🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There was no letter on the bed

CaféAuLait;9217310 said:
CaféAuLait;9217278 said:
No, where did you even come up with that? Do you believe that soldiers only go to war with one uniform?

I suppose you think his parents are liars.

Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Thanks for the article. I hadn't read that one. So Republicans knew about this all the way back in 2012. I had heard they knew about it as far back as 2011.

And I sent OD Green pants, shirts and coats to cousins in Virginia and North Carolina when I was in the service. Course I never walked away a bunch of times either. No one ever accused me of being Forest Gump.

I am trying to figure out why you think this matters? Didn't everyone know he walked away before now? That his being a deserter is nothing new as alleged by the left? If you read the article it was clear he was leaving that is why he sent the stuff home to his parents.

There is a difference between walking away and deserting. When I was in the military, they brought in a deserter from 5 years earlier, put him in my room and told me to watch him. I told him that since he obviously came back on his own, he wasn't going anywhere so don't get me in trouble and don't do anything else wrong and I'll leave him alone. I still have pictures of him sleeping on the floor on a mattress because we didn't have any spare bunks.
So this guy went to France and joined the French Foreign Legion and they sent his ass off to war in Africa. He came back because his mother became sick and he missed his family. He deserted a second time from them.
Now there are times the military can be really incompetent. When a soldier comes back from unauthorized leave, he is supposed to get a statement of charges put into his 201 file within four weeks of returning or he can't be charged. So he spent the days in the office I worked in reading the books there on Military Regulations as they prepared a case against him. And those books were as big as an encyclopedia filling an entire book shelf.
After the four weeks passed, he went to the Jag office and told a lawyer there about the regulations he found. The Jag Officer, a captain, when to the MP, got an armed guard, then went to Arpac and picked up the 201 file taking it to the station and ordering it stay under guard so a SOC couldn't be slipped in.
So they had to let the guy go. His pay during the entire time had been going to the American Express office, where most of us had accounts. It couldn't be touched. He was given an honorable discharge and sent home.
The battalion law clerk (an E5) was fired. And there were all these high ranking officers crawling around our battalion for a week afterwards.

So I know there is incompetency in the military. But most of the time, the officers get away with blaming it on NCO's like that E5.

But taking a stroll? At the very least, he should have gotten an article 15. When you get a chunk taken from your pay, you tend to be more alert. He may be responsible for walking away, but his commander and squad leader should be held accountable if he wasn't punished the first few times.

[

Here's the "thing", Joe! You're willing to trash the reputations of everyone else in Bergdahl's platoon in order to cover up the stupidity of making this trade. There was no cover-up of a "messed up" unit by the Army. This is a rather pathetic attempt by you on the Left to excuse what it was the Bergdahl did. You need Bergdahl to be "heroic" because if he's simply an idiot who decided to change sides in the middle of a war then trading 5 dangerous terrorists for him was really bad policy. Doing it for political reasons only makes it worse.

Bergdahl's platoon is the one who left a man behind. Because obviously, discipline had so degraded that they didn't even follow the basics.

When I went through NCO school, they spent a LOT of time teaching us how to spot guys who were losing it and might make a suicide attempt. And frankly, from what these soldiers now report, Bergdahl was showing all these signs. Sullen, withdrawn, giving away his personal possessions.

SO I have to ask, where were the NCO's in this unit, and why didnt' they intervene. YOu know, the ones running in front of every Faux News outlet they can get on, why didn't they do their jobs as NCO's five years ago?
Good question.

From the Rolling Stone piece in 2012, it sounds like there wasn't much leadership there at all at one point - he really got stuck with the goof-off brigade.

CaféAuLait;9217310 said:
Thanks for the article. I hadn't read that one. So Republicans knew about this all the way back in 2012. I had heard they knew about it as far back as 2011.

And I sent OD Green pants, shirts and coats to cousins in Virginia and North Carolina when I was in the service. Course I never walked away a bunch of times either. No one ever accused me of being Forest Gump.

I am trying to figure out why you think this matters? Didn't everyone know he walked away before now? That his being a deserter is nothing new as alleged by the left? If you read the article it was clear he was leaving that is why he sent the stuff home to his parents.

