🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There was no letter on the bed

Did bergdahl leave a note ?

According to the New Yawk Slimes he did

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/u...ho-pow-vanished-angered-his-unit.html?hp&_r=1

WASHINGTON — Sometime after midnight on June 30, 2009, Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl left behind a note in his tent saying he had become disillusioned with the Army, did not support the American mission in Afghanistan and was leaving to start a new life. He slipped off the remote military outpost in Paktika Province on the border with Pakistan and took with him a soft backpack, water, knives, a notebook and writing materials, but left behind his body armor and weapons — startling, given the hostile environment around his outpost.

But what do they know?

Our resident lying, dimocrap scum know more than the Slimes and FNC. And the Daily Mail. And the UK Telegraph. And the Alphabet Media, NBC, CBS and ABC.

Interesting how the very detailed Hastings story on Bergdahl says nothing about a note on his bed. Why do you think that is?

Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone

At 9:00 that morning, the acting platoon leader, Sgt. 1st Class Larry Hein, called in over the radio to report a missing soldier. According to sources in the battalion, this was the last thing Hein needed, given all the scrutiny the unit had been under. The men needed a break. Instead, they had to find a member of their platoon. "That was a shitty week for all of them," says one soldier in the unit.

By 11:37 a.m., a Predator drone was on station, monitoring the area with a call sign of VOODOO. At 2:10 p.m., a Pathfinder and a team of tracking dogs arrived at the small outpost. Five minutes later, another Predator drone began circling the area. At 2:42, Guardrail – an electronic intercept plane run by the same clandestine Army agency that killed Pablo Escobar – captured low-level voice intercepts picked up from radio or cellphone traffic. An American soldier with a camera was reportedly looking for someone who spoke English.

The search quickly escalated. No one knew whether Bowe was a deserter,* a prisoner or a casualty. At that point he was simply listed as DUSTWUN – short for "Duty Status: Whereabouts Unknown." But either way, the Army wanted him back, fast. At 4:42 that afternoon, Col. Michael Howard, the senior officer responsible for three eastern provinces in Afghanistan, ordered that "all operations will cease until the missing soldier is found. All assets will be focused on the DUSTWUN situation and sustainment operations."

Within an hour, two F-18s were circling overhead. Afghan forces passed along intelligence that a U.S. soldier had been captured by the Taliban. By that evening, two F-15s – call sign DUDE-21 – had joined the search. A few minutes later, according* to files obtained by WikiLeaks, a radio transmission intercepted by U.S. forces stated that the Taliban had captured* three civilians and one U.S. soldier. The battalion leading the manhunt entered and searched three compounds in the area, but found nothing significant to report.

The next morning, more than 24 hours after Bowe had vanished, U.S. intelligence intercepted a conversation between two Taliban fighters:

"I SWEAR THAT I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING YET. WHAT HAPPENED. IS THAT TRUE THAT THEY CAPTURED AN AMERICAN GUY?"

"YES THEY DID. HE IS ALIVE. THERE IS NO WHERE HE CAN GO (LOL)" "IS HE STILL ALIVE?"

"YES HE IS ALIVE. BUT I DONT HAVE THE WHOLE STORY. DONT KNOW IF THEY WERE FIGHTING. ALL I KNOW IF THEY WERE FIGHTING. ALL I KNOW THAT THEY CAPTURE HIM ALIVE AND THEY ARE WITH HIM RIGHT NOW."

Then another intercept was picked up:

"CUT THE HEAD OFF"

Later that evening, a final intercept confirmed that Bowe had been captured by the Taliban, who were preparing an ambush for the search party.

"WE ARE WAITING FOR THEM."

"LOL THEY KNOW WHERE HE IS BUT THEY KEEP GOING TO WRONG AREA."

"OK SET UP THE WORK FOR THEM."

"YES WE HAVE A LOT OF IED ON THE ROAD."

"GOD WILLING WE WILL DO IT."

"WE WERE ATTACKING THE POST HE WAS SITTING TAKING EXPLETIVE HE HAD NO GUN WITH HIM. HE WAS TAKING EXPLETIVE, HE HAS NOT CLEANED HIS BUTT YET." "WHAT SHAME FOR THEM."

"YES LOOK THEY HAVE ALL AMERICANS, ANA HELICOPTERS THE PLANES ARE LOOKING FOR HIM."

"I THINK HE IS BIG SHOT THAT WHY THEY ARE LOOKING FOR HIM."

A third voice chimed in:

"CAN YOU GUYS MAKE A VIDEO OF HIM AND ANNOUNCE IT ALL OVER AFGHANISTAN THAT WE HAVE ONE OF THE AMERICANS."

