They don't make good movies anymore.

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021
Ive come to realize no one makes good movies anymore.

When was the last time we had a instant classic movie? Maybe once upon a time in Hollywood. That's it.

Even all the big huge popular movies that come out now are forgotten in a year. Like a avatar movies made boat loads of cash but no one quotes them, no one talked about scenes or characters, or anything. Everything now is a popcorn flick quickly forgotten.

Look at the movies that came out in 1984 alone.

Beverly hills cop
Ghostbusters.
Indiana Jones and the temple of doom.
Neverending story.
Gremlins
Revenge of the nerds
Adventures of buckaroo banzai
The last Starfighter
Star trek 3 search for spock
Friday the 13th the final chapter
Repo man
And dozens of more movies people still talk about and love today, that came out 40 years ago.

Modern Hollywood truly sucks. 1 year had a dozen classic movies enjoyed by hundreds millions of people years later that became part of our culture and still enjoyed even foday. But today? They can barely make 1 movie a year that people still consider great 3 years later let alone even really remember.

This year Ive been to the theater once to see mars express. Only other time I'll go is to see the new alien movie. Other than that there is nothing else I want to see in a theater.

I miss the days when studios would give someone money and say "go do whatever you want, just bring me more money back".

The trends and patterns I've seen are revisiting original ideas and attempting to recreate them with better special effects or having an infinite number of sequels that continue to diminish the storyline. Special effects are good, but what motivates the audience is a storyline that resonates and brings closure. What movies have been epic in the last 25 years? What movies have been good during the same time period?

There are epics, good movies, and duds. Examples in the last 25 years would include Gladiator, Oceans Eleven and the new Ghost Busters, respectively.

When was the last time we had a instant classic movie? Maybe once upon a time in Hollywood. That's it.

Even all the big huge popular movies that come out now are forgotten in a year. Like a avatar movies made boat loads of cash but no one quotes them, no one talked about scenes or characters, or anything. Everything now is a popcorn flick quickly forgotten.

Beverly hills cop
Ghostbusters.
Neverending story.
Gremlins
Revenge of the nerds
The last Starfighter
Repo man
And dozens of more movies people still talk about and love today, that came out 40 years ago.

Modern Hollywood truly sucks. 1 year had a dozen classic movies enjoyed by hundreds millions of people years later that became part of our culture and still enjoyed even foday. But today? They can barely make 1 movie a year that people still consider great 3 years later let alone even really remember.

This year Ive been to the theater once to see mars express. Only other time I'll go is to see the new alien movie. Other than that there is nothing else I want to see in a theater.

I miss the days when studios would give someone money and say "go do whatever you want, just bring me more money back".
Perhaps in the 1980's the Left wanted the populace better distracted with entertainment rather than what was going on with government.

But now that they have secured their power, they no longer feel the need to entertain you.

In fact, outwardly the country is run by what can only be described as imbecilic, with a current President that can't walk and talk and a VP that is a word salad machine, so bad, they have to hide her till election time.

But then, those are the ideal politicians for the Deep State.

Last edited:

Beverly hills cop
Ghostbusters.
Neverending story.
Gremlins
Revenge of the nerds
The last Starfighter
Repo man

I've seen a few good movies that came out in the last year. These are really good entertainment.

Dune Part 2
Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3
Godzilla Minus One
The Beekeeper
The Equalizer 3
Megan

You're right.....most of the movies they make these days are crap. But the ones above are worth looking at.

My hypothesis, is a bit different.

The internet and smart phones, or at least, growing up with them, and having an infinite world of entertainment and the world's supply of everything you could ever want at your finger tips, causes the new generations to grow up devoid of a real imagination.

. . . and thus? Actually lack that skill to give us the genius inspiration and writing that are necessary, are what causes the dearth of good creative entertainment.

Likewise, we a more cut off from the "muse," or the divine source which all of this comes from, folks in society have now looked inward. This is. . . not good. This leads to an emptiness and shallowness, and a lack of real inspiration.

It is seen not only in movies, but also in literature, art, architecture, and music as well.

The solutions to this are simple.

First. . . get rid of the internet.

Second, people need to get a closer relationship to the divine. It does not matter if it is 'the great spirit,' Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc., but folks just need to pray, meditate, etc., and have faith, once again in their culture, and in their families -- for the muse to inspire them.

Nihilism, Materialism, Asceticism and Luciferianism these are not the ways to inspire mankind, or build a culture and a society on.

Welcome to the Internet - Bo Burnham (from "Inside" -- ALBUM OUT NOW)​

Last edited:
Back in the day, movies used to tell an interesting story that resinated with people.
Today's movies are all about lecturing people on what's the politically correct way to think and act.
.......................................................................................................................................

Last edited:
Perhaps in the 1980's the Left wanted the populace better distracted with entertainment rather than what was going on with government.

But now that they have secured their power, they no longer feel the need to entertain you.

In fact, outwardly the country is run by what can only be described as imbecilic, with a current President that can't walk and talk and a VP that is a word salad machine, so bad, they have to hide her till election time.

But then, those are the ideal politicians for the Deep State.

This is about movies, not politicis.

Do you really think politicians were telling Hollywood "make really good movies so people will be distracted by how awful we are"?

And if that is the case the how come everything then was way better than it is now? Obviously people weren't being distrac
I've seen a few good movies that came out in the last year. These are really good entertainment.

Dune Part 2
Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3
Godzilla Minus One
The Beekeeper
The Equalizer 3
Megan

You're right.....most of the movies they make these days are crap. But the ones above are worth looking at.

Point being, how many really talk about, quote, make memes and so on about those movies compared to movies that are 40 years old?

Not saying they weren't decent, but nothing compares to the quality and love movies used to have. In 10 years no one will ever mention any of those movies, but they will still mention Ghostbusters.

This is about movies, not politicis.

Do you really think politicians were telling Hollywood "make really good movies so people will be distracted by how awful we are"?

And if that is the case the how come everything then was way better than it is now? Obviously people weren't being distrac

Point being, how many really talk about, quote, make memes and so on about those movies compared to movies that are 40 years old?

Not saying they weren't decent, but nothing compares to the quality and love movies used to have. In 10 years no one will ever mention any of those movies, but they will still mention Ghostbusters.
Most of the movies they made in the 70s and 80s are difficult to watch.

Usually 98% of the stuff they produce is crap.

Right now they're busy destroying good franchises with their wokish nonsense.

When you go to Creative Writing school, it is said that there are only three or four basic stories and every fictional tale is just a variation on one of them. Probably true. Making movies is just a business, and if they thought they could make money showing Taylor Swift eating breakfast, that's what they would produce.

Which brings up another question, interesting to me if no one else. What the fuck is a producer? Assistant Producer, and on and on. What does it mean when the film starts with statements that this film is produced by this company, then it is produced by that company, then another company. What the fuck?

Forum List

Back