They will have a lot of explaining to do to their kids or grandchildren!!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
But before that, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) was spotted tracing the watermark of the Capitol on a legal pad while Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) appeared to read a magazine article and Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) gazed at a 2021 calendar. Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) was studying what appeared to be a map of Southeast Asia.

Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.) was described by one reporter in the chamber as appearing to struggle to stay awake while Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) didn’t seem to pay much attention to Rep. Joe Neguse’s (D-Colo.) presentation.

Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) popped snacks into his mouth under his mask and at one point walked into the cloakroom, emerging moments later with a glass of milk. Milk and water are the only beverages allowed on the floor under Senate rules.

Other Republicans were paying diligent attention. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) had four stacks of note cards on his desk. Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.) took careful notes while Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) steadily watched the speakers at the podium.

A number of Republican senators arrived a few minutes late to the start of the second day of the trial. One reporter counted 33 seats empty when the proceeding started at noon. The chamber didn’t fill up until about 12:20 p.m.

GOP senators draw criticism for appearing to pay half-hearted attention to impeachment trial | TheHill
------------------------------------------------
Those republicans not paying attention are shit in my book!!

What’s the big deal? In college I routinely ignored lectures where I already knew the material and/or was already prepared for the coming exam.

These Republicans already know how they are voting. There’s really no need for them to be there except that the rules demand it (as my college’s attendance policy demanded of me). It’s the studious ones that the Republicans and especially Conservatives need to be paying attention to. They’re the likely backstabbed.

This phony "trial" is about as important as a rerun of "My Mother The Car".

The 'impeachment trial' could only be improved with a laugh track.
Yeah..because nothing screams “laugh track” like watching police getting beat up and killed, watching our Capitol Building getting sacked and seeing and hearing a mob call for the execution of our political leaders.

Grow the fuck up.

These assholes don't explain and they don't apologize. Horrible people reward them for being horrible. Congress abdicated their power to the executive years ago and their only job is to hold the line.

Was there something new being said that the senators were missing?

Not really. They were just giving the same arguments they had for months.

And there was no connection, no mens rea given to actually PROVE that the President's speech actually CAUSED the melee in the Capitol. No evidence was given to show that what happened was the President's intent, or even what his intent was.

The case just hasn't been proven at all, much less beyond a reasonable doubt.

I expect Trump to be Twice Exonerated in a few days.

What’s the big deal? In college I routinely ignored lectures where I already knew the material and/or was already prepared for the coming exam.

These Republicans already know how they are voting. There’s really no need for them to be there except that the rules demand it (as my college’s attendance policy demanded of me). It’s the studious ones that the Republicans and especially Conservatives need to be paying attention to. They’re the likely backstabbed.
So they should not have a vote.

And there was no connection, no mens rea given to actually PROVE that the President's speech actually CAUSED the melee in the Capitol. No evidence was given to show that what happened was the President's intent, or even what his intent was.

He probably will because the most of the republican senators are gutless wonders without a spine.

So in your view, the people of South Carolina, Kentucky and Florida are Less than Human and don't deserve to have a say in this matter?

That's pretty liberal of you.

He probably will because the most of the republican senators are gutless wonders without a spine.

Where's the beef? Where is the actual proof of a crime by Donald J. Trump? I don't see the actual, proven connection to show that this is what Trump intended.

So in your view, the people of South Carolina, Kentucky and Florida are Less than Human and don't deserve to have a say in this matter?

That's pretty liberal of you.

No just Kentucky and S. Carolina. I said they are fools.

But before that, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) was spotted tracing the watermark of the Capitol on a legal pad while Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) appeared to read a magazine article and Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) gazed at a 2021 calendar. Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) was studying what appeared to be a map of Southeast Asia.

Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.) was described by one reporter in the chamber as appearing to struggle to stay awake while Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) didn’t seem to pay much attention to Rep. Joe Neguse’s (D-Colo.) presentation.

Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) popped snacks into his mouth under his mask and at one point walked into the cloakroom, emerging moments later with a glass of milk. Milk and water are the only beverages allowed on the floor under Senate rules.

Other Republicans were paying diligent attention. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) had four stacks of note cards on his desk. Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.) took careful notes while Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) steadily watched the speakers at the podium.

A number of Republican senators arrived a few minutes late to the start of the second day of the trial. One reporter counted 33 seats empty when the proceeding started at noon. The chamber didn’t fill up until about 12:20 p.m.

GOP senators draw criticism for appearing to pay half-hearted attention to impeachment trial | TheHill

Boring presentation of no evidence

Only in Q world is a video “no evidence!’

In the real world, a dishonestly-edited video is a lie.

Where's the beef? Where is the actual proof of a crime by Donald J. Trump? I don't see the actual, proven connection to show that this is what Trump intended.

You wouldn't say that is it were a democratic potus.

The videos speak for themselves. In the real world, i.e. in court, insurrectionists and looters caught on video will be spending some time in the Big House. Any defense based on edited videos will be laughed out of court.

The videos speak for themselves. In the real world, i.e. in court, insurrectionists and looters caught on video will be spending some time in the Big House.

Donald J Trump is the accused, and he doesn't appear in any of the videos.

The only reason to pay attention to this joke (trial?) is to learn how our government can go drastically wrong so easily. It's up to reasonable people to make sure our government doesn't remain the one sided joke that it is today. More precisely, it is crucial to make people aware of the Marxist direction of the Dem party and why we must resist this philosophy that has destroyed so many other countries in the past. People who take this so called trial seriously need to become better informed about why we became the greatest country in the world.

Forum List

Back