"WE ALREADY HAVE A VIDEO OF HIM."

Oldstyle is an idiot.

Mainstream Americans believe that people who think like Oldstyle or listen to Fox are idiots.

The president had the constitutional authority as CiC to do what he did.

If any one of you don't like it, who cares?

The CiC has the authority to exchange POW's.

Obama and Holder were the ones who said they were NOT POW's and instead criminals and thus why they should be tried in US Federal Courts.

Now, since they were not POW's he COULD pardon them...

But then he would need congressional approval to use tax payer funds to transport them out of the country.

Seems you are not looking at the entire picture.

Just the bits and pieces that please you.

The CiC has the authority to do what he (not Congress) decides is necessary to conduct the war.

He does not need to clear it with you or anyone else.

Watching Republican Senator's this morning on Morning Joe talking about this situation.

There was no letter on the bed. Senators asked the military and they said it had been fully investigated. It never existed.

One GOP Senator said that Bergdahl looked undernourished, drugged, was mumbling and appeared to be "coerced", but didn't seem to be in any imminent danger (huh"?). This from a 90 second video shown to all Senators.

And they were asked if the White House called them and apologized for any misunderstanding and they had the hardest time saying "yes".

Joe Scarborough attacked the parents of this kid while others at the table told him to leave the kid's parents alone. Joe said the parents should have called the Pentagon and demanded care for their son (after VA funding has been cut - like that's gonna happen).

What isn't clear is whether Republicans understand that it was al Qaeda that attacked the US. To an outside observer, after 9/11, the US then attacked Iraq and the Taliban but let the leader of al Qaeda go. I never could understand that.

And finally, isn't leaving an American in the hands of Islamic Extremists what Republicans accused Obama of doing?

I think in their zeal to attack the president, Republicans are setting themselves up for very difficult explanations. How do you think they will respond?

Susan Rice stated he was in good health on national TV. holy crap!

you are acting like a child again.

You ignore the facts.

Just because we are leaving does not mean the war is over. The front is being vacated, but the war will still be ongoing as long as one side says "the war aint over"

SO tell me why vacating a front should result in returning the detainees?

Try to answer this time.

Its protocol...

It doesnt matter. You can repeat the bolded over and over and it still doesnt change the fact of when we leave, they will be released.

You not understanding doesnt change that. So we traded some guys for an American. Good because we will be releasing for nothing later on

your answer is "its protocol"?

Wrong.

It is protocol when a treaty is signed and the war is declared as over by BOTH parties.

not in this war because there is no state to sign agreeing the war is over.

It doesnt matter anyway. no matter the answer you are so invested in "not understanding" that nothing will make sense to you.

But that doesnt change reality. Reality says they will be released when this is over. We traded some for an American when we were going to release them anyway.

Still dont understand? Luckily that doesnt matter

Oldstyle is an idiot.

Mainstream Americans believe that people who think like Oldstyle or listen to Fox are idiots.

Jake. He broke the law by not giving 30 days notice on the release of the detainees.There is no wiggle room here. Hell's bells he's the one that signed that condition into law.

Obama has the authority to break a law that he signed into being just last year, Jake?

(1) He has the Constitutional authority to conduct the war as he sees fit. He is not answerable to you or Congress.

(2) Why are you surprised? He let folks know in his signing statement that he would interpret the law in the manner he wished.

Bergdahl was by every measure a rightwinger of the sort we now see in the militia movement.

Nope. I would not go that far.

I would.

He was raised rural by devout conservative Christians. He was homeschooled in the same vein. He had a 'rugged individualist' personality that rightwingers love to claim as their own. He fancied himself an adventurer, survivalist, soldier of fortune type.

What's not conservative about this guy?

Oldstyle is an idiot.

Jake. He broke the law by not giving 30 days notice on the release of the detainees.There is no wiggle room here. Hell's bells he's the one that signed that condition into law.

The answer is bolded above. Nothing else matters.

Because we are leaving thats why. What you meant to say is "No matter what Obama does its bad. So convince me why its not bad."

Cant bro, when you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. But that doesnt change the fact that at the end we will release them no matter if you "understand" it or not. :D

Btw War is not Marriage....lol

You ignore the facts.

Just because we are leaving does not mean the war is over. The front is being vacated, but the war will still be ongoing as long as one side says "the war aint over"

Try to answer this time.

Its protocol...

It doesnt matter. You can repeat the bolded over and over and it still doesnt change the fact of when we leave, they will be released.

You not understanding doesnt change that. So we traded some guys for an American. Good because we will be releasing for nothing later on

CC, do you know how he was captured?

Watching Republican Senator's this morning on Morning Joe talking about this situation.

