🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There was no letter on the bed

Watching Republican Senator's this morning on Morning Joe talking about this situation.

There was no letter on the bed. Senators asked the military and they said it had been fully investigated. It never existed.

One GOP Senator said that Bergdahl looked undernourished, drugged, was mumbling and appeared to be "coerced", but didn't seem to be in any imminent danger (huh"?). This from a 90 second video shown to all Senators.

And they were asked if the White House called them and apologized for any misunderstanding and they had the hardest time saying "yes".

Joe Scarborough attacked the parents of this kid while others at the table told him to leave the kid's parents alone. Joe said the parents should have called the Pentagon and demanded care for their son (after VA funding has been cut - like that's gonna happen).

What isn't clear is whether Republicans understand that it was al Qaeda that attacked the US. To an outside observer, after 9/11, the US then attacked Iraq and the Taliban but let the leader of al Qaeda go. I never could understand that.

And finally, isn't leaving an American in the hands of Islamic Extremists what Republicans accused Obama of doing?

I think in their zeal to attack the president, Republicans are setting themselves up for very difficult explanations. How do you think they will respond?

"Misunderstanding"? There was no misunderstanding between the Obama Administration and Congress! Barry decided to do this deal because his group of idiots mistakenly thought it would be great PR. They didn't tell anyone over on Capital Hill that they were going to pull the trigger on it because they KNEW that every time a prisoner swap had been suggested before there had been strong bipartisan opposition to it. This deal was done for strictly political reasons. It was done because the Obama Administration was taking so much heat about the VA scandal that they desperately needed something to "change the narrative". The thing that's telling is that this group of SUPPOSEDLY intelligent people didn't understand how trading five high level terrorists for one low level deserter was going to outrage so many people.

negotiations were in the works since december. does that fit your narrative that his release was manufactured to cover anything up?

Sure there was. It read: "I'm going to become a traitor now and I know a bunch of fucking retards on the left of the political spectrum will defend me when President Obama send a helicopter to pick me up."
-Allah Akbar
Bowehammed

I don't care if he is a traitor or not.

Obama endangered every American who is abroad by negotiating with terrorists.

Watching Republican Senator's this morning on Morning Joe talking about this situation.

There was no letter on the bed. Senators asked the military and they said it had been fully investigated. It never existed.

One GOP Senator said that Bergdahl looked undernourished, drugged, was mumbling and appeared to be "coerced", but didn't seem to be in any imminent danger (huh"?). This from a 90 second video shown to all Senators.

And they were asked if the White House called them and apologized for any misunderstanding and they had the hardest time saying "yes".

Joe Scarborough attacked the parents of this kid while others at the table told him to leave the kid's parents alone. Joe said the parents should have called the Pentagon and demanded care for their son (after VA funding has been cut - like that's gonna happen).

What isn't clear is whether Republicans understand that it was al Qaeda that attacked the US. To an outside observer, after 9/11, the US then attacked Iraq and the Taliban but let the leader of al Qaeda go. I never could understand that.

And finally, isn't leaving an American in the hands of Islamic Extremists what Republicans accused Obama of doing?

I think in their zeal to attack the president, Republicans are setting themselves up for very difficult explanations. How do you think they will respond?

"Misunderstanding"? There was no misunderstanding between the Obama Administration and Congress! Barry decided to do this deal because his group of idiots mistakenly thought it would be great PR. They didn't tell anyone over on Capital Hill that they were going to pull the trigger on it because they KNEW that every time a prisoner swap had been suggested before there had been strong bipartisan opposition to it. This deal was done for strictly political reasons. It was done because the Obama Administration was taking so much heat about the VA scandal that they desperately needed something to "change the narrative". The thing that's telling is that this group of SUPPOSEDLY intelligent people didn't understand how trading five high level terrorists for one low level deserter was going to outrage so many people.

negotiations were in the works since december. does that fit your narrative that his release was manufactured to cover anything up?

lol. Since December. Love it.

3 years ago they asked for 5 for 1
2 year ago they asked for 5 for 1

What "negotiations" since December took 6 months to result in....5 for 1.

Dam....the talking points make no sense but you regurgitate them anyway.

This is one of the dumber arguments.

Do you really believe the Taliban didn't want to capture more Americans until now? :lol:

"Gosh, now we have a REASON to capture some more!"

BWA-HA-HA-HA!

what makes you think that?

The President said, just today, that we will NEVER leave a man or woman in uniform behind so he stands by his deal.

You don't think that opens the door to take another hostage and ask for all of the detainees?

And maybe some cash.

And some planes.

Afterall...."we NEVER leave a man behind"

Here's the thing.

Once we have wound down the war in Afghanistan at the end of the year, we are going to start releasing the rest of the detainees. Prisoner exchange or no prisoner exchange.

This is one of the dumber arguments.

Do you really believe the Taliban didn't want to capture more Americans until now? :lol:

"Gosh, now we have a REASON to capture some more!"

BWA-HA-HA-HA!

asshole...

They had captured 1 in how many years?

No. It was not worth risking Taliban fighters to get one American because Americans were known NOT to negotiate with terrorists....so a hostage was useless.

But now?

10 Taliban can get killed for 1 hostage...and in return 130 detainees returned.

Here's the thing.

Once we have wound down the war in Afghanistan at the end of the year, we are going to start releasing the rest of the detainees. Prisoner exchange or no prisoner exchange.

but the war wont be over.

So why would we?

what makes you think that?

The President said, just today, that we will NEVER leave a man or woman in uniform behind so he stands by his deal.

You don't think that opens the door to take another hostage and ask for all of the detainees?

And maybe some cash.

And some planes.

Afterall...."we NEVER leave a man behind"

Terrorists don't do what they do for cash and prizes or to get their friends freed. They do what they do to get attention to their cause.

The reason terrorists stopped taking planes is not because we stopped negotiating with them. They stopped because we got very good at killing them when they took planes. And we got very good at hunting down all their friends and family when they took planes.

The Bergdahl thing changes nothing. The Taliban would be snatching more Americans if they could anyway. It's just that you don't find many Americans wandering around the wilds of Afghanistan or Pakistan. You have the occasional idiot backpackers wandering into Iran and shit, but that's about it. Then there's the random Christian missionary pushing Bibles. Those kinds of people have been being taken since long before Bergdahl's release.

This exchange changes nothing in that respect. If you are a defenseless American and wander across the vision of a terrorist, you are getting taken down, Bergdahl or no Bergdahl.

Last edited:
Here's the thing.

hey genius...

War is not a marriage. In a marriage, if one wants out the other must comply.

in war, if one wants out the other can still wage war.

We are leaving Afghanistan...but the war will not be over. Just that one front will be vacated.

Obama could have pulled a Bush & let 10 Al-Qaeda Terrorist go for nothing in return.

Also Taliban POWs are not Al-Qaeda Terrorist or OBL that Bush let go.

Now Obama gets to kill these Taliban & all their supporters with a drone as soon as they pick up a weapon.

Obama has killed 6 times more Al-Qaeda Terrorist than Bush did in his entire 8 years in office.

Presidents-Pakistan.jpg

Forum List

Back