There is only ""one"" sin that will send you to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So i guess the 10 commandments are all bullshit.... :thup:

good to know.

all sins that are confessed and repented of God forgives but if you reject God and GOD'S LOVE AND FORGIVENESS then you doom yourself to hell=== not smart!!!

if you are saved and have unconfessed sin, either by forgetting or not repenting- you still go to Heaven- you do not lose your salvation, only rewards at the Bema Seat.

So heaven has little penis compensation measures too, then?

"I know you're jealous of my $500k sports car" - Penis compensation issue

"My pixels are more awesomer than your pixels!" - e-peen waving

"I have more heavenly rewards than you do, you lesser believer!" - h-peen competition

HELL IS VERY REAL!!! For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6 and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly lives thereafter; 7 and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincipled men 8 (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds), 9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who [c]indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority. 2 peter 2:4-10

If hell is real then I am doomed to spend eternity waging war on God from the bottom of it.
Because I would never worship or respect a deity so twisted and monsterous that he would burn even the worst of humans in eternal hellfire.

No, those who end up in hell will actually understand that what they have received is just. For example, not once did the rich man in Luke 16:19-31 complain that his punishment was unjust nor did he rail against God. He only petitioned for mercy. The same mercy that he denied to Lazarus while he was alive. There comes a time when the gift of grace and mercy are no longer available. When we die, our choice to accept or reject Christ is set in stone. So choose eternal life while it is still available to you. Don't let any excuse get in your way.

Sorry to burst your bubble Bud, but until one comes down out of heaven and enforces his religion over the others, gods are as cheap as the availability of Monkeys to believe in them and hawk their idols and books.

Specificity is a virtue in religious discussion.

OH!!! GOD is about to do just that,JESUS will return and destroy all evil for all eternity!!! PTL.

That would be nice. Though as heros go, I'd rather see Superman.

Of course, as a rational Monkey, I'm betting on neither, investing instead in our real future: Monkey spawn.

Was it just me, or was the Messiah metaphor even more pronounced in "Man of Steel" than previous attempts?

Jor-El, the father

Kal-El, the son

El is a name for God.

IF YOU END UP IN HELL IT WILL BE YOUR CHOICE YOU CANNOT TRY TO BLAME GOD! There is only ""one"" sin that will send you to hell. The only sin that will send you to hell is the sin of rejecting God and God's love and forgivness!!!
YOU CANNOT TRY TO BLAME GOD IF YOU CHOSE TO REJECT HIS LOVE,MERCY,FORGIVNESS. JESUS SAYS=anyone who believes in me will have eternal life. 16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.
18 “There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. 19 Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. 21 But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to.”
JOHN 3:15-21

Repenteance of our sins requires forgiveness. To be forgiven we must ask to be. Some sins require asking for forgiveness from God, others from those who sinned against, still others both. This being the case one sin in particular is all but impossible to be forgiven for: murder.

Can't be forgiven for murder because the one sinned against is unavailable. If God decides to forgive you that's His call, but I wouldn't take the chance.

Repenteance of our sins requires forgiveness. To be forgiven we must ask to be. Some sins require asking for forgiveness from God, others from those who sinned against, still others both. This being the case one sin in particular is all but impossible to be forgiven for: murder.

Can't be forgiven for murder because the one sinned against is unavailable. If God decides to forgive you that's His call, but I wouldn't take the chance.

WHY do you try to post about what you know nothing??? God makes the rules not little man.

WHY do you try to post about what you know nothing??? God makes the rules not little man.

"How do Jews obtain forgiveness without sacrifices?
Forgiveness is obtained through repentance, prayer and tzedakah (charity or other good deeds).
Judaism 101: Qorbanot: Sacrifices and Offerings

"The most basic kind of forgiveness is "forgoing the other's indebtedness" (mechilá). If the offender has done teshuva, as described above, and is sincere in his or her repentance, the offended person should offer mechila; that is, the offended person should forgo the debt of the offender, relinquish his or her claim against the offender. This is not a reconciliation of heart or an embracing of the offender; it is simply reaching the conclusion that the offender no longers owes me anything for whatever it was that he or she did. Mechila is like a pardon granted to a criminal by the modern state. The crime remains; only the debt is forgiven."
Repentance and Forgiveness

"Some people think that the unforgivable sin is murder because the Old Testament gives us such strong sanctions against murder and says that if a person has committed murder, even if he repents, he is still to be executed."
Scripture says that Christ stated the unforgivable sin as being blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Can you expand on that, and how should I pray for someone committing that sin?

