They said it: Israeli leaders on Palestine

Since you have always accused the pro Israel posters of using propaganda sites, I know you wouldn't mind if I state the Palestine Remembered is an Arab propaganda site. I found the following article interesting.

Google Earth: A New Platform for Anti-Israel Propaganda and Replacement Geography

Caroline -

It seems you are in the habit of putting up misquotes.

And yet, of the dozen quotes I posted, you only question the authenticity of one of them - and that seems to be more like slight differences in the translation than any major difference in meaning.

Do you really not think you might be better served to accept that even your own right-wing leaders don't agree with your stand on occupied territory?

What will have to happen before you become open minded enough to listen to the people you voted for?

And what is your stake in all this. Why are you so concerned?
You leave Israel to deal with her own problems. I am sure she can get along fine without your wisdom, or otherwise.
Caroline, we all have seen those quotes over and over and over again, and they probably are one of the favorites things on the NeoNazi/Islamofascist hate sites. In fact, years ago, a poster on a trip to Israel visited the newspaper that supposedly reported on a Dayan quote. The people at the newspaper looked in the archives and told him that they never reported that in their newspaper So how do we know that all these quotes are "the real thing?" You can be sure, Caroline, these quotes will be dug up time and time again and posted on these forums.

Caroline -

And yet, of the dozen quotes I posted, you only question the authenticity of one of them - and that seems to be more like slight differences in the translation than any major difference in meaning.

Do you really not think you might be better served to accept that even your own right-wing leaders don't agree with your stand on occupied territory?

What will have to happen before you become open minded enough to listen to the people you voted for?

You leave Israel to deal with her own problems. I am sure she can get along fine without your wisdom, or otherwise.
Caroline, we all have seen those quotes over and over and over again, and they probably are one of the favorites things on the NeoNazi/Islamofascist hate sites. In fact, years ago, a poster on a trip to Israel visited the newspaper that supposedly reported on a Dayan quote. The people at the newspaper looked in the archives and told him that they never reported that in their newspaper So how do we know that all these quotes are "the real thing?" You can be sure, Caroline, these quotes will be dug up time and time again and posted on these forums.

Funny how Saigon, the poster who always claims to be a pro - Israeli, is the one who started this thread....

et al,

This is one of those threads that I find hard to follow.

Funny how Saigon, the poster who always claims to be a pro - Israeli, is the one who started this thread....
(COMMENT)

What exactly is being alleged here?

Most Respectfully,
R

et al,

This is one of those threads that I find hard to follow.

(COMMENT)

What exactly is being alleged here?

Most Respectfully,
R
What the allegation here is the fact that some people will search anti-Semitic web sites and take phony and false quotes and present them as actual quotes. They have all been de-bunked but you know the old saying, "If you tell a lie often enough......"

Hossfly -

There are 6 quotes in the OP, and a few others scattered through the thread.

I've seen complaints about exactly ONE of those quotes. (The Moshe Dayan one)

What we see on this thread is exactly the kind of blind denial I had expected. As I mentioned earlier, I think it is VERY difficult for some of our more extremist posters to justify their positions, when even the most hardcore Israeli Prime Minister would dismiss that position out of hand.

Last edited:
Hossfly -

There are 6 quotes in the OP, and a few others scattered through the thread.

I've seen complaints about exactly ONE of those quotes. (The Moshe Dayan one)

What we see on this thread is exactly the kind of blind denial I had expected. As I mentioned earlier, I think it is VERY difficult for some of our more extremist posters to justify their positions, when even the most hardcore Israeli Prime Minister would dismiss that position out of hand.
Actually, Abu Afak and other posters basically took apart all the quotes. :clap:

Roudy -

Abu questioned ONE SINGLE quote - the Moshe Dayan one, in post #32.

Presumably, he had no more problem with the other five quotes than anyone else did. By all means list the post # where he "debunked" the others.

Last edited:

It's called objectivity.

You should try it.

I have nothing against anyone who wants to crticize Israel. But at least don't pretend you are pro - Israeli.

It is possible to be pro-Israel AND objective. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

They only appear to be mutually exclusive on this board, because both sides are so blinded by partisan loyalty.

It's called objectivity.

You should try it.

I have nothing against anyone who wants to crticize Israel. But at least don't pretend you are pro - Israeli.

It is possible to be pro-Israel AND objective. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

They only appear to be mutually exclusive on this board, because both sides are so blinded by partisan loyalty.

Not when you are as objective as you are. There is a limit, which I personally believe you exceed. Just my opinion

Roudy -

Abu questioned ONE SINGLE quote - the Moshe Dayan one, in post #32.

Presumably, he had no more problem with the other five quotes than anyone else did. By all means list the post # where he "debunked" the others.
This is not an "objective" review of the thread. An objective assessment would be that this was an "attack thread" designed to malign Israel and its leaders, based on fake quotes and misquotes, which failed miserably.

Not each and every one of those quotes and misquotes need to be proven as fake. A few of them were taken apart as examples of the list being false propaganda.

Roudy -

Please try and post honestly.

Of the six quotes in the OP - five of them do not seem to have been questioned at all. There are more quotes in the thread - and not one of them has been questioned by anyone.

I realise that many of these quotes undermine your positions - which is exactly why you should give those positions some real thought.

Why is it that you post things on this forum that even the most hardline Israeli leaders would argue with?

Forum List

Back