🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There was no letter on the bed

rdean is stupid.

one can still be proud and like our military and still believe that a few people covered up something. to claim it never happens shows how stupid rdean is.
Dean wont ask a question if a Democrat says something.....and if someone else does....well you have seen how he reacts....

[

Here's the "thing", Joe! You're willing to trash the reputations of everyone else in Bergdahl's platoon in order to cover up the stupidity of making this trade. There was no cover-up of a "messed up" unit by the Army. This is a rather pathetic attempt by you on the Left to excuse what it was the Bergdahl did. You need Bergdahl to be "heroic" because if he's simply an idiot who decided to change sides in the middle of a war then trading 5 dangerous terrorists for him was really bad policy. Doing it for political reasons only makes it worse.

Bergdahl's platoon is the one who left a man behind. Because obviously, discipline had so degraded that they didn't even follow the basics.

When I went through NCO school, they spent a LOT of time teaching us how to spot guys who were losing it and might make a suicide attempt. And frankly, from what these soldiers now report, Bergdahl was showing all these signs. Sullen, withdrawn, giving away his personal possessions.

SO I have to ask, where were the NCO's in this unit, and why didnt' they intervene. YOu know, the ones running in front of every Faux News outlet they can get on, why didn't they do their jobs as NCO's five years ago?

Unless I am mistaken he didn't commit suicide but nice you want to place blame elsewhere. Being sullen, and withdrawn is a way of life to many in the service if you eliminated those folks 1/2 the force would be gone. No one can be happy sitting in a bunker in Afghanistan. My opinion, he wanted a Jason Borne adventure and it all went badly.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

And then you have what procedure says you so when you see a problem soldier like this.

Here's the thing, this guy wandered off base without his weapons/armor at least twice before he got captured. That should have been a BIG RED FLAG.

If he had NCO's who were doing their jobs.

CaféAuLait;9217310 said:
I am trying to figure out why you think this matters? Didn't everyone know he walked away before now? That his being a deserter is nothing new as alleged by the left? If you read the article it was clear he was leaving that is why he sent the stuff home to his parents.

There is a difference between walking away and deserting. When I was in the military, they brought in a deserter from 5 years earlier, put him in my room and told me to watch him. I told him that since he obviously came back on his own, he wasn't going anywhere so don't get me in trouble and don't do anything else wrong and I'll leave him alone. I still have pictures of him sleeping on the floor on a mattress because we didn't have any spare bunks.
So this guy went to France and joined the French Foreign Legion and they sent his ass off to war in Africa. He came back because his mother became sick and he missed his family. He deserted a second time from them.
Now there are times the military can be really incompetent. When a soldier comes back from unauthorized leave, he is supposed to get a statement of charges put into his 201 file within four weeks of returning or he can't be charged. So he spent the days in the office I worked in reading the books there on Military Regulations as they prepared a case against him. And those books were as big as an encyclopedia filling an entire book shelf.
After the four weeks passed, he went to the Jag office and told a lawyer there about the regulations he found. The Jag Officer, a captain, when to the MP, got an armed guard, then went to Arpac and picked up the 201 file taking it to the station and ordering it stay under guard so a SOC couldn't be slipped in.
So they had to let the guy go. His pay during the entire time had been going to the American Express office, where most of us had accounts. It couldn't be touched. He was given an honorable discharge and sent home.
The battalion law clerk (an E5) was fired. And there were all these high ranking officers crawling around our battalion for a week afterwards.

So I know there is incompetency in the military. But most of the time, the officers get away with blaming it on NCO's like that E5.

But taking a stroll? At the very least, he should have gotten an article 15. When you get a chunk taken from your pay, you tend to be more alert. He may be responsible for walking away, but his commander and squad leader should be held accountable if he wasn't punished the first few times.

using rdean's logic, he hates the military.

A smart person would have seen the real issue.

Bergdahl's platoon is the one who left a man behind. Because obviously, discipline had so degraded that they didn't even follow the basics.

When I went through NCO school, they spent a LOT of time teaching us how to spot guys who were losing it and might make a suicide attempt. And frankly, from what these soldiers now report, Bergdahl was showing all these signs. Sullen, withdrawn, giving away his personal possessions.

SO I have to ask, where were the NCO's in this unit, and why didnt' they intervene. YOu know, the ones running in front of every Faux News outlet they can get on, why didn't they do their jobs as NCO's five years ago?

Unless I am mistaken he didn't commit suicide but nice you want to place blame elsewhere. Being sullen, and withdrawn is a way of life to many in the service if you eliminated those folks 1/2 the force would be gone. No one can be happy sitting in a bunker in Afghanistan. My opinion, he wanted a Jason Borne adventure and it all went badly.