You were saying? Wanna keep talking or slink off back to the shadow from whence you came?

Last edited:
This is kinda why watching Youtube videos and listening to cassetes is no substitute for actually taking theology courses at a proper university.

There is only ""one"" sin that will send you to hell. The only sin that will send you to hell is the sin of rejecting God and God's love and forgivness!!!
All other sins (EVEN MURDER) GOD HAS,AND WILL FORGIVE. KING DAVID MURDERED,David confessed and repented and God forgave him. PAUL(who wrote most of the new testment books murdered many believers before he was saved.

OH!!! GOD is about to do just that,JESUS will return and destroy all evil for all eternity!!! PTL.

Of course, as a rational Monkey, I'm betting on neither, investing instead in our real future: Monkey spawn.

Was it just me, or was the Messiah metaphor even more pronounced in "Man of Steel" than previous attempts?

Jor-El, the father

Kal-El, the son

El is a name for God.

Jor-El & Kal-El have had those names for decades. Like, pre-movie decades.

There is only ""one"" sin that will send you to hell. The only sin that will send you to hell is the sin of rejecting God and God's love and forgivness!!!

Wow.

This God of yours has got some serious insecurity issues going on. Reject him and don't love him enough and he'll fuck you up.

Wow.

This God of yours has got some serious insecurity issues going on. Reject him and don't love him enough and he'll fuck you up.

YOU TELL ME!!! What kind of person would not love GOD?? GOD WHO WANTS THEM TO LIVE IN HIS love and blessings as a member of His forever family??? I WILL TELL YOU= A SIN LOVING GOD REJECTING FOOL who wants to hope there is no GOD hoping he can avoid his final judgment day!!!and you????

all sins that are confessed and repented of God forgives but if you reject God and GOD'S LOVE AND FORGIVENESS then you doom yourself to hell=== not smart!!!

if you are saved and have unconfessed sin, either by forgetting or not repenting- you still go to Heaven- you do not lose your salvation, only rewards at the Bema Seat.

So heaven has little penis compensation measures too, then?

"I know you're jealous of my $500k sports car" - Penis compensation issue

"My pixels are more awesomer than your pixels!" - e-peen waving

"I have more heavenly rewards than you do, you lesser believer!" - h-peen competition

[MENTION=50321]ninja007[/MENTION], still waiting for an answer.

Jor-El, the father

Kal-El, the son

El is a name for God.

In the movie 'El' is the family's name. So when Superman and the female are slugging it out she refers to him as 'son of El' at one point (think it was in the diner) which was my Eureka moment.

Son of El is like saying 'son of God.' :)

Jor-El, the father

Kal-El, the son

El is a name for God.

Yes, and did you know the original creators of the comic were Jews and that 'El' is a Jewish name for God? And being Jews, like every other Jew, we're waiting for our Messiah...Get it now? :)

Jor-El, the father

Kal-El, the son

El is a name for God.

Yes, and did you know the original creators of the comic were Jews and that 'El' is a Jewish name for God? And being Jews, like every other Jew, we're waiting for our Messiah...Get it now? :)

Nope, still don't get how it's "even more pronounced."

What I do get is that you're "just now getting it."

Ah yes, the stalker god who will destroy you if you don't love him back. Creepy.
So ..

So, would you care to address the actual topic? I think everyone has noticed your habit of going into a helpless sputtering rage when I show up, being you can't ever address what I say.

The topic is your stalker-god, the one who will torture you if you don't love him back. Why do you think such behavior is admirable? And why do you think I'm upset at a mythical being? It's like saying I'm upset at Zeus or Santa Claus. It makes no sense.

And speaking of behavior, let's look at yours. On this board, you always seem to ponder "WWJD?", and then you do the exact opposite. That is, your behavior is always anti-Christian. The logical conclusion is that you're an agent of Satan, whether you understand that or not. After all, what you accomplish here is to sour people on Christianity by demonstrating how at least one Christian is a hateful hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back