There's Now a Gay Bible. It's a Thing.

Homosexuality was first mentioned in the Bible in 1946 in the Revised Standard Version. There is no mention of or reference to homosexuality in any Bible prior to this — only interpretations have been made. Anti-LGBT Bible interpretations commonly cite only eight verses in the Bible that they interpret to mean homosexuality is a sin; Eight verses in a book of thousands!
I'm not a big fan of certain parts of the Bible, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to alter it any way, shape, or form...

SOURCE: Introducing The Queen James Bible
The reason that homosexuality was first introduced in the Bible after the turn of the century is because the word homosexual, according to Mirriam-Webster, was in 1892:

First Known Use of HOMOSEXUAL

It's a modern word. There were other words used to describe the condition, which likely was around prior to 1892. In the Book of Kings or Chronicles, where battles were described, I recollect a description of a battle-successful group referred to as "an Army of Eunuchs." Those men were also used to guard the King's harems. I'm not 100% sure, but that seems that two nearby named "Sodom and Gomorrah" were known particularly as towns of infinite debauchery described as being destroyed by fire from the sky after Lot and his wife left them on orders of an angel of God when a visitor was assaulted by a mob of not very nice folk.

I think the word "sodomy" may have been named after a practice in the town of Sodom, but I'm not sure the words that were used in describing its destruction, it's been a while since I read Genesis, as I'm in the book of Psalms in my readings now.

Incorrect

Homos "choose" that behavior and lifestyle.

There is "zero"scientific evidence of a gay gene or other genetic disposition making them homo.

When did you "choose" to be heterosexual ?

After his boyfriend came out as transsexual and they decided they could be a real family and get married after the operation

Sunni Man said:
Hi, you have received -659 reputation points from Sunni Man.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
incorrect

Regards,
Sunni Man

Note: This is an automated message.

You still preferred to call yourself a proud gay man until after the divorce?

Christians don't follow the old testament laws, because Christ fulfilled them. Except when it comes to things they don't like, like homosexuality.

The selective hypocrisy is just amazing. More amazing though, is how blind they are to it.

Christians don't follow the old testament laws, because Christ fulfilled them. Except when it comes to things they don't like, like homosexuality.
Sorry, but you are mistaken. We go to a lot of trouble to teach youth in our churches the Ten Commandments and biblical stories, so they will understand what Christ meant.

Also, in the book of Romans, St. Paul makes it crystal clear God's law did not change or be completely erased: "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!" said he.

I'm guessing you are not completely familiar with scriptures linking the old and the new covenants? :dunno:

Last edited:
Sorry, but you are mistaken. We go to a lot of trouble to teach youth in our churches the Ten Commandments and biblical stories, so they will understand what Christ meant.

Also, in the book of Romans, St. Paul makes it crystal clear God's law did not change: "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!" said he.

I'm guessing you are not completely familiar with scriptures linking the old and the new covenants? :dunno:

When was the last time you made an animal sacrifice?

Incorrect

Homos "choose" that behavior and lifestyle.

There is "zero"scientific evidence of a gay gene or other genetic disposition making them homo.

When did you "choose" to be heterosexual ?

For me it was around 12 - 13. It involved real boobs and I've never looked back. :D

Sideways once, 'cause let's face it, ;) that dude was gorgeous! Never looked back though.

About the time of Jesus' cross according to the scriptures.

And I have touched hands with people who touched hands of people who touched hands (etc.) through the ages with St. Peter, who touched hands with Christ. ;)

Stop being facetious, Amy.

I'm not.

Animal sacrifice is an old testament law, a law which modern christans dont follow because Christ fulfilled the old testament covenant with his sacrifice.

The old testament also tells us to stone disobedient children, that those born out of wedlock cannot be priests and neither can their children or theirs or theirs, and that men are entitled to marry women they steal and rape from war.

Also, in the book of Romans, St. Paul makes it crystal clear God's law did not change or be completely erased: "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!" said he.

There are 613 commandments, not simply ten, and almost none of them are kept by christians, or even attempted to, or acknowledged as being important. Also, there is contradictory information in the new testament to what you just posted, known as Sola Fide, or faith alone. Deeds, nor the commandments are no longer relevant, according to some passages of the new testament. These passages directly contradict your claims about deeds or the past commandments being important:

Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

John 3:18, 36
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already .... He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Acts 16:30-31
Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Romans 1:16-17
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God salvation to every one that believeth.... As it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 3:20, 28
By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight. (v.20)
A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:2
For if Abraham were justified by works he hath whereof to glory? (v.28)

The fact that these inherent and blatant contradictions exist next to passages that indicate that works are important, is evidence that either the god that presumably wrote this book is a total idiot, an asshole that is trying to confuse us and make us hate each other, or non-existent, with these passages being written by humans that did not communicate well with each other, or was not revised properly to eliminate such contradictions.

