THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO LIVING YOUR LIFE AS A son OF GOD.

there is no downside to living your life as a son of god.==103 bless the lord, o my soul,
and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
bless the lord, o my soul,
and forget none of his benefits;
who pardons all your iniquities,
who heals all your diseases;
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
who satisfies your years with good things,
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle. Psalm 103:1-5

you know, for the god of free will and mercy, god places a lot of random, unnecessary restrictions on believers.
No downside? What about freedom?

mankind is free!!! You can chose good or evil,right or wrong,to live in light or darkness,to accept god's love or reject it. All your choice!

Yeah. Free to go to Hell in Christianity, which you are clearly a part of.

you know, for the god of free will and mercy, god places a lot of random, unnecessary restrictions on believers.

mankind is free!!! You can chose good or evil,right or wrong,to live in light or darkness,to accept god's love or reject it. All your choice!

YES!!! You are free to reject God's love and forgivness and pay for your own sins = hell but why do that? Jesus has already paid your sin debt on that Roman cross, just accept Jesus as your lord and savior,confess and repent of sin and join the forever family of God!!!

THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO LIVING YOUR LIFE AS A son OF GOD.==103 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle. psalm 103:1-5

You know, for the God of free will and mercy, God places a lot of random, unnecessary restrictions on believers.

What restrictions are those? What is it you think I, as a believer, am restricted from doing?

Depends. Are you Jewish or Christian, because you're probably one of them. I'll just go with Christian then.
Ever read Leviticus, or the rest of the Torah? A lot of restrictions there. And Jesus said that he didn't come to do away with those teachings, so if you actually follow all of Jesus said, you should go slaughter a fattened calf at the alter of the Lord every time you sin and spread its intestines and spill its blood in a certain manner. Not one for Leviticus? Jesus says calling your brother a fool will get you thrown into Hell. God knows I'm going to Hell then.

Do you know god GISMYS? You may boast about there being no downside (in your case maybe) but there are those a lot more worthy than yourself who do not have it easy like you. They are suffering just as your christ jesus did. Are you a better man because you are comfortable?

I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings

I KNOW JESUS AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR AND I LIVE IN HIS BLESSINGS AND PROTECTION. PTL. WHY? BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR ME. AS A SINNER I ONLY DESERVE DEATH AND HELL BUT PTL. JESUS PAID MY SIN DEBT ON THAT ROMAN CROSS and he has forgiven me. YOU TOO COULD KNOW JESUS AND LIVE YOUR LIFE AS A son OF god!!! your choice!

completely off-topic, and no offense intended, but why do you call it a Roman cross? Sure it was, but everyone knows what you mean when you say cross, so why waste time typing it out?

Do you know god GISMYS? You may boast about there being no downside (in your case maybe) but there are those a lot more worthy than yourself who do not have it easy like you. They are suffering just as your christ jesus did. Are you a better man because you are comfortable?

I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings

I KNOW JESUS AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR AND I LIVE IN HIS BLESSINGS AND PROTECTION. PTL. WHY? BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR ME. AS A SINNER I ONLY DESERVE DEATH AND HELL BUT PTL. JESUS PAID MY SIN DEBT ON THAT ROMAN CROSS and he has forgiven me. YOU TOO COULD KNOW JESUS AND LIVE YOUR LIFE AS A son OF god!!! your choice!

completely off-topic, and no offense intended, but why do you call it a Roman cross? Sure it was, but everyone knows what you mean when you say cross, so why waste time typing it out?

Many people think Jesus was crucified on a Jewish cross but no,it was a Roman cross. but why would you care???

Ah yes King David. The adulterer who sent his lovers husband to die in battle for his throne? Any wonder he sung the praises of a god who forgave him sinning one of the ten commandments?
Sing on Ms Ram with all the quotes that cement your position, just remember there are as many quotes against the proud and boastful.
Do I hate King David? - I never gave him a thought until you mentioned him - But an adulterer and possibly a murderer? Maybe you shouldn't put him on such a high pedestal?

Never met the man, never put him on a pedestal except to acknowledge his enduring love for our Father. But with all of David's shortcomings, (more than just one) God still loved his child enough to forgive him, because David asked to be forgiven and had a repentant heart. Something you have no insight into, nor do you seem to need it. You can judge a man's works.
Good thing for David, and the rest of us, you're not God, heh?
Judging gets you judged. But if it is that important for you to judge David's actions, or God's mercy on him, or Gismys motives, you certainly have that option. Here's hoping you have a spotless record.

