All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments&#8221; (Matthew 22:40). Now, this does not mean the Old Testament law is irrelevant today. Many of the commands in the Old Testament law fall into the categories of &#8220;loving God&#8221; and &#8220;loving your neighbor.&#8221; The Old Testament law can be a good guidepost for knowing how to love God and knowing what goes into loving your neighbor. At the same time, to say that the Old Testament law applies to Christians today is incorrect. The Old Testament law is a unit (James 2:10). Either all of it applies, or none of it applies. If Christ fulfilled some of it, such as the sacrificial system, He fulfilled all of it."

No. He did not come to enforce the Old Testament, He came to fulfill it so that mercy could once again be what we are dealt instead of the penalty for breaking the law.

And I already explained why God sacrificed so much for us. He is required to be 100% just. He is required to be fair according to what we deserve, which is death due to sin. What He did was to judge our sin through one, so that He could give the rest of us what we don't deserve, mercy, which is unmerited favor. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

WRONG AGAIN!!! God offers believers eternal life in a new imortal body like his body on a re-newed earth back to perfection,no pain,sickness,tears or death!!!PTL.

But this eternal life could not have been achieved without dying first, no? Do you think God would have given us all this knowledge and power of his own accord? Because of Satan, humanity gets life eternal and knowledge as a result of God's desperate PR campaign. Scratch what I said earlier. We give ourselves too little credit. God and Satan vie for our souls and prayers because they mean something akin to power for them.

No. He did not come to enforce the Old Testament, He came to fulfill it so that mercy could once again be what we are dealt instead of the penalty for breaking the law.

And I already explained why God sacrificed so much for us. He is required to be 100% just. He is required to be fair according to what we deserve, which is death due to sin. What He did was to judge our sin through one, so that He could give the rest of us what we don't deserve, mercy, which is unmerited favor. :eusa_angel:

But Jesus says nothing will be removed from the Old Testament until everything has come to pass. Thus, he enforces it.

Forum List

Back