There's onlyone place smart guns belong (other than the garbage)

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
At the firing range.

k move along.

It should be noted, however, that the debate over smart guns could have major impact nationwide. The State of New Jersey has already legislated that once smartgun technology is available, conventional firearms shall not be sold to civilians in the State.

At the firing range.

k move along.

It should be noted, however, that the debate over smart guns could have major impact nationwide. The State of New Jersey has already legislated that once smartgun technology is available, conventional firearms shall not be sold to civilians in the State.
That's OK. If this shit spreads...we will make our own. The State of New Jersey is out of line here.

So we mustn't ban semi-automatic assault weapons, but we must ban smart guns?

lol, that's almost as funny a rightwing hypocrisy as Benghazi!

Great, another great campaign add, the folks in NJ might actually make some changes in their legislature.

Great, another great campaign add, the folks in NJ might actually make some changes in their legislature.

And hopefully get rid of Democrats...(not saying that Blue State Republicans are much better).

It’s also interesting to note that conservatives are afraid to allow the free market decide the fate of smart guns.

See, you're lying! Reading is fundamental, I suggest doing it:

The State of New Jersey has already legislated that once smartgun technology is available, conventional firearms shall not be sold to civilians in the State.

Smart guns will be life saves for my great grandkids. They will happen because people will want them. The NRA will not be able to stop them.

It will take many, many years before they begin making a dent in the deaths and injuries the conventional weapons make, but they will happen. It will be a good thing, long after we are dust.

Smart guns will be life saves for my great grandkids. They will happen because people will want them. The NRA will not be able to stop them.

It will take many, many years before they begin making a dent in the deaths and injuries the conventional weapons make, but they will happen. It will be a good thing, long after we are dust.

The NRA is not trying to stop smart guns. They are trying to stop New Jersey's mandate that they be the ONLY type of gun that can be sold or owned in NJ.

It’s also interesting to note that conservatives are afraid to allow the free market decide the fate of smart guns.

I think this is how the free market works. This gun has been discussed in depth over the last few days. I am sure some people will line up to pay $1,800.00 for a .22 pistol. But I think it will be a tiny minority. Between the price and the questions of reliability and the possibility of the signal being jammed, there are plenty of reasons people will not buy it.

Plus, gun people are, for the most part, a fairly traditional bunch. Ask Glock. They had to jump thru a dozen hoops and hang in for a few years before their weird looking pistol took off.

The NRA and GOA are indeed trying to prevent sales of smart guns Nationwide, which is why they’re not available anywhere in the country:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exNbPTETBNE]NRA HATES this SMART GUN!!! - Chris Hayes - YouTube[/ame]

Rather than intimidating resellers and lying about the merits of the product, let people buy smart guns if they want them, or not and let the market determine the gun's fate.

As for the New Jersey law, that has nothing to do with allowing people to buy the gun if they want one, it’s a political issue for the people of New Jersey to address.

At the firing range.

k move along.

I'm sure that Benson's will be selling them if you are interested. :)

The NRA is not trying to stop smart guns. They are trying to stop New Jersey's mandate that they be the ONLY type of gun that can be sold or owned in NJ.

I don't like that mandate, I think that they should be made available to the people who want them, luckily it's only confined to the State of New Jersey (so far) and I certainly don't want my state enacting such a law. Most of all, I don't want it to be a federal mandate.

You aren't too bright are you? Hopefully your great grandkids will be smarter than you are moron.

For all you thick headed moron democrats (pardon the redundancy):

The State of New Jersey has already legislated that once smartgun technology is available, conventional firearms shall not be sold to civilians in the State.

This is what the NRA objects to.

For all you thick headed moron democrats (pardon the redundancy):

This is what the NRA objects to.
Yep. And what RIGHT do they have to do that? Answer? NONE. It will be challenged in the SCOTUS.

40 pages and a second thread had to be started? Smart-guns, Benghazi-lite.

The smart gun is a cute piece of technology. I (and many other shooters) would not choose to have one as a personal or home defense weapon. And we have very good reasons for our choice.

I have no problem with the gun being on the market. My only problem is the idea that there has been legislation demanding that all guns in one state will be smartguns, and some want to push requirements thru for refitting all guns with the technology.

Anybody feel like dropping a cool $1,800.00 on a .22 pistol with a matching wristwatch?

Anybody care to take bets that the signal can be jammed?

I have just learned that the CA store was pressured by its customers to remove the gun from the shelves. Threatened with a boycott or whatever.

Forum List

Back