There was no letter on the bed. Senators asked the military and they said it had been fully investigated. It never existed.

One GOP Senator said that Bergdahl looked undernourished, drugged, was mumbling and appeared to be "coerced", but didn't seem to be in any imminent danger (huh"?). This from a 90 second video shown to all Senators.

And they were asked if the White House called them and apologized for any misunderstanding and they had the hardest time saying "yes".

Joe Scarborough attacked the parents of this kid while others at the table told him to leave the kid's parents alone. Joe said the parents should have called the Pentagon and demanded care for their son (after VA funding has been cut - like that's gonna happen).

What isn't clear is whether Republicans understand that it was al Qaeda that attacked the US. To an outside observer, after 9/11, the US then attacked Iraq and the Taliban but let the leader of al Qaeda go. I never could understand that.

And finally, isn't leaving an American in the hands of Islamic Extremists what Republicans accused Obama of doing?

I think in their zeal to attack the president, Republicans are setting themselves up for very difficult explanations. How do you think they will respond?

Do you know how he was captured?

Obama has the authority to break a law that he signed into being just last year, Jake?

(1) He has the Constitutional authority to conduct the war as he sees fit. He is not answerable to you or Congress.

(2) Why are you surprised? He let folks know in his signing statement that he would interpret the law in the manner he wished.

Suddenly republicans forget all about the Unitary Executive and the War Powers theories they were so Gung Ho about just 6 years ago. NOW its law breaking.

When? Uh, right now.

Then too? Pshaw, no silly

You ignore the facts.

Try to answer this time.

Its protocol...

CC, do you know how he was captured?

No, Tell me why that has to do with the topic...I bet you cant

Susan Rice stated he was in good health on national TV. holy crap!

Yes she did.

Oldstyle is an idiot.

The CiC has the authority to exchange POW's.

Obama and Holder were the ones who said they were NOT POW's and instead criminals and thus why they should be tried in US Federal Courts.

Now, since they were not POW's he COULD pardon them...

But then he would need congressional approval to use tax payer funds to transport them out of the country.

Seems you are not looking at the entire picture.

Just the bits and pieces that please you.
NO ONE, not one soldier, no matter who they are, if captured by our enemies there and held prisoners, are designated POW's.....

Do you know why?

Does this mean to you that any soldier captured by our enemy in Afghanistan is not a prisoner of war just because the Military has chosen new words labeling them?

Jarhead, you are much much smarter than this.....

OF COURSE any soldier captured in Afghanistan by our enemies and whom they are fighting against, ARE PRISONERS OF WAR whether the military has decided to use those exact words or not in their designation, and the President as CIC would have authority....

so this argument of yours claiming that this soldier and ANY OR ALL SOLDIERS captured in a war zone in Afghnistan are NOT prisoners of war, falls FLAT....

The ONLY REASON the USA is not calling those captured Prisoners of war from Afghanistan, is BECAUSE if Bush did call those Taliban and AlQaeda prisoners of ours Prisoners of war, then we would NOT have been able to hold them in Gitmo, without hearings or trial and would have had to follow the Geneva Convention rules for such....so no torturing....

So, this designation of Missing/Captured by enemy by the Military is in essence, the same as POW, and those captured there when and if released get POW military awards/medals, the same ones those in Viet Nam or world war II would get if warranted....with the POW label on the medal title.

Its protocol...

your answer is "its protocol"?

Wrong.

It is protocol when a treaty is signed and the war is declared as over by BOTH parties.

not in this war because there is no state to sign agreeing the war is over.

It doesnt matter anyway. no matter the answer you are so invested in "not understanding" that nothing will make sense to you.

But that doesnt change reality. Reality says they will be released when this is over. We traded some for an American when we were going to release them anyway.

Still dont understand? Luckily that doesnt matter

and there you go again...

My answer is..."it is because it is"....and its not my fault that you cant understand that.

So, in other words, you don't know why we are going to do it....but we are going to do it anyway.

I gave you a valid reason why such may not happen...and you say I am wrong but don't explain how I may be wrong...other than saying "this is different"

When you grow up, Ill debate ideas with you....until then, no interest.

Impeachment? A little reality check here, Kiddies! If the GOP had the votes for impeachment then they would have the votes to repeal ObamaCare. They don't...they won't...so why even waste time talking about it?

The answer is "he acted constitutionally" and there is nothing you can do about it.

Impeachment? A little reality check here, Kiddies! If the GOP had the votes for impeachment then they would have the votes to repeal ObamaCare. They don't...they won't...so why even waste time talking about it?

This thread reminds me of "Game of Thrones".

"2016 is coming", Republicans, if you don't wise up.

Forum List

Back