And then you have what procedure says you so when you see a problem soldier like this.

Here's the thing, this guy wandered off base without his weapons/armor at least twice before he got captured. That should have been a BIG RED FLAG.

Clearly. Most Republicans on the USMB are chicken hawks. They don't actually know anything about the military. They pretend to support the military but cheer when their party cuts food stamps for disabled veterans.

He snuck out, his NCOs were unaware of his leaving until the AR 15-6.

I read about his unit, there were issues with lax command. it does not give him the right to go AWOL. He sent his stuff home 2 weeks into the tour and left at 5.

He stated he would go AWOL BEFORE arriving in Afghanistan "if the war was lame". He planned this after becoming disillusioned since he was so unhappy after being rejected by the French Foreign legion.

CaféAuLait;9222732 said:
[

I read about his unit, there were issues with lax command. it does not give him the right to go AWOL. He sent his stuff home 2 weeks into the tour and left at 5.

He stated he would go AWOL BEFORE arriving in Afghanistan "if the war was lame". He planned this after becoming disillusioned since he was so unhappy after being rejected by the French Foreign legion.

Okay, here's the thing. NO one said he had a "Right to go AWOL".

And frankly, what we have is a lot of speculation from other people, and not hearing his side of the story.

You see, I would ask questions like, was he suffering from PTSD?

Were he and other members of the unit using "Go/No Go Pills" to control their alertness level/sleep cycles?

Why didn't the NCO's in this Unit say something or do something when he started to act strangely?

If he went "AWOL", why didn't the Army list him as AWOL?

In fact, if he went AWOL, why did the army promote him twice in Abstenia?

I think what is more bothersome is that this shows how Talk Radio and Faux News are wagging the Republican Dog. A few weeks before this, all these Republicans were calling for Bergdahl's release and even criticizing Obama for not doing more to secure it.

And then Obama did it, and low and behold, Bergdahl is suddenly the worst traitor since Judas Iscariot.

CaféAuLait;9222732 said:

And this is why his squad leader, First Sgt and battery commander should be questioned. Battery commanders report to the Battalion commander, squad leaders report to the Battery commander's NCO representative. The Battalion Commander has no responsibility if this was never reported to him. If this guy was wondering off, his squad leader should report it to the First Sgt. The 1st Sgt to the Battery commander. It's the Battery commander (Typically a Captain - not an "acting" caption) who would take action. Actions could include:
Arrest and confinement
mental evaluation
article 15
cut in pay, rank or both
discharge at less than honorable

And you would have to be an idiot or brain damaged to "wonder off" in, of all places, "Afghanistan".

CaféAuLait;9222732 said:

And this is why his squad leader, First Sgt and battery commander should be questioned. Battery commanders report to the Battalion commander, squad leaders report to the Battery commander's NCO representative. The Battalion Commander has no responsibility if this was never reported to him. If this guy was wondering off, his squad leader should report it to the First Sgt. The 1st Sgt to the Battery commander. It's the Battery commander (Typically a Captain - not an "acting" caption) who would take action. Actions could include:
Arrest and confinement
mental evaluation
article 15
cut in pay, rank or both

And you would have to be an idiot or brain damaged to "wonder off" in, of all places, "Afghanistan".

I guess you still don't get it. None of his command was aware, to include NCO's. The fact he walked away before was known by a few other PFC's. And they DID NOT REPORT it to command until the 15-6 investigation-after he disappeared.

CaféAuLait;9225405 said:
I guess you still don't get it. None of his command was aware, to include NCO's. The fact he walked away before was known by a few other PFC's. And they DID NOT REPORT it to command until the 15-6 investigation-after he disappeared.

But his odd behavior was evident weeks before he left. And if the NCO's didn't notice it, shame on them.

CaféAuLait;9225405 said:

But his odd behavior was evident weeks before he left. And if the NCO's didn't notice it, shame on them.

It seems to me this unit had issues within its ranks, whether it be trust or what have you. Bowe stated he would go AWOL before ever arriving in Afghanistan. It also sounds like he did not like his NCOs as well so he seemed to be bitching quite a bit, about everything.

Given his history and discontent since the Army was his second choice after being rejected from the French Foreign Legion, I think this caused many issues.

I believe Bowe had silly expectations of going to war, he should have joined the Peace Corps or something else. That is what he wanted to give was humanitarian aid.

I read of his time at NTC, the Guardian reporter and Rolling Stone reporter wrote of issues which I know of in every unit. For instance, when someone misplaced his weapon the reporter was aghast in reporting the whole unit had to stay behind to look for it. This is Army life as were many of the issues. Were there others? I'm sure there were, as in many a unit.

I believe much of it was blown up in Bowe's head as well as there being real disorganization. Even if there were issues 5 weeks is no where near the time to settle and figure things out.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think a lot of these soldiers who can't wait to get on Faux News to tell us what a fuckup Bowe was really didn't do their jobs. You look out for the other members of your squad, your platoon, your company, your battalion.

They didn't do this. Then they got a bad reputation as the unit that "lost" a guy.

so I take it with a grain of salt.

My opinion, give the guy a discharge and be done with him.

Obama aided terrorists by giving them 5 known terrorist leaders without the approval of congress.

You can sugar coat it all you want...and blame republicans for making a big deal about it...

But the bottom line is this....

Obama aided terrorists by giving them 5 known terrorist leaders without the approval of congress....AKA, the American People.

Now that these terrorist know that Obama might negotiate with them, you can bet that kidnapping attempts on U.S soldiers will increase.

Good job Obama :clap2::

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think a lot of these soldiers who can't wait to get on Faux News to tell us what a fuckup Bowe was really didn't do their jobs. You look out for the other members of your squad, your platoon, your company, your battalion.

They didn't do this. Then they got a bad reputation as the unit that "lost" a guy.

so I take it with a grain of salt.

My opinion, give the guy a discharge and be done with him.

Well I might agree, IF they had not been saying the SAME things in the 2010 military report and the 2012 article in Rolling Stone magazine written by Hastings before he was killed.

Obama aided terrorists by giving them 5 known terrorist leaders without the approval of congress.

You can sugar coat it all you want...and blame republicans for making a big deal about it...

Obama aided terrorists by giving them 5 known terrorist leaders without the approval of congress....AKA, the American People.

Now that these terrorist know that Obama might negotiate with them, you can bet that kidnapping attempts on U.S soldiers will increase.

It's been a week. How many are there?

CaféAuLait;9222732 said:

Arrest and confinement
mental evaluation
article 15
cut in pay, rank or both

Oh and the other thing I would like to point out is his sneaking away was ONLY PROVED for NTC, he snuck away from his unit to another. NTC is in California for those who do not know. It was also suspected he many have once before he went AWOL in Afghanistan.

The report cites accounts from his unit mates that in their predeployment exercise at the Army’s National Training Center at Fort Irwin, Calif., he sneaked or crawled off a designated course or range either to see how far he could go or to see a sunrise or sunset.

The report is also said to cite members of his platoon as saying that he may have taken a shorter unauthorized walk outside the concertina wire of his combat outpost in eastern Afghanistan before he left for good,

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/06/w...-walked-away-before-military-report-says.html

Yea, because soldiers are so easy to pick up at the local Starbucks.

Quit repeating ignorant and stupid right wingnut talking points.

CaféAuLait;9225661 said:
CaféAuLait;9222732 said:

Arrest and confinement
mental evaluation
article 15
cut in pay, rank or both

Oh and the other thing I would like to point out is his sneaking away was ONLY PROVED for NTC, he snuck away from his unit to another. NTC is in California for those who do not know. It was also suspected he many have once before he went AWOL in Afghanistan.

The report cites accounts from his unit mates that in their predeployment exercise at the Army’s National Training Center at Fort Irwin, Calif., he sneaked or crawled off a designated course or range either to see how far he could go or to see a sunrise or sunset.

The report is also said to cite members of his platoon as saying that he may have taken a shorter unauthorized walk outside the concertina wire of his combat outpost in eastern Afghanistan before he left for good,

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/06/w...-walked-away-before-military-report-says.html

That was the point I was making. And they sent him to Afghanistan anyway? Knowing he had "issues" they put his unit at risk? This will be an investigation going on beyond his "interview".

Last edited by a moderator:

Well let's see if the GOP boys can finally muster the balls to impeach him then, huh? So far they just stand on the sidelines and cry like little girls.

They can not impeach him for the possible breach of the law that calls for 30 days notice to congress for that is not a criminal offense.

The only CRIMINAL law he may be found in breach of is one that forbids the aiding of terrorists. A law his own justice department enforces regularly...and one that allowed for a drone killing of an American Citizen.

But it is a long shot and not worth the negative political points the GOP will get for it.

But it doesn't change one thing....

Obama aided terrorists by giving them 5 known terrorist leaders without the approval of congress....AKA, the American People

You got all of it right! Semper Fi
Vietnam when us grunts loaded our rifles from front.

Forum List

Back