Is Salvation by faith alone?

Last edited:
Homosexuality was first mentioned in the Bible in 1946 in the Revised Standard Version. There is no mention of or reference to homosexuality in any Bible prior to this — only interpretations have been made. Anti-LGBT Bible interpretations commonly cite only eight verses in the Bible that they interpret to mean homosexuality is a sin; Eight verses in a book of thousands!

I'm not a big fan of certain parts of the Bible, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to alter it any way, shape, or form...

That's funny. Didn't Thomas Jefferson completely alter the Bible to take out all of the supernatural bullshit? Yup. Funny how you are not commenting on this.

Jefferson Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's funny. Didn't Thomas Jefferson completely alter the Bible to take out all of the supernatural bullshit? Yup. Funny how you are not commenting on this.

That's old news. I'm pretty sure most people know about that already.

That's old news. I'm pretty sure most people know about that already.

If they do, it bears repeating and brought up in this thread, because it illucidates some hypocrisy here. The OP stated that bible should not be messed with, yet one of our founding fathers (who presumably, according to christians, are christian- which is false), did this very thing.

People pick on gay people because homosexuality scares them, so they use the bible to attempt to vindicate their fear so they can "lock" it away and not have to worry about possibly becoming gay, like its a disease or something. I guess this is a result of thinking it is a "choice."

There are 613 commandments, not simply ten, and almost none of them are kept by christians, or even attempted to, or acknowledged as being important. Also, there is contradictory information in the new testament to what you just posted, known as Sola Fide, or faith alone. Deeds, nor the commandments are no longer relevant, according to some passages of the new testament. These passages directly contradict your claims about deeds or the past commandments being important:

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already .... He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God salvation to every one that believeth.... As it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The fact that these inherent and blatant contradictions exist next to passages that indicate that works are important, is evidence that either the god that presumably wrote this book is a total idiot, an asshole that is trying to confuse us and make us hate each other, or non-existent, with these passages being written by humans that did not communicate well with each other, or was not revised properly to eliminate such contradictions.

Actually, depending on where you look in the Bible, there can be anywhere from 7 (7 Noahide Commandments) to 10 (10 Commandments).

What you are talking about is the 613 Mitzvah, and those are not so much commandments as they are rules for the running of a good Jewish society. Not all of them pertain to everyone, because there are different rules for priests, women, men, and all the other components of a functioning society.

And.....................they're not for Christians as much as they are for those of the Jewish faith.

Actually, depending on where you look in the Bible, there can be anywhere from 7 (7 Noahide Commandments) to 10 (10 Commandments).

What you are talking about is the 613 Mitzvah, and those are not so much commandments as they are rules for the running of a good Jewish society. Not all of them pertain to everyone, because there are different rules for priests, women, men, and all the other components of a functioning society.

And.....................they're not for Christians as much as they are for those of the Jewish faith.

They are commanded by god in the bible, and nowhere does it say "these 603 additional rules are only for jewish people, and not christians." You're just making that up so you don't have to feel accountable to it. If this is the case, then homosexuality being a sin shouldn't be respected either, since it is not in the ten commandments. You either have no cause to be homophobic on biblical grounds if you don't except the 603 Mitzvah as binding on gentiles, or, you must consider the whole MItzvah as pertinent. You don't get to pick and choose one precept from the 603 other commandments and ditch the rest, because it appeals to your deeper fears about homosexuality. That is called special pleading, and is not rationally justified.

Last edited:

They are commanded by god in the bible, and nowhere does it say "these 603 additional rules are only for jewish people, and not christians." You're just making that up so you don't have to feel accountable to it. If this is the case, then homosexuality being a sin shouldn't be respected either, since it is not in the ten commandments. You either have no cause to be homophobic on biblical grounds if you don't except the 603 Mitzvah as binding on gentiles, or, you must consider the whole MItzvah as pertinent. You don't get to pick and choose one precept from the 603 other commandments and ditch the rest, because it appeals to your deeper fears about homosexuality. That is called special pleading, and is not rationally justified.

Actually, those rules were given to the descendants of Abraham, because his line is God's Chosen people.

They had the 613 (NOT 603) mitzvot WAAAAYYYYYY before Christianity came around, and don't forget, it was the Roman Catholic Church who mixed in the pagan rites with Christianity in the first place.

Try again 'tard.

Actually, those rules were given to the descendants of Abraham, because his line is God's Chosen people.

They had the 613 (NOT 603) mitzvot WAAAAYYYYYY before Christianity came around, and don't forget, it was the Roman Catholic Church who mixed in the pagan rites with Christianity in the first place.

Try again 'tard.

You're not addressing any of the important points here and left them to stand, and I've already addressed your refutations. You are skirting the issue talking about who those rules were given to, and giving yourself a pass with this bullshit justification.

Forum List

Back