Is it unpatriotic to fly foreign flags during a session of the US Congress?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
As far as I know, no foreign flag has ever been raised during a congressional session.

Yet when the Ukraine aid bill was passed, almost every Democrat in Congress was waving a Ukrainian flag and chanting "Ukraine! Ukraine!"

House Dems slammed for waving Ukrainian flag in chamber of US House: ‘Disgusting’​

"House Democrats have come under fire for waving the Ukrainian flag in the chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives during a vote to approve $60 billion in aid for the country’s defense.

"Ukrainian flags fly in the chamber of the UNITED STATES House of Representatives as they vote to send more of your hard-earned money to a corrupt foreign regime," Sen Rand Paul, R-Ky., said in a post on X Saturday. "And just like that they shout ‘UKRAINE! UKRAINE!’ while happily working to secure Ukraine’s borders, not ours."

House Dems slammed for waving Ukrainian flag in chamber of US House: ‘Disgusting’

1713788201306.jpeg

As far as I know, no foreign flag has ever been raised during a congressional session.

Yet when the Ukraine aid bill was passed, almost every Democrat in Congress was waving a Ukrainian flag and chanting "Ukraine! Ukraine!"

House Dems slammed for waving Ukrainian flag in chamber of US House: ‘Disgusting’​

"House Democrats have come under fire for waving the Ukrainian flag in the chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives during a vote to approve $60 billion in aid for the country’s defense.

"Ukrainian flags fly in the chamber of the UNITED STATES House of Representatives as they vote to send more of your hard-earned money to a corrupt foreign regime," Sen Rand Paul, R-Ky., said in a post on X Saturday. "And just like that they shout ‘UKRAINE! UKRAINE!’ while happily working to secure Ukraine’s borders, not ours."

House Dems slammed for waving Ukrainian flag in chamber of US House: ‘Disgusting’

View attachment 936014
I gotta be honest here, at least they represent a country, even though it might not be their own.

Honestly, it would not surprise me if they waved satanist flags and chanted, "Death to humanity!"

Don't laugh, we are almost there.

I think it depends on the context in which it is done. In this case it is done to show support for an ally, so I don't think it is unpatriotic. That said, sending another 60 Billion to Ukraine is not necessarily a good idea.

View attachment 936014

1713789744787.jpeg

America Last!!!
Well, they are all systemically racist and such.

Just say'in.

After all, they elected Joe Biden didn't they?

America is just run but the KKK is all.

View attachment 936014
It's called moral support

I think it depends on the context in which it is done. In this case it is done to show support for an ally, so I don't think it is unpatriotic. That said, sending another 60 Billion to Ukraine is not necessarily a good idea.
Better than send it to our Military to stockpile

Ukraine is using it to actually kill Russians
The same Russians we have spent trillions preparing to fight

I guess the OP doesn't know very much ...

"[Members of Congress] shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place." [emphasis mine]

It is the OP's comments that are unpatriotic ... denounces the very text of our Constitution ... he should know that's only unpatriotic in the Duma to fly foreign flags ... perhaps a legal citation is in order? ...

Does anyone really believe a tiny country like Ukraine is going to defeat Russia?

So what's you exit plan, other than a battle of attrition between both side, and keeping the war going?

What are you going to do when there are no longer any military-age males left alive in Ukraine? Send our troops there to do the fighting for them?

Something tells me you folks haven't thought this out very well. Thoughts, prayers, feelz, a buttload of money doesn't necessarily win wars. We've already had too many failed "nation-building" ventures and proxy wars, and this one is no different from all the others.

Does anyone really believe a tiny country like Ukraine is going to defeat Russia?

So what's you exit plan, other than a battle of attrition between both side, and keeping the war going?

What are you going to do when there are no longer any military-age males left alive in Ukraine? Send our troops there to do the fighting for them?

Something tells me you folks haven't thought this out very well. Thoughts, prayers, feelz, a buttload of money doesn't necessarily win wars. We've already had too many failed "nation-building" ventures and proxy wars, and this one is no different from all the others.
as long as dems get their money laundered they dont care what happens to either side,,

Forum List

Back