They can't define what an assult weapon is, but they will ban them...

Ridgerunner

'Ole Wise One'
Apr 20, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
Imagine that... Some snowflake in Illinois wants to Ban the following...

The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.

Shit is getting deep boys and girls...

Town votes to ban assault rifles, fine violators $1,000 a day

The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.

It's a literal smorgasbord of intentional firearms to ban! Oh! What a heady rush! Like shopping at the supermarket with someone else's credit card! Where shall we start? Oh those silly Right Wing Nutters thinking that anyone wanted to take ALL their guns. They just want "common sense" gun laws (starting with a ban on semi-auto rifles, then when kids switch to handguns, ban them! Then when they switch to shotguns------ ban them!) Pistols! Revolvers, Lever-Action, Bolt-Action----- BWAHAHAHAHA! Ban! Ban! Ban! BAN! BAN BAN BAN BAN BANBANBANBANBANBAN!

dwight_frye.jpg

Oh, I think I'm gonna cum! LOOK MA! I took ALL of their guns away and put 10,000 former legal, working, upstanding citizens of the community behind bars and fined them $270,000,000 dollars, took away their families and homes, and for doing nothing but not giving in to TYRANNY!

BUT MA! I've FIXED the world 'cuz I TOOK AWAY people's liberty to misbehave rather than teach them responsibility, discipline and respect like in the old days before progressivism! Can't you just FEEL the goosebumps raising up your leg! Seig Heil!

Last edited:
'Gunner' intransigence has brought this on. Those of us who honor our freedoms, including the ability to purchase and keep firearms, are very saddened that our fellow citizens who do not understand want to extend regulations. We do understand, though, that the insensitive, counter productive virulence of the 'gunners' has spooked so many people into reaction.

Does the right to bear arms...

... supersede the safety...

... and well being of others?

That seems to be the question...

... our society is struggling with.

Does the right to bear arms...

... supersede the safety...

... and well being of others?

That seems to be the question...

... our society is struggling with.

A better question is whether the forced inability of law-abiding citizens to defend ourselves and uphold our constitutional rights because of the actions of a very tiny few makes us a safer, freer and better society for all, and whether taking away guns like this has actually ever worked to make anyone more safe, more free---- or less? History says otherwise.

Last edited:
It hardly matters what question would be better asked, the reality is that overall opinion is swinging toward greater supervision of firearms ownership and transport. Public relations efforts on the part of the N.R.A. and its sympathizers would have been much better directed toward calm, quiet education. Rabid, frothing recitation of constitutional amendments while implicitly suggesting armed intervention worked to the advantage of their adversaries, and against the rest of us.

and whether taking away guns like this has actually ever worked to make anyone more safe, more free---- or less?
Yes, more safe and freer from the threat of massacres, as demonstrated by the safety of pupils in the other developed nations.

As history shows.

Rabid, frothing recitation of constitutional amendments while implicitly suggesting armed intervention worked to the advantage of their adversaries, and against the rest of us.
Manufacturers which fund the NRA to a large extent, around half, could not see their items of sale reduced without kneejerks. The NRA and its subscribers have been held captive to commercial aims disguised as ideological aims.

It hardly matters what question would be better asked, the reality is that overall opinion is swinging toward greater supervision of firearms ownership and transport.

Really? Maybe if the question had been asked by more and more loudly, then public opinion wouldn't be swinging in the direction it is! And how do you equate the total banning of and arbitrary criminalization of entire classes of firearms (and the people who hold them) by a handful of ignorant and fearful committee people with "greater supervision of firearm ownership?" In one fell-swoop, these idiots have seen fit to make felons out of a major portion of the community they serve (except retired cops of course).

Public relations efforts on the part of the N.R.A. and its sympathizers would have been much better directed toward calm, quiet education. Rabid, frothing recitation of constitutional amendments while implicitly suggesting armed intervention worked to the advantage of their adversaries, and against the rest of us.

And yet the NRA DOES offer a whole litany of gun safety training courses and education which they have promoted calmly and quietly. All of the rabid frothing has come from the fear-stricken gun grabbers.

david-hogg-ucla.jpg

I knew the left would be taking us in this direction.

My 50 year old Marlin semi-auto .22 with a fixed 18 shot magazine, is now an assault weapon and would be banned in this town.

I knew the left would be taking us in this direction.

My 50 year old Marlin semi-auto .22 with a fixed 18 shot magazine, is now an assault weapon and would be banned in this town.
Yeah? Is it not antique? Anyway, those tube mags are a disaster waiting to happen.

Illinois

Home of Chicago where the murder rate in 2016 was 206 times the national rate

All their gun laws really work so they want more

and whether taking away guns like this has actually ever worked to make anyone more safe, more free---- or less?
Yes, more safe and freer from the threat of massacres, as demonstrated by the safety of pupils in the other developed nations.

As history shows.

So all you care about are people who get killed by a rifle along with a few other people but you don't give a shit about the people who gt killed individually or those who get killed with other weapons.

70% of all murders take place in very small areas of just 5 counties in the entire country but since those murders are predominantly young minorities killing other young minorities you don't give a shit

If that town had any courage at all, they would jail their leaders and press criminal charges. Last time I looked, it was a crime to violate someone's rights.

It’s a good start

I would make it simpler.......anything capable of being fired at a rate above 100 rpm is an assault rifle

Forum List

Back