What do you think God should have done concerning David's sins? Maybe you are right and God was wrong to be merciful to David. You seem to think David, of all people, scum that he was, got lucky. Bad God for the oversight and non judgment. For being merciful to David's iniquities and remembering his sins no more. Bad, bad God.
Good Potato to hold God, David and Gismys to your standards instead.
Surely, you know best. :eusa_angel:

God forgave David? Sure, but that didn't stop God from killing the baby.

YES!!! You are free to reject God's love and forgivness and pay for your own sins = hell but why do that? Jesus has already paid your sin debt on that Roman cross, just accept Jesus as your lord and savior,confess and repent of sin and join the forever family of God!!!

For the record, I am Catholic, so I do go to mass and reconciliation and all that, and read the Bible frequently, but all I have come up with from all my studies is that God is cruel and bored and, quite frankly, a little kid who throws big temper tantrums.

Many people think Jesus was crucified on a Jewish cross but no,it was a Roman cross. but why would you care???

Just curious.

Ah yes King David. The adulterer who sent his lovers husband to die in battle for his throne? Any wonder he sung the praises of a god who forgave him sinning one of the ten commandments?
Sing on Ms Ram with all the quotes that cement your position, just remember there are as many quotes against the proud and boastful.
Do I hate King David? - I never gave him a thought until you mentioned him - But an adulterer and possibly a murderer? Maybe you shouldn't put him on such a high pedestal?

Never met the man, never put him on a pedestal except to acknowledge his enduring love for our Father. But with all of David's shortcomings, (more than just one) God still loved his child enough to forgive him, because David asked to be forgiven and had a repentant heart. Something you have no insight into, nor do you seem to need it. You can judge a man's works.
Judging gets you judged. But if it is that important for you to judge David's actions, or God's mercy on him, or Gismys motives, you certainly have that option. Here's hoping you have a spotless record.

What do you think God should have done concerning David's sins? Maybe you are right and God was wrong to be merciful to David. You seem to think David, of all people, scum that he was, got lucky. Bad God for the oversight and non judgment. For being merciful to David's iniquities and remembering his sins no more. Bad, bad God.

Yes your sins cost you and those around you, the baby is in heaven today but had it lived what kind of life would it have lived??? God knows! because God is outside time,God sees the beginning to the end of this age like we see a line drawn on paper!!!

Yes your sins cost you and those around you, the baby is in heaven today but had it lived what kind of life would it have lived??? God knows! because God is outside time,God sees the beginning to the end of this age like we see a line drawn on paper!!!

But the baby never experienced life. If heaven is so great, and God just wants us to be there with him, what is the point of life here on Earth? Why not just make us live up in heaven from the beginning? The baby never loved here on Earth, never had kids, never actually lived. Why? Because God was pissed off at David.

But the baby never experienced life. If heaven is so great, and God just wants us to be there with him, what is the point of life here on Earth? Why not just make us live up in heaven from the beginning? The baby never loved here on Earth, never had kids, never actually lived. Why? Because God was pissed off at David.

God did not create robots,God like any father wants his children to love Him because they do love Him. A believer earns eternal rewards here on earth that last. as for the baby,had it lived it might have been another hitler and be in hell today,if so God had a lot of mercy to spare that baby for David's sake and take it early!!!

THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO LIVING YOUR LIFE AS A son OF GOD.==103 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle. psalm 103:1-5

Nice passage.

As for the naysayers ... kick the dust from your shoes and keep your faith. Longsuffering and persecution from the adversary's followers will ultimate be rewarded.

God did not create robots,God like any father wants his children to love Him because they do love Him. A believer earns eternal rewards here on earth that last. as for the baby,had it lived it might have been another hitler and be in hell today,if so God had a lot of mercy to spare that baby for David's sake and take it early!!!

But it never had the chance to be Adolf. It could have been a genius or a peacemaker, somebody who seriously changed the world for the better. But no, the baby never realized his (it was a boy, if I recall correctly) potential. Again, never fell in love, never had children of his own, never had a life to begin with.
What about Nadab and Abuhu? Or the guy who tripped and touched the Ark as a result and was immediately smote by God? Infinite mercy and goodness my foot.
On a side note, if God has infinite mercy, and stealing the boy's life was an act of mercy, why does God just not reach down onto Earth and save us from sin, taking us all into heaven for eternal happiness now before there can be any more Hitlers?

