There is unequivocal evidence that Earth is warming at an unprecedented rate. Human activity is the principal cause.

The evidence that the Earth is warming and carbon dioxide is increasing at rates not seen in millenia is overwhelming. Arguments that such evidence is manufactured are rationally unsound and unsupported by any evidence.

Global temperatures are rising
The ocean is getting warmer
The ice sheets are shrinking
Glaciers are retreating
Snow cover is decreasing
Sea level is rising
Arctic sea ice is declining
Extreme events are increasing in frequency
Ocean acidification is increasing

"Ice cores drawn from Greenland, Antarctica, and tropical mountain glaciers show that Earth’s climate responds to changes in greenhouse gas levels. Ancient evidence can also be found in tree rings, ocean sediments, coral reefs, and layers of sedimentary rocks. This ancient, or paleoclimate, evidence reveals that current warming is occurring roughly 10 times faster than the average rate of warming after an ice age. Carbon dioxide from human activities is increasing about 250 times faster than it did from natural sources after the last Ice Age." [Emphasis mine]

IPCC Sixth Assessment Report, WG1, Chapter 2
Vostok ice core data; NOAA Mauna Loa CO2 record
Gaffney, O.; Steffen, W. (2017). "The Anthropocene Equation," The Anthropocene Review (Volume 4, Issue 1, April 2017), 53-61.
All lies, none of that is actually happening.

That is incorrect. While we should have started working on this seriously a good 20 years ago and the further down the road we have pushed this problem, the more and more drastic has become the needed response, no one is going to force people to starve to avoid another tenth of a degree warming. The transition is taking place now and several development will help the process along. Batteries not requiring rare earths and rare heavy metals will decrease the cost of EVs and improve utility power storage facilitating the full time use of wind and solar. The need for nuclear power in this mix is beginning to overcome the fear instilled by Chernobyl and Fukushima and, further down the road, fusion looks to be a viable power option within less than two decades.

That is not true but you need to be careful to whom you're listening. Give this a look: AR6 Climate Change 2022: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability — IPCC and AR6 Climate Change 2022: Mitigation of Climate Change — IPCC

This issue was never realistically addressable without government action.

The US is a close second to China's emission levels and China was a signatory to the Paris Climate Accords. They are not refusing to participate. They did not drop out as Trump chose to do. It's unclear precisely what you're saying there at the end, but I can assure there is no international agreement to let China dominate the world. China made use of the one thing they had more of than anyone else on the planet and that was copious amount of cheap labor. By not spending a cent on defense for decades they were able to afford raising their standard of living and moving from an agrarian society to a massive technical infrastructure at an astounding pace. They are now paying some of the price, however, for such a single-minded policy but the progress they made in that regard was remarkable.

The US is a close second to China's emission levels

Ummmmm.......

1680643113841.png

Unless we caught up since 2019, you're using some bad liberal math again.

The US is a close second to China's emission levels

Ummmmm.......

View attachment 773164

Unless we caught up since 2019, you're using some bad liberal math again.
In 2022 it was down to 2.36 times as much but they have 4.25 times as many people. And "close second" is not math. I admit that China is not doing well but I don't have a lot of input. I could buy my t-shirts somewhere else, but I don't think they'll notice. I DO have an input here. And the US is still the second largest emitter on the planet and the first on a per capita basis.

Last edited:
In 2022 it was down to 2.36 times as much but they have 4.25 times as many people. And "close second" is not math. I admit that China is not doing well but I don't have a lot of input. I could buy my t-shirts somewhere else, but I don't think they'll notice. I DO have an input here. And the US is still the second largest emitter on the planet and the first on a per capita basis.

In 2022 it was down to 2.36 times as much

So, we're not a close second?

And "close second" is not math.

Not good math.

And the US is still the second largest emitter on the planet and the first on a per capita basis.

You want to show the math on that?

You want to show the math on that?

Sure

All numbers from United States - Countries & Regions - IEA and China - Countries & Regions - IEA

All values for 2022

Chinese emissions in 2022: 10,084 Mt
Chinese population: 1,410.93 million
10,084,000,000 tons / 1,410,930,000 = 7.147 tons per capita

US emissions in 2022: 4,258 Mt
US population: 330.15 million
4,258,000,000 tons / 330,150,000 = 12.897 tons per capita

So, a real good argument could be made that China should be getting on OUR case.

Sure

All numbers from United States - Countries & Regions - IEA and China - Countries & Regions - IEA

All values for 2022

Chinese emissions in 2022: 10,084 Mt
Chinese population: 1,410.93 million
10,084,000,000 tons / 1,410,930,000 = 7.147 tons per capita

US emissions in 2022: 4,258 Mt
US population: 330.15 million
4,258,000,000 tons / 330,150,000 = 12.897 tons per capita

So, a real good argument could be made that China should be getting on OUR case.

You said "first on a per capita basis". Not "more than China on a per capita basis".

Last I checked, there were more countries than just those two.

You said "first on a per capita basis". Not "more than China on a per capita basis".

Last I checked, there were more countries than just those two.
Todd, I was surprised when I heard someone accuse you of trolling. But I am beginning to see how they could come to that conclusion. You are smarter than that. Please don't waste my time with nonsense like this.

Todd, I was surprised when I heard someone accuse you of trolling. But I am beginning to see how they could come to that conclusion. You are smarter than that. Please don't waste my time with nonsense like this.

Idiots say stupid stuff.

1680658903284.png

It's amazing how little you know considering the claims you make.

oh the irony. When will we see your evidence of human caused climate change?

So far I've debunked everything you've posted. I'm still curious when you'll find the magic bullet.
You are such a funny guy. Sad, but funny.

Scary
From your link….

"But we see traces in the seafloor that the retreat could go faster, way faster, and this is a reminder that we have not seen everything yet

From your link….

"But we see traces in the seafloor that the retreat could go faster, way faster, and this is a reminder that we have not seen everything yet
Yes. Do you have a point?

The evidence that the Earth is warming and carbon dioxide is increasing at rates not seen in millenia is overwhelming. Arguments that such evidence is manufactured are rationally unsound and unsupported by any evidence.

Global temperatures are rising
The ocean is getting warmer
The ice sheets are shrinking
Glaciers are retreating
Snow cover is decreasing
Sea level is rising
Arctic sea ice is declining
Extreme events are increasing in frequency
Ocean acidification is increasing

"Ice cores drawn from Greenland, Antarctica, and tropical mountain glaciers show that Earth’s climate responds to changes in greenhouse gas levels. Ancient evidence can also be found in tree rings, ocean sediments, coral reefs, and layers of sedimentary rocks. This ancient, or paleoclimate, evidence reveals that current warming is occurring roughly 10 times faster than the average rate of warming after an ice age. Carbon dioxide from human activities is increasing about 250 times faster than it did from natural sources after the last Ice Age." [Emphasis mine]

IPCC Sixth Assessment Report, WG1, Chapter 2
Vostok ice core data; NOAA Mauna Loa CO2 record
Gaffney, O.; Steffen, W. (2017). "The Anthropocene Equation," The Anthropocene Review (Volume 4, Issue 1, April 2017), 53-61.
No one knows that the warming is unprecedented. Do you know how old the earth is and how long man has been around? We don't know shit.

Forum List

Back