Thewaites Glacier, a volcano, and AGW propaganda

Again, why is it only now, when we can measure the increase in ocean temperatures that the ice shelves are breaking up?
Old Crock thinks no glaciers have reached the sea!

Only now? Have glaciers broke up and fell into the sea? I guess if I tree fall in the forest and nobody is there it does not make a sound.

Only now old crock! You are about the most entertaining on these forums.

Are there volcanoes under the antarctic or is this something I thought up myself and made my own .gov website to spread my propaganda?
There have been volcanoes under the Antarctic for millions of years.

That's the science. As usual, you ignore that actual science. Instead, you've faked a conspiracy about a magical massive spurt of brand new vulcanism.

Just quite it with the fraud. It's not fooling anyone outside of your cult.

How active are they now? How active were they a million years ago?
So you have no idea, but you still seem to know for certain that they're causing the ice melt. Seems like an entirely faith-based belief.

Meanwhile, we have these wonderful devices called "thermometers" that show the whole damn ocean is warming, and not just an isolated spot under the glacier. That would be evidence backing AGW theory over your magical thinking.

There have been volcanoes under the Antarctic for millions of years.

That's the science. As usual, you ignore that actual science. Instead, you've faked a conspiracy about a magical massive spurt of brand new vulcanism.

Just quite it with the fraud. It's not fooling anyone outside of your cult.
A moot point maMOOT

A bit of trolling in your comment, a bit of flaming. Certainly denial and projection in maMOOT's comment.

Yes, volcanos for millions of years. Millions of years of freezing, melting, going through the cycles of it's nature.

Yes, grasp any straw no matter how thin and make a claim of doom unless you are able to spend $100 trillion building more than man has ever built.

Yes, I see the democrats want to only save us. You people are a pathetic con.

Millions of years of Volcanos, no that is not science, that is a simple observation, moron!

A moot point maMOOT
Since your crying jags are so amusing, I'll just repeat what caused you to submissively urinate and then run away weeping.

What evidence do you have that there is massive _new_ vulcanism under Antarctica? Not evidence that volcanoes exist, but evidence that those volcanoes are brand new.

Why do you ignore the directly measured evidence of global ocean temperature increase, which extends to Antarctica? Are you saying that warmer water _doesn't_ melt ice faster? Please explain for us the physics of that.

You can run again now. Don't worry, nobody expects better of you.

Since your crying jags are so amusing, I'll just repeat what caused you to submissively urinate and then run away weeping.

What evidence do you have that there is massive _new_ vulcanism under Antarctica? Not evidence that volcanoes exist, but evidence that those volcanoes are brand new.

Why do you ignore the directly measured evidence of global ocean temperature increase, which extends to Antarctica? Are you saying that warmer water _doesn't_ melt ice faster? Please explain for us the physics of that.

You can run again now. Don't worry, nobody expects better of you.
Run, from what? The lack of evidence and science you presented.

You see weather you cry climate change.

You see an event that has repeated itself since time began, you cry climate change.

Proof, yes, what proof do you have. What proof does anybody have?

The proof I have is your solution to climate change releases more CO2 into the atmosphere than has been released since before the industrial age. $100 trillion dollars worth, and to sell the big con you need to be real scary.

Boo!

So you have no idea, but you still seem to know for certain that they're causing the ice melt. Seems like an entirely faith-based belief.

Meanwhile, we have these wonderful devices called "thermometers" that show the whole damn ocean is warming, and not just an isolated spot under the glacier. That would be evidence backing AGW theory over your magical thinking.

So you have no idea, but you still seem to know for certain that they're causing the ice melt.

You have me confused with someone else. I never claimed anything about them.
You seem to be claiming they aren't responsible for any additional melting.

Meanwhile, we have these wonderful devices called "thermometers" that show the whole damn ocean is warming,

Modern technology is awesome!!!!

How much did they show that the "whole damn ocean" has warmed?

1640318356964.png

Change in heat content in the upper 2,300 feet (700 meters) of the ocean from 1993-2020. Between 1993–2019, heat content rose by up to 6 Watts per square meter in parts of the ocean (dark orange). Some areas lost heat (blue), but overall, the ocean gained more heat than it lost. The changes in areas covered with the gray shading were not statistically significant. NOAA Climate.gov image, based on data from NCEI.

1640318455806.png

Run, from what? The lack of evidence and science you presented.
First rule of denialism: Always pretend the actual facts don't exist, so you can justify running.
You see weather you cry climate change.
Second rule of denialism: Deflect by making up a strawman and attacking it. Since you're incapable of addressing what anyone actually says, make up a crazy story about what they supposedly said.
The proof I have is your solution to climate change releases more CO2 into the atmosphere than has been released since before the industrial age. $100 trillion dollars worth, and to sell the big con you need to be real scary.
I don't follow your weirdass cult propaganda, hence I don't know what you're babbling about here. You're going to have to explain it in detail. And that's always hilarious.

First rule of denialism: Always pretend the actual facts don't exist, so you can justify running.

Second rule of denialism: Deflect by making up a strawman and attacking it. Since you're incapable of addressing what anyone actually says, make up a crazy story about what they supposedly said.

I don't follow your weirdass cult propaganda, hence I don't know what you're babbling about here. You're going to have to explain it in detail. And that's always hilarious.
again, nice flames.

What fact did you present that I pretended did not exist? Not one! Go apply your parlor tricks somewhere else.

Deflect? Strawman? All you said was that there were always volcanoes? I did not deny that, I agreed? So again, you are projecting, you are the one making up shit and then pretending as if you actually engaged and presented something contrary to the OP.

and third, it is correct when you state, "I don't know".

Yes, explain it in detail, someone said one glacier is melting. I provided a map showing how small that glacier is, how very tiny. I also provided the fact that there is geothermal activity in the area. A volcano at the least.

Everyone has confirmed these facts, by stating there has always been volcanoes.

Since then, maMOOT flames my post, trolls, as if nothing was said before, an attempt at obfuscation.

Yes, volcanoes since the there was ice on the Antarctica, have always melted the ice and warmed the ocean water. I can not argue that fact.

Ah, yes, "Ocean Warming", let us look at this un-magnified. Let's look at this at real temperatures so we can get a sense of the trend. View attachment 579449

Data from the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) shows that the average global sea surface temperature – the temperature of the upper few metres of the ocean – has increased by approximately 0.13°C per decade over the past 100 years. A 2012 paper published in the journal Geophysical Research Letters revealed that the deep ocean is also affected, with one third of the excess heat absorbed 700 m below the sea surface. Modelling studies published in IPCC’s 2013 Report predict that there is likely to be an increase in mean global ocean temperature of 1-4oC by 2100.

The upper few meters. I wonder if they measured all of them?

Fudgery and deception.
The WSJ is a Conservative Paper owned by the same person who owns Fox 'News.'

I brought it in because you Deceptively sought to blame 'Thwaits' on just a Volcano while, IN FACT, the whole planet is warming and melting.
A straw horse/ Strawman.

Got it now puffy?

`
The planet is melting? Yet you have no proof that what is happening, did not happen in the past, and is simply normal weather and climate events.

And again, the WSJ is hidden, how about at least, not being a lazy ass and actually present the study.

Forum List

Back