Last edited:

But it never had the chance to be Adolf. It could have been a genius or a peacemaker, somebody who seriously changed the world for the better. But no, the baby never realized his (it was a boy, if I recall correctly) potential. Again, never fell in love, never had children of his own, never had a life to begin with.
What about Nadab and Abuhu? Or the guy who tripped and touched the Ark as a result and was immediately smote by God? Infinite mercy and goodness my foot.
On a side note, if God has infinite mercy, and stealing the boy's life was an act of mercy, why does God just not reach down onto Earth and save us from sin, taking us all into heaven for eternal happiness now before there can be any more Hitlers?

Yes!!! and 99% of all the world wish hitler had not ever lived!!! huh?? but imho. God may have taken Davids baby born as a result of David's sin, early for David's sake as God had a special love for david,God says David was a man after his own heart!!!!

Yes!!! and 99% of all the world wish hitler had not ever lived!!! huh?? but imho. God may have taken Davids baby born as a result of David's sin, early for David's sake as God had a special love for david,God says David was a man after his own heart!!!!

And 99% or maybe even 100% of the world would not exist or be who they are if not for Hitler! If you aren't 70 or 80+, you owe Hitler your existence. Just to put it in perspective. What about Nadab and Abihu? And the other stories I mentioned?

Last edited:
Downside? lol Let me tell you why I walked away from what you claim is a blessed life.

My first wife was a victim of horrific abuse as a child. Her mind blocked it until she was in her 30s. Like many survivors of traumatic events, her mind recovered those memories slowly, as she could handle them. The worst memories were the last to come back.

One of her worst (that she told me about) was being raped and sodomized against a stone wall in her basement. She remembers the way the stones felt against her body and the details of how they looked. That stone wall fell when she was 4 or 5 years old, and was replaced by a smooth concrete block wall.

What struck me most was when she talked about hiding in the barn in the dead of winter praying to God to hide her from her abuser. She prayed as hard as she could to be rescued. She was not. She was raped and beaten until she was 16 years old.

Now I know some of you will use the old "God works in mysterious ways" or some shit. But the fact that He allowed this precious child to go thru such torment, chose to ignore her prayers, and allowed such torture to continue tells me he either doesn't exist, doesn't pay attention, or is a despicable being.

Now when I hear people talk about God curing some old lady of cancer or see athletes give God credit for their touchdowns, I think about that innocent child hiding in a freezing barn and having her prayers go unanswered.

So you go right ahead and think of yourself as blessed. I will not bow to any creature who could allow such torture. I cannot conceive of any benevolent being who would. As I said, he either doesn't exist, doesn't pay attention, or is a sadist. I'll let you pick which one.

But why was jesus wearing a diaper on the cross? He have the runs?

Downside? lol Let me tell you why I walked away from what you claim is a blessed life.

Hi WB......why would her abuse be a downside of believing in God?......being angry because God didn't rip the heart out of someone who was an abuser is one thing, but saying the abuse happened BECAUSE of a belief in God is certainly another......

My first wife was a victim of horrific abuse as a child. Her mind blocked it until she was in her 30s. Like many survivors of traumatic events, her mind recovered those memories slowly, as she could handle them. The worst memories were the last to come back.

One of her worst (that she told me about) was being raped and sodomized against a stone wall in her basement. She remembers the way the stones felt against her body and the details of how they looked. That stone wall fell when she was 4 or 5 years old, and was replaced by a smooth concrete block wall.

What struck me most was when she talked about hiding in the barn in the dead of winter praying to God to hide her from her abuser. She prayed as hard as she could to be rescued. She was not. She was raped and beaten until she was 16 years old.

Now I know some of you will use the old "God works in mysterious ways" or some shit. But the fact that He allowed this precious child to go thru such torment, chose to ignore her prayers, and allowed such torture to continue tells me he either doesn't exist, doesn't pay attention, or is a despicable being.

Now when I hear people talk about God curing some old lady of cancer or see athletes give God credit for their touchdowns, I think about that innocent child hiding in a freezing barn and having her prayers go unanswered.

So you go right ahead and think of yourself as blessed. I will not bow to any creature who could allow such torture. I cannot conceive of any benevolent being who would. As I said, he either doesn't exist, doesn't pay attention, or is a sadist. I'll let you pick which one.

YES!!!! fIRST THINGS FIRST! We must first become a believer in GOD before we get into trouble and expect him to help us. Don't wait untill you are in big trouble before you call on God for help. Believe in God,accept Jesus as your lord and savior,then you as a son of God talk(pray) to God the Father!

But why was jesus wearing a diaper on the cross? He have the runs?

THINK! The cost of being a mocker and scoffer is eternal hell!!! BEST YOU COUNT THE COST!!

Forum List

Back