There is a difference between walking away and deserting. When I was in the military, they brought in a deserter from 5 years earlier, put him in my room and told me to watch him. I told him that since he obviously came back on his own, he wasn't going anywhere so don't get me in trouble and don't do anything else wrong and I'll leave him alone. I still have pictures of him sleeping on the floor on a mattress because we didn't have any spare bunks.
So this guy went to France and joined the French Foreign Legion and they sent his ass off to war in Africa. He came back because his mother became sick and he missed his family. He deserted a second time from them.
Now there are times the military can be really incompetent. When a soldier comes back from unauthorized leave, he is supposed to get a statement of charges put into his 201 file within four weeks of returning or he can't be charged. So he spent the days in the office I worked in reading the books there on Military Regulations as they prepared a case against him. And those books were as big as an encyclopedia filling an entire book shelf.
After the four weeks passed, he went to the Jag office and told a lawyer there about the regulations he found. The Jag Officer, a captain, when to the MP, got an armed guard, then went to Arpac and picked up the 201 file taking it to the station and ordering it stay under guard so a SOC couldn't be slipped in.
So they had to let the guy go. His pay during the entire time had been going to the American Express office, where most of us had accounts. It couldn't be touched. He was given an honorable discharge and sent home.
The battalion law clerk (an E5) was fired. And there were all these high ranking officers crawling around our battalion for a week afterwards.

So I know there is incompetency in the military. But most of the time, the officers get away with blaming it on NCO's like that E5.

But taking a stroll? At the very least, he should have gotten an article 15. When you get a chunk taken from your pay, you tend to be more alert. He may be responsible for walking away, but his commander and squad leader should be held accountable if he wasn't punished the first few times.

who cares about all that...and if you did serve, thank you but that still doesn't give you the right to just DISMISS everyone who is upset over this,
the majority of the people are worried and upset over Obama stepping over us and our Representation in Congress and trading these fikken terrorist that were high level operatives and one step below BIN LADEN

Last edited:
[

Here's the "thing", Joe! You're willing to trash the reputations of everyone else in Bergdahl's platoon in order to cover up the stupidity of making this trade. There was no cover-up of a "messed up" unit by the Army. This is a rather pathetic attempt by you on the Left to excuse what it was the Bergdahl did. You need Bergdahl to be "heroic" because if he's simply an idiot who decided to change sides in the middle of a war then trading 5 dangerous terrorists for him was really bad policy. Doing it for political reasons only makes it worse.

Bergdahl's platoon is the one who left a man behind. Because obviously, discipline had so degraded that they didn't even follow the basics.

When I went through NCO school, they spent a LOT of time teaching us how to spot guys who were losing it and might make a suicide attempt. And frankly, from what these soldiers now report, Bergdahl was showing all these signs. Sullen, withdrawn, giving away his personal possessions.

SO I have to ask, where were the NCO's in this unit, and why didnt' they intervene. YOu know, the ones running in front of every Faux News outlet they can get on, why didn't they do their jobs as NCO's five years ago?

Unless I am mistaken he didn't commit suicide but nice you want to place blame elsewhere. Being sullen, and withdrawn is a way of life to many in the service if you eliminated those folks 1/2 the force would be gone. No one can be happy sitting in a bunker in Afghanistan. My opinion, he wanted a Jason Borne adventure and it all went badly.

The anti-American pieces of shit are still bashing the military who DIDN'T desert and get people killed, I see.

Chambliss on Bergdahl swap: 'al-Qaida got its new board of directors'

NEW YORK, June 5 (UPI) --Appearing on MSNBC's Morning Joe, Georgia Senator Saxby Chambliss became the latest to condemn President Obama's prisoner swap, saying al-Qaida is celebrating the return of its most powerful commanders.

"There was nothing in that file relative to any letter he left," Chambliss said, alluding to reports that claim Bergdahl left a "resignation" letter upon his alleged desertion. "So when I saw the article in the press the other day about that I was really surprised by it because the army doesn't play games with us on something like this. Yesterday in the hearing we did get confirmation that there was in fact no letter that they're aware of." When asked if he knew of any military casualties incurred during efforts to rescue Sgt. Bergdahl, Chambliss said he did not.

------------------------------------------------

This idiot Republican may be pissed at Obama for bringing this guy home, but he shot down Fox and Republican talking points every time he opened his mouth.

And these dumbass right wingers like Yurt and Harry, when they call me a liar, they need to say about what so I can quickly show the world what fools they are.

hey Yurt?....we are right wingers now....we disagreed with Mr Far Lefty.....what else can we be?....

Like what? Other people on this thread saw the same show. They already backed it up.

am i talking this show?.....or just your bullshit in general?....how about this one you posted a couple of years ago....."Republicans HATE Education and want to END it"......you could not back that one up.....you just gave your opinion of why YOU think that....and of course you got kicked on that one......how about when you claim Republicans hate minorities just because some far right bigots say something that you attribute to every Republican......and of course when i ask you a question about that....you did the famous Dean 2 step around it or just left the thread,something you are good at doing when you cant answer a question...most people here know you Dean....they know what i am talking about....

Remember, Republicans wanted to make this guy president. What does that tell you?

And "some" far right bigots? You mean like delegates at the GOP Presidential Convention?

GOP delegates throw nuts at African American CNN camerawoman: "This Is How We Feed Animals"

so you back up what i say....thanx.....one guy or a group says it....and you throw the blanket over every Republican....thanx Dean....now prove to me that Republicans HATE Education and want to END it.....and you never answer this question i have asked you a bunch of times......if Republicans HATE minorities,like you claim they do,why have they lived among them out here for decades and have even married them and have had kids with them.....why would they do that if they hate them like you claim they do?....

Last edited by a moderator:
[

Good question.

From the Rolling Stone piece in 2012, it sounds like there wasn't much leadership there at all at one point - he really got stuck with the goof-off brigade.

Sure. Lets judge his platoon.

Afterall, there is no way a man you NEVER met could be the type that would walk off and leave his post without good cause.

So sure. It must be OTHER PEOPLES fault.

Afterall, look at the man. Fine, upstanding well bred.....he is as perfect as they come.

Yep. Other peoples fault. Lets examine the other people.

Must be them.

CaféAuLait;9217278 said:
No, where did you even come up with that? Do you believe that soldiers only go to war with one uniform?

I suppose you think his parents are liars.

Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Hate to break this to you, Deanie...but you make Forrest Gump look like a MENSA candidate with some of your posts! At least Forrest had some common sense wisdom in the way he dealt with the world. You're just plain clueless...

its called an "Obsession".....

CaféAuLait;9217310 said:

who cares about all that...and if you did serve, thank you but that still doesn't give you the right to just DISMISS everyone who is upset over this,
the majority of the people are worried and upset over Obama stepping over us and our Representation in Congress and trading these fikken terrorist that were high level operatives and one step below BIN LADEN

thats because people with the Dean mindset DO NOT ask questions of those they blindly follow....and that mindset is usually with the farther left and right.....never question,just do.....

Republicans pretend they love the military. Now they are accusing the military of a "cover up". Guess there wasn't all that much love as we thought.

The Right's consensus on this issue is nothing more than we-have-to-oppose-it-because-Obama-did-it.

It doesn't matter who or what Bergdahl was/is. The Right would have concocted a trashing of the deal if our guy WAS a genuine war hero.

True. I watched a round table of GOP talkers and politicians and someone asked, "Should they have just left him with the Taliban?" and the entire table went silent. No one wanted to speak. The silence spoke volumes.

The answer to that should have been a resounding "Yes, if that was the only deal on the table!"

You know what will be amusing, Deanie? Seeing your response when one of those 5 released Taliban leaders commits an atrocity against the West or against the Afghan people. It's just a matter of time before that happens so start making up your excuses why that wasn't Barry's fault.

rdean is stupid.

one can still be proud and like our military and still believe that a few people covered up something. to claim it never happens shows how stupid rdean is.

CaféAuLait;9217310 said:

using rdean's logic, he hates the military.

True. I watched a round table of GOP talkers and politicians and someone asked, "Should they have just left him with the Taliban?"

The correct answer is, of course, "No. The American command should have offered to trade a sick or injured Taliban soldier (same rank as Bergdahl) for him. And waited for their favorable response.

"And waited."

Republicans pretend they love the military. Now they are accusing the military of a "cover up". Guess there wasn't all that much love as we thought.

The Right's consensus on this issue is nothing more than we-have-to-oppose-it-because-Obama-did-it.

It doesn't matter who or what Bergdahl was/is. The Right would have concocted a trashing of the deal if our guy WAS a genuine war hero.

True. I watched a round table of GOP talkers and politicians and someone asked, "Should they have just left him with the Taliban?" and the entire table went silent. No one wanted to speak. The silence spoke volumes.

The silence stated implicitly what most of us were thinking...

He walked away from his squad, his base, safety as he knew it in an attempt to contact the combatant. His team mates unsure were willing to risk their lives in attempt's to locate and rescue him. The only thing that could justify the action of NOT LEAVING him with his captures would have been if mental illness was suspect(ie..he was not thinking clearly), we may not like the choices that others make sometimes, but we have to learn that their will to do these things are greater than our desire to deter them from their own self destructive behavior.

The only other rationale thoughts would be that Bergdahl would have never been in that part of the country if not for the military.... therefore it was the military's responsibility to return him to a point from which he must find his own transportation to the terrorist.

True. I watched a round table of GOP talkers and politicians and someone asked, "Should they have just left him with the Taliban?"

The correct answer is, of course, "No. The American command should have offered to trade a sick or injured Taliban soldier (same rank as Bergdahl) for him. And waited for their favorable response.

"And waited."

And waited until Bergdahl died.

